• Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1805
  • 3v3: 2099
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:00 PM

Paladins are actually a lot better off in beta atm than you think they are. First of all about the whole omg im going oom thing really isn't that big of a deal because other healers are going oom just as fast if not faster. And another thing about paladins that pretty much makes them the best healer in beta atm is the fact that they're unkillable. Between the talent gives you holy power when you get hit and word of glory/holy shock spam, it is impossible for 1-2, and sometimes even 3-4 people to bring you down. Only classes I've had able to kill me are frost mages and destro locks, which will both most likely get tuned down before beta goes live.

#42 Relmesh

Relmesh
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:04 PM

Hell, its about time. *smokes cigar*
Posted Image
http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=130749 -- DURRstruction, an epic chapter in the story of Destruction Warlocks. Prepare to lol.

http://www.youtube.com/user/onionburst (For Cataclysm Beta footage, PvP, duels, mechanics, fun.)

#43 Breadstickz

Breadstickz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

just wondering why the fuck everyone is compairing paladins to priest

Bad priests with 900 haste as disc wonder where their mana went as they are spamming Smite and Dispel. For some reason they think paladins (a class with little to no offensive ability) should be as deprived of mana as them and their haste gemming. :rolleyes:

#44 Renataki

Renataki
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

not going to lie. critting paladins for 18k hand of guldans/conflagrates. Cata is looking good!

#45 Klöjvert

Klöjvert
  • Klöjvert
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:31 PM

FUCK PRIESTs.. FUCK AREN..
WE CANT BUBBLE HS ANYMORE
EAT CAKE

i completly agree

#46 Evilear

Evilear
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:46 PM

some kind of joke? I know this kid trolls alot and all but is this serious?

#47 Pheature

Pheature
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 576

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

Bad priests with 900 haste as disc wonder where their mana went as they are spamming Smite and Dispel. For some reason they think paladins (a class with little to no offensive ability) should be as deprived of mana as them and their haste gemming. :rolleyes:

Yeh and its funny because I was watching Hydra stream today and he makes it work just fine, even openly admitted spamming smite 30+ times on a druid today, finished the fight with 70% mana and no drinks.

Regardless, I really hate the new holy paladin model, and even tho bellig is a troll he knows paladins pretty well, and everything ive seen/heard from PTR and Beta is just negative. Everyone who's been playing arena on Beta say paladins are a joke, and most of the high rated players who are on beta are saying so also, there's like 5 blog posts on hydramist about how bad they are compared to everyone else. Guess well have to wait and see.

#48 Val01

Val01
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:01 AM

Who cares? We get a watered down version of the DK pet YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#49 Grocery

Grocery
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1647
  • 3v3: 1777
  • RBG: 1530

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:18 AM

Base mana at 85 is 20-22k. Is the return on the new seal/judgement still shitty at 85?

Also, sup priests have op regen.

#50 Doomxxx

Doomxxx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationu.s

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:40 AM

Base mana at 85 is 20-22k. Is the return on the new seal/judgement still shitty at 85?

Also, sup priests have op regen.

what ? i have like 60k mana on beta lol

#51 lassira

lassira
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:41 AM

what ? i have like 60k mana on beta lol

mana isn't the same as base mana.

#52 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:43 AM

np 2700 druid doesnt know what base mana is. rofl.

#53 Spri

Spri

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:45 AM

np 2700 druid doesnt know what base mana is. rofl.

np 2900 pally clicks frames

#54 Dalic

Dalic
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Proudmoore
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:09 AM

Whoever said Priest regen is op on beta doesn't actually have beta.

It's all shit.

#55 Grocery

Grocery
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1647
  • 3v3: 1777
  • RBG: 1530

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:29 AM

Whoever said Priest regen is op on beta doesn't actually have beta.

It's all shit.

Archangel + Evangelism is better than what we have in beta.

#56 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:36 AM

With over 500 mp5 on the PTR, I'm still running out of mana. No it's not fast, it's worse. You slowly run out of mana and it's impossible to get it back up with divine plea only returning 10% every 2 minutes, STILL HAS THE 50% healing debuff. Seal of wisdom is gone because they merged it with light and nerfed the shit out of it. Instead of 4% total mana, it's 4% base mana, aka like 170 mana chance on hit instead of like 1k+.

Anyways, wtb removal of the healing debuff on divine plea or make it undispelable.

Also, divine sac is gone, silences are full duration. Stuns are full duration. Fear are full duration. Holy shock heals for 30% less than it does on live. Word of glory is pretty much RNG. Instant flash of light is gone and replaced with .5 sec cast Holy Light if you crit a Holy Shock. Best part: Holy Light heals for 4,000, and it has a 2.5 sec base cast TALENTED. 2.5 sec to heal 4k rofl.

Flash of Light costs more mana than priest's Flash heal and heals for 2,000 less.

Light of Dawn is a joke, it heals for like 3k.

Unless you get to heal for more than 3x as much at 85, it's going to suck(frost bolts are almost 10k non crit in greens).

Yeah I'm waiting for a class to start and I needed to pass some time.

good

#57 Eremite

Eremite
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:37 AM

Honestly it doesn't seem like you spent much time on the ptr. I am having little trouble going oom and word of glory is amazing, especially if you spec into the 2 points that makes it have a 30% chance of not using holy power. You can literally spam word of glory and holy shock to keep people up. All in all the changes seem like shit when you first start adjusting but once you adjust they are pretty amazing to play.

#58 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:43 AM

Honestly it doesn't seem like you spent much time on the ptr. I am having little trouble going oom and word of glory is amazing, especially if you spec into the 2 points that makes it have a 30% chance of not using holy power. You can literally spam word of glory and holy shock to keep people up. All in all the changes seem like shit when you first start adjusting but once you adjust they are pretty amazing to play.

You mean you can literally hope for a 30% chance for it to not use holy power, or hope that a 20% proc goes off to let you use holy shock twice. But if a mage counterspells you, you're going to not be able to cast a spell for at least 18 seconds.

#59 Paradyme

Paradyme
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:19 AM

Anyone know if this 8% shield thing is going to be decent? or crap?

#60 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

it's pretty crap. remember how you can sacred shield yourself before a rogue cheapshots you now? forget about that and get ready for some shields that absorb 700 damage after you heal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<