• Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

so palas will see what it's like as a priest

Yes, except:
-pala mobility will suck ass (you must choose between stun+%healing to get 10sec freedom)
-pala will sit in full stuns and nothing to use except bubble (vs. priest ps, renew, abolish, pws)
-pala will dodge sheeps once every 2minute (whee! no more divine sacrifice) ?(vs. priest swds every 10sec)?
-palas will do shit damage and cannot contribute in any way to offensive effort (vs. priests purging, smiting and manaburning and making shit happen)
-we will be chaining heals when we can and when we cannot we ask teammates politely to LoS/use every fucking defensive skill they have (vs. priest pws/renew/penancing em full)

But hey guys, atleast we are wearing plate!

P.S. Holytalents suck ass and instead of making to chose between em, you ask yourself a question: Do I really want my exorcism to hit for 1800 instead of 1600 when all my casting time is probably wasted on trying to get people full with preTBC-style FoLs hitting for 600.

#22 janizari

janizari
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Saurfang
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

What are the downsides of shadowfiend?

lol, your kidding right? Sometimes fiend is awesome and gives the extra burst to finish a game or force CDs. Other games it gets spam CCed/Z axis/CoI spam.

I'm fairly certain beta/ptr numbers are not final so if you feel like everything is totally underwhelming you are probably right and can expect things to change up until dec 7th

/agree

Also, it can't be as bad as s5 druids right?!

#23 Eaten

Eaten
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1887
  • 3v3: 1246

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

paladin - good mana efficiency tradeoff for shit offensive utility
priest - bad mana efficiency tradeoff for good offensive utility

it's druids that u turds should be whining about with the infinite mana bullshit

ps: maybe if u suck, shadowfiend would seem like a bad ability

#24 Eaten

Eaten
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1887
  • 3v3: 1246

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

on the brightside however, they buffed exorcism dmg so you hit for around 2500 on resil targets

also, they buffed the automatic self heal that gets tagged on to any heal, so its like a 4.5k non crit / 6k crit

#25 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Yes, except:
-pala mobility will suck ass (you must choose between stun+%healing to get 10sec freedom)

A magic, poison and physical (freedom/BoP) dispeller complains about mobility

-pala will sit in full stuns and nothing to use except bubble (vs. priest ps, renew, abolish, pws)

There is no abolish, shields absorb 1 dot tick, ps=bubble. Priests loose stun/silence/fear reduction as well.

-pala will dodge sheeps once every 2minute (whee! no more divine sacrifice) ?(vs. priest swds every 10sec)?

Nothing is changing, good mages sheep when you can't dodge anyway.

-palas will do shit damage and cannot contribute in any way to offensive effort (vs. priests purging, smiting and manaburning and making shit happen)

We are offensive because we can't be defensive. Guess why. Yeah, mana.

-we will be chaining heals when we can and when we cannot we ask teammates politely to LoS/use every fucking defensive skill they have (vs. priest pws/renew/penancing em full)

Show me a penance to full on Beta. Shields are worthless. Renew lol.

tl;dr: Cry more. Druid forums that way --->

#26 Apendix

Apendix
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

Lol cos it is very hard to cyclone/desecration/nova/double fear/chains/stun or any slow of cc in the game on a shadowfiend for 15 seconds k.
Posted Image
will be diamond soon if any1 wants to do some 1v1 or 2v2 or anything just message me Apendix 145.

#27 Bloody_qq

Bloody_qq
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

Quit the class so the true heroes can shine.

hahahhhahah

on topic........paladins going oom? can we have blue post confirm on this plz, if yes then welcome to World of Mana users.

#28 Kujaqt

Kujaqt
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

WTB end of S9 class/comp/player comparison against S8.

All in all, paladins are so different to priests when talking about arena healing, paladins generally team up with classes that can put out huge damage/pressure but are weak - so you have a dedicated healer (paladin) helping them out, helping them keep on their target (freedom/bop/dispells etc etc)

Priests are weak and need people with good CC to help them, which leads to them getting kills when all 3 are ready to do damage (burst that is actually set up)

As for losing Divine sac, that seems like a bit of a huge nerf to palas, i dont agree with that - however you need to look at these talents/abilities etc WITHOUT thinking about wotlk arena, games are going to be different, longer. Sitting in a full poly might not be as much of a deal as it is now.

Also the numbers will never be complete until dec 7 AND when you're in a decent set of 85 gear, since thats all they care about (quite rightly)

#29 m0jjen

m0jjen
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

With over 500 mp5 on the PTR, I'm still running out of mana. No it's not fast, it's worse. You slowly run out of mana and it's impossible to get it back up with divine plea only returning 10% every 2 minutes, STILL HAS THE 50% healing debuff.

Hello, im just gonna miss the whole concept of healing in cataclysm and go rant about it. Clueless as i am!

#30 Holypalaswe

Holypalaswe
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

cataclysm-qq belongs on wow official forums.

no wait you are actually whining about lvl85 mechanics being broken for lvl80's :rolleyes:

---> http://forums.worldo...&sid=1&pageNo=1

whine there and you can actually get response instead of just crying for support on paladinforums

#31 Sleepy

Sleepy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

so palas will see what it's like as a priest

guess :priest: still much better :/ maybe execpt the mana

#32 Mylez

Mylez
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

It's an amazing ability against terrible players.

#33 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

At start i was quite happy that holy spec was a bit nerfed, as there are way too many high rated holy paladin that litterally do nothing else than just spamming holy shock (won't talk about the ones playin' ele/holy/destruc).

But now I do believe Divine plea should be either undispellable or no longer cause a -50% healing debuff, they should probably give SS back (Yep its an overpowered spell, but they balanced our class around that spell and of course, the bubble spell).

I really think s8 holy paladin is fair, it's a very strong healer that has weaknesses (cs, cc, purge), who's got a good mana efficiency depending on his gear/gems, and i really like the concept of Divine Plea.

So I don't see why they're changing that much our beloved class, they finally got what they wanted since season 7 and protholy's nerf, didnt they ?

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#34 Stolsben

Stolsben
  • Junkies

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

Yes, except:

But hey guys, atleast we are wearing plate!

P.S. Holytalents suck ass and instead of making to chose between em, you ask yourself a question: Do I really want my exorcism to hit for 1800 instead of 1600 when all my casting time is probably wasted on trying to get people full with preTBC-style FoLs hitting for 600.

ehm, do u think priests mobility is good or what? :o

#35 Paixao

Paixao
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

brb reroling priest.

#36 Redocz

Redocz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Nera'thor
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

you are not supposed to spam flash of light

#37 Issuelol

Issuelol
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

welcome to the shoes of a priest.

#38 Mojjen

Mojjen
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

just wondering why the fuck everyone is compairing paladins to priest
Posted Image

#39 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

Every healing class is like this atm, even on cataclysm beta 85 its just a diffrent play style you need to use diffrent heals for diffrent situations.
I kinda like the change makes it harder to heal than hammer 1 or 2 buttons,
atleast its even for all healers at 85 game aint really balanced around 80 like on ptr.
Posted Image

#40 Bailou

Bailou
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

god forbid paladins to run out of mana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users