Photo

Making Mass Gold

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Karz60_*

Guest_Karz60_*

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

I have 11k gold I'm fucking set for life fuck this shit. 10k gold from quests, dailies a few times a week. All I need gold for is profession lvling, enchants/gems/gear etc.

#42 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:51 AM

Saronite bars sell for 25g a stack to a vendor, which means ore under 12.5g a stack is free money (for smelting, which you can do afk), even if you can't use it or resell it. Hold onto it til you run out of room, and then vendor if you need.

I just bought some for 11g. I saw the AH was at 12g 40s, and saw someone spamming they were selling stacks. He said 12g per, so I posted a stack at 11g 75s bid/buyout, logged on a dif char, and asked how much. He said 12g, I pointed out that there was one cheaper on the AH, and proceeded to buy 31 stacks from him at 11g per. 50g for about 2 minutes of time, and more if I actually make it into stuff, or resell it at a higher price. And I told him he could CoD me any more he got for the same price.

The stack cost me like 70s to post, which is no big deal. And even if it got bought (unlikely in the 30 second window), it's the same as the person who sold me an 11g stack of ore earlier, just sending me 1 less stack (as it would have resold for slightly over 11g after the AH cut). I'm leaving it up with the hopes more people undercut, but even if it doesn't, it paid off, and even if it hadn't, the loss is minimal.

And this, aside from actually using a lot of it and stocking up for cataclysm, is why I have something like 20-25,000 saronite ore.

#43 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

Holyfierss what other items are you stockpiling for cata?

#44 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:08 AM

I'm not stockpiling most things specifically for cataclysm, I'm just overstocking items for the present that I think will continue to sell later on. That way, I don't have to slow down my posting now while everyone is dumping their supplies at fire-sale prices, and when I'm stuck with stuff, it'll still pay off.

Green gems are good, blues and epics are worthless.
Ore is good. Cobalt/saronite, not titanium.
If I were a scribe I'd have a stack of every glyph in the game premade.
Eternals are good, but I wouldn't overdo it. It's good for professions and not easily found while leveling, but people tend to not mass purchase it (or so I've found historically) for professions.
Cloth is good. It's pretty much impossible to overstock netherweave or frostweave.
Herbs are good. Right now, they're super fucking cheap, at least on my server. Like, what was 20-30g a week ago has dropped as low as 6g now. On top of being able to turn it into vellums later on, which will always be useful for ppl leveling enchanting or for twinks, herbs are used in inscription and alchemy, so you cover multiple bases that way.
Be careful though. Ore is unlikely to ever not be useful, but they're changing how professions are leveled, so that harder plans give more skillups. The core mats are the safest.

One of the best parts of continuing to stock mats is that while the prices of herbs that I mentioned before dropped down to 6g, they have gone back up as high as 15-16g, allowing me to post a lot of them for 100% profit. There's a good chance I'll use them now, or sell them before Cata. If I can't use them now, I'll sell them in cata. If I can't sell them in cata, I'll level alch or inscription on a char later on for free.

Pretty much anything that will continue to be useful, but not as easy to gather. There's a reason thorium ore is so expensive now.
On that note, I'd avoid lvl 1-60 mats for the most part, since with goblins, worgen, and people playing through the revamped cata zones, you don't know how easily the shit will be gathered.

Primordial saronite is a riskier stockpile mat, but has a potential for high reward, as people who go back to ICC for shadowmourne won't have an easy time farming the saronite. You'd have to do like 6 extra clears just to get enough to start your 1000 kill quest. Plus there will be a lvl 80 twink market, even if not a very pronounced one.

Also, there should and will be significant inflation in cataclysm. What you pay 10g for now, even if it's value stays the same relative to other goods, will be worth significantly higher.

#45 Bigbadburks

Bigbadburks
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:59 AM

Anyone have a fair estimate of how much cash it'd take to level an alchemist from 1- whatever level it takes for transmuting ES/SF diamonds? I have an alt with an unused profession slot so I could definitely get a mute spec alchemist.
Posted Image

#46 RestoShamFTW

RestoShamFTW
  • Derp
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:
  • LocationCompton, CA / South Los Angeles

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

I try to play the AH sometimes but it always ends up going to shit :(

#47 Saywat

Saywat
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 1449
  • RBG: 1326

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

I try to play the AH sometimes but it always ends up going to shit :(

ye me too, but i think I'll try again using some of these tips.
Spoiler

Spoiler

#48 Marathi

Marathi
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

the hell do you need so much gold for?
Spoiler

worst terran eu

#49 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

the hell do you need so much gold for?

Some people do it for the fun of being successful at money making. Plus i guess if you had a consistent buyer you could offload some of it for real life gold or game cards.

#50 Hexsia

Hexsia
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

I'd sell the gold for RL money. It's essentially useless having that much gold.

It's like season 2 all over again add portal, haunt, and ua affliction is easily the most broken talent tree in the game.

Spoiler

#51 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

Auctioneer just had my life did a scan and then search and tried to buy some twink blue boots for 5g when i clicked on them and bought them it bought me trollweaven girdle for 295g lol. FML

#52 Bigbadburks

Bigbadburks
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

How do I make profit if I'm buying raw mats to just resell?
Posted Image

#53 Bigbadburks

Bigbadburks
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

I'd sell the gold for RL money. It's essentially useless having that much gold.

I quite possibly may do that but I'm grinding out some of the gold to buy a few in game things for me and my fiance.
Posted Image

#54 brosanac

brosanac
  • Jóhndorian
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

i earned the most of my gold trough boosting people in 2s, you wouldnt believe how many people pay 6-10k gold for the t1 wep

too lazy to mess around with the ah and proffs :z

#55 Bigbadburks

Bigbadburks
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

i earned the most of my gold trough boosting people in 2s, you wouldnt believe how many people pay 6-10k gold for the t1 wep

too lazy to mess around with the ah and proffs :z

I won't be able to boost. I'm 2 seasons behind in gear because I haven't actively pvp'd since S6.
Posted Image

#56 Ilikegold

Ilikegold
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

So i'm gonna stack up on saronite ore, and i guess i'll make some glyphs for each class even though this asshole on my server will just post like 10 of every glyph for 1g per on patch / cata release day because he "doesn't want people to spend time camping the AH, and wants them to play the game".

God i hate that guy....

#57 VerathofVashj

VerathofVashj
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1636
  • 3v3: 1907
  • 5v5: 1873
  • RBG: 1846

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

i just grind honor and sell gems with an overflow of excess arena points to turn into honor tokens, and in turn, for more gems.
+rep if i helped thanks

If that upsets you try playing a warrior...

- Ayraswag

#58 Seriana

Seriana
  • Seriana
  • Banned
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

Green gems don't sell for shit :confused:

Im going to buy Seriana a dildo

#59 Downedlol

Downedlol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

stockpile things people need to level professions (ores etc)

shit on the market when cata hits

????????

Spoiler

#60 Bigbadburks

Bigbadburks
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

stockpile things people need to level professions (ores etc)

shit on the market when cata hits

????????

Spoiler

I want the gold before Cata.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<