• EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostBaklivaX, on 30 April 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

What is Ferdinand doing in here :S

Ferdinand has had a great season.  What is amazing is how De Gea has gone from being a Liability to best keeper in the league.  Also amazing is how Joe Hart has gone bad this season.  Hopefully it's just a form thing as he is the best England Goal keeper we have had since Shilton.

Although I find it hard to disagree with any of the choices, I don't think that team would work in reality because it's just too attacking.  Mata would have to play too deep and wouldn't be as effective as in his normal position.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#8862 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

I just think Ivanovic deserves to be there, and I'd put Luiz over Ferdinand any day.
Posted Image

#8863 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Well fergie did mention 4 players who are up for player of the season.  The only change was Rafael instead of Ferdinand.  I still feel he's been the rock our team was built on this season.  Very rarely at fault for any goals conceded.  Only Bale and one other instance (can't remember who it wasI can remember him getting skinned.  But every defender gets beat now and then.  Everyone in the league has struggled with Bale if he has got into a one on one situation.
Posted Image

#8864 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Posted Image

#8865 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postardnut, on 30 April 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Ferdinand has had a great season.  What is amazing is how De Gea has gone from being a Liability to best keeper in the league.  Also amazing is how Joe Hart has gone bad this season.  Hopefully it's just a form thing as he is the best England Goal keeper we have had since Shilton.

Although I find it hard to disagree with any of the choices, I don't think that team would work in reality because it's just too attacking.  Mata would have to play too deep and wouldn't be as effective as in his normal position.

Despite Joe Hart's dip in form, I'm not sure why De Gea would all of a sudden be the best keeper in the league? Hart still has the most clean sheets in the league, he also has a lower "errors leading directly to goals" rate than De Gea does. So if De Gea has a lower clean sheet percentage and higher error rate than what would qualify him for being a better keeper?

Also, just fyi, this has nothing to do with United hating or whatever. I would have no issue giving De Gea the nod if it was most valuable starting 11, but that's not the case, otherwise RVP would have won player of the year.

Statistically speaking, Joe Hart is still the best keeper in England. So to put any other keeper above him is to go by a different set of qualifications, at least imo.

I definitely think De Gea is the MVP as far as keepers this season, but to me MVP and "Best" are two different awards.
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#8866 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

ok tonight I predict a 2-0 win for Madrid :(
ツ シ

#8867 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostSlashgiggle, on 30 April 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Despite Joe Hart's dip in form, I'm not sure why De Gea would all of a sudden be the best keeper in the league? Hart still has the most clean sheets in the league, he also has a lower "errors leading directly to goals" rate than De Gea does. So if De Gea has a lower clean sheet percentage and higher error rate than what would qualify him for being a better keeper?

Also, just fyi, this has nothing to do with United hating or whatever. I would have no issue giving De Gea the nod if it was most valuable starting 11, but that's not the case, otherwise RVP would have won player of the year.

Statistically speaking, Joe Hart is still the best keeper in England. So to put any other keeper above him is to go by a different set of qualifications, at least imo.

I definitely think De Gea is the MVP as far as keepers this season, but to me MVP and "Best" are two different awards.

De Gea has better save % afaik
Posted Image

#8868 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Is there CB that is using his hands/elbows in duels more than Ramos?
Posted Image

• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/2/2/1/.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

man I feel so bad for Lewandoski, getting completly harrassed by that spanish cunt.

Also RM is broken as a team, outplayed so hard in the first half

#8870 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

But ouch, the offense of Dortmund is hurting badly. They play it really well until the pass in the depth and then it goes horribly wrong. Hope they'll get over Götze missing in the second half.

#8871 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostWitsel, on 30 April 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

man I feel so bad for Lewandoski, getting completly harrassed by that spanish cunt.

Also RM is broken as a team, outplayed so hard in the first half

We weren't outplayed at all in the first half.  If anything, we beat ourselves in the first half, especially the first 15-20 minutes.  We had 3 or 4 solid chances to net a goal that came back to bite us in the ass.  We were outplayed @ Dortmund.  In the Bernabeu we played with heart, intensity and almost pulled off a miracle at the end.  

I don't really want any "what if's" or whatever because there are too many.  What if Alonso didn't give up that silly penalty at the end of the first leg?  What if Hummels didn't give away that goal in the 1st leg?  What if Ozil finished his chance / passed it to Ronaldo to finish on a wide open net?  What if Dortmund (Gundegan?) finished his chance and Lopez didn't make an incredible save? What if Ramos would've been carded earlier for his physical play?  What if Webb awarded a soft penalty at the end?

There's too many "what if's" and it goes both ways.  Real Madrid put on a show in the last 10 minutes and I was on the edge of my seat.  Their first 15-20 were exciting.  Dortmund regaining composure and having their chances was exciting.  Lewandowski hitting the bar was exciting.  Dortmund fan, Madrid fan, neutral football fan -- this game was the reason we all enjoy football; the exciting atmosphere and the possibility that anything can happen.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#8872 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#8873 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Props to Mourinho/Klopp for good sportsmanship.  No surprise Ramos is a hothead, nothing new.  Don't really think he's a bad guy or a shithead like Pepe or Suarez.  I just think he's an emotional dude.

What I didn't notice when I saw the Mourinho/Sahin low five live, was Coentrao.  Dude looks IRATE with the linesman in the first .gif

bk said:

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

#8874 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yeah dunno wtf was Coentrao doing

Don't mind Ramos being hothead, and yeah as you said nothing new, i mean if any of us was in his skin...But he was just slapping Lewandowski to much
Posted Image

#8875 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yeah he knocked him around a bit too much, I'd agree.  But yeah like you said, I'd probably have knocked him around too if I were Ramos.

Man, 1-0 win would've been less painful than a 2-0 win.  I'm SO just ... bummed.

bk said:

Insight said:

#8876 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

was also at the edge of my seat after the first goal. weidenfeller should've got a red card fuck that cunt. bitch tried to play for time even in the 43min what a homo.

also ozil screwed up big time with that selfish move in the 20min or so were he should've passed to ronaldo instead of doing what he did.

after that game i really think they should let higuain go, he didn't do anything producive except bitch around for ever ref decision like some whiney little bitch. benzema should've started from the beginning. too bad he came on so late.
Posted Image

#8877 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostSlashgiggle, on 30 April 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

This is what I find funny about Americans.  They use statistics to decide who is better at what rather than personal experience of watching the players.  It's impossible for statistics to tell the full story because there is no context.  They are black and white.  There is no grey area.  I don't know if your stats are from ... if they include cup games or not.  For instance De Gea played awesome against Real Madrid where Joe Hart made mistakes.
Posted Image

#8878 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 April 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Props to Mourinho/Klopp for good sportsmanship.  No surprise Ramos is a hothead, nothing new.  Don't really think he's a bad guy or a shithead like Pepe or Suarez.  I just think he's an emotional dude.

What I didn't notice when I saw the Mourinho/Sahin low five live, was Coentrao.  Dude looks IRATE with the linesman in the first .gif

Wow... he kicked the crap (actually elbowed the crap) out of Lewandowski all match!  He is a dirty player ... but don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad thing for a center back.  You want them to get away with as many fouls as possible on the center forward to put them off their play.  I think he played well and would love to have a player like that in my team.  Carrager was great at it for Liverpool.  He's probably not going to make any friends with the opposition but who the fuck cares.

I've got a lot of respect for RM after that performance...they battered them for the majority of the match.  Hummels is a beast of a defender.  Everyone down to the ball boys put 100% effort in.  Very entertaining match :)
Posted Image

#8879 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

View Postardnut, on 01 May 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

Wow... he kicked the crap (actually elbowed the crap) out of Lewandowski all match!  He is a dirty player ... but don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad thing for a center back.  You want them to get away with as many fouls as possible on the center forward to put them off their play.  I think he played well and would love to have a player like that in my team.  Carrager was great at it for Liverpool.  He's probably not going to make any friends with the opposition but who the fuck cares.

I've got a lot of respect for RM after that performance...they battered them for the majority of the match.  Hummels is a beast of a defender.  Everyone down to the ball boys put 100% effort in.  Very entertaining match :)

Cheers man.

That being said, I am absolutely destroyed at coming so, so close.  The heart those dudes played with and falling barely short.  :(

From Iker's Facebook:
Spoiler

I think Ramos upholds the respect one would give towards a captain in the same manner Iker would.  Naturally I really, really like Madrid since they're my favorite team and the one I support but I think I full on fell in love with the team after today's performance, more so than ever before.

bk said:

Insight said:

#8880 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostLmkt, on 30 April 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

ok tonight I predict a 2-0 win for Madrid :(
as you can see, no edit, and posted a couple hours before the game. I'm a genius
ツ シ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<