Official UEFA & Football/Soccer Thread

• Please log in to reply
11011 replies to this topic

#8801 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Wondering what would happen if some1 would do some shit like this in England/Germany or in non RM/Barca team in La Liga.
Posted Image

#8802 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

#8803 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Stream http://www.firstrow1...eal-madrid.html

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#8804 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Another stream http://www.vipbox.tv...eam-online.html

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#8805 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostBaklivaX, on 24 April 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

Wondering what would happen if some1 would do some shit like this in England/Germany or in non RM/Barca team in La Liga.
Damn, that's disgusting.  It's like beating up a women or child.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#8806 Kawklee

Kawklee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

fuck yeah pepe

its a man's sport, kick that diving cunt

shulda bit him, too

#8807 Manath

Manath
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1802

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image

#8808 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

oh god, phuk me. can this get any worse?

still a 3-0 vicotry in the santiago bernabeu is doable.
Posted Image

#8809 yourmomrofl

yourmomrofl
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Posted Image

Was rooting for Germans in both games, and I expected Bayern to crash Barcelona and Borussia win too, but what happened in last 2 days is beyond any expectations.

Hope Bayern gets the trophy with a style this year. It's not lost what comes at last

View PostZenneroth, on 03 March 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Alright, so I've started experimenting with alcohol (only 20 so I can't go out to bars yet) and last weekend my brother and I were chillin out, watching netflix, and I started drinking at around 10 in the morning. I get tipsy and keep around that level till about 6 PM, then after the buzz wore off I felt like shit. It wasn't necisarily a headache, the best I can describe it is how you feel when you are really fucking tired but not sleepy. Anyway I tried to get feeling better by drinking water but I didn't feel any better until I woke up the next morning.

#8810 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

The only good thing about this loss is that maybe people will stop brushing Dortmund off, here and on reddit.  Fuckin' annoying honestly

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#8811 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Well when Dortmund beat RM in the group stage, they played awesome and RM wasn't in shape. Now RM got back into shape,i just didn't see Dortmund winning in double match over RM...Now i can see it happen, but still 1 more game to play at Madrid. I just hope in case RM goes through that they go through without ref's assisting much, but can't see that happen.
Posted Image

#8812 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

We lost for a number of reasons:
  • Having Ramos at RB instead of CB was detrimental.  We had to rely on Pepe/Varane instead of Ramos/Varane.  Ramos is just a better CB and everyone knows it.  Pepe made some errors leaving Lewandowski free to do what he did to us.  Which was drop 3 goals on us (4th given on a soft penalty because of Alonso being careless).  We only had two choices with our back 4.  One was to play it as we did, Coentrao/Varane/Pepe/Ramos or to take the admittedly more risky back 4, Coentrao/Varane/Ramos/Essein.  So this one was hard to avoid but it played a part in why we lost.
  • Our midfield was nonexistent.  Just straight up dreadful.  I think this was in part to poor planning/decision making by Mourinho, honestly.  We started Modric over Di Maria, which means that Ozil had to play on the side instead of in the middle.  Typically, Ozil has been playing in the center with Di Maria on the side but clearly that didn't happen today.  This was erroneous and costly.
  • The burst out of the gate from the start of the game and letting Dortmund net one in the first ten minutes really fucked with Madrid honestly.  It took the next 20-30 minutes for Madrid to get back on equal footing and just when we equalized to make it 1-1, Lewandowski at the start of the second half burst out the gate again and quickly made it 2-1.
  • Once we we're down 4-1, we started playing stupid and countless long ball after long ball for the last 15-20 minutes instead of playing normally as we were, creating chances now and then.  When we settled down to pass/push normally, we had a few chances, and Ronaldo almost got his 2nd goal.
Those are Madrid things.  All of that being said, Dortmund had us all around.  Higuain was caught offside multiple times.  The service from the midfield to Ronaldo was lacking.  The linkup from Coentrao to Ronaldo was lacking.  Alonso couldn't connect with Ramos/Varane/Higuain/Ronaldo off any set piece.  All of the offensive issues were due to Dortmund playing good defensively and containing Madrid across the board.  Shameful result for Madrid but Dortmund certainly deserved it, no question.  Can Madrid score 3 @ the Bernabeu? Yeah.  Can we do that WHILE keeping a clean sheet?  I don't know but realistically speaking it seems doubtful.  We have been very poor at keeping clean sheets in general lately (no it's not Diego Lopez's fault, Casillas had trouble with it too) and against Dortmund it'll be exponentially more difficult.

Just gonna quote myself from another forum because this how I feel about the German vs. Spanish football shit people keep bringing up (and the announcers were never gonna let any spectator hear the end of it)

Dortmund/Bayern absolutely dominated Madrid/Barca. 4-1 and 4-0. Shameful. They deserve the advantages they have headed back to Spain. That being said, the whole "GERMANY IS OVERTAKING SPANISH FOOTBALL" is just odd. You're talking about 2 games vs 5 years. Is it possible? Sure. But the announcers/others rhetorically asking about it every 5 minutes? Annoying and pretty near sighted.

GG to Dortmund. GG to Bayern. I'm hoping Madrid can turn something out, though we rarely keep a clean sheet. :(

bk said:

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

#8813 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostManath, on 24 April 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#8814 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

What is that "5 years" figure, Syke?
Posted Image

#8815 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Was kind of throwing numbers out but I was mostly thinking about:  Euro 2008, World Cup 2012, Euro 2012 all belonging to Spain.

08/09 - Spanish
09/10 - Italian
10/11 - Spanish11/12 - English

And from 2008-2013, Spanish teams had the most CL wins (2 Spanish, 1 Italian, 1 English).

08/09 - Ukrainian
09/10 - Spanish
10/11 - Portuguese
11/12 - Spanish

And from 2008-2013, Spanish teams had the most Europa League wins (2 Spanish, 1 Ukrainian, 1 Portuguese)

2008 - English
2009 - Spanish
2010 - Italian
2011 - Spanish
2012 - Brazilian

And from 2008-2012, Spanish teams had the most FIFA Club World Cup wins (2 Spanish, 1 English, 1 Italian, 1 Brazilian)

I think Spain holding the Euro/WC from 2008-present + majority CL wins + majority Europa wins + majority FIFA Club World Cup wins was significant enough to throw out 5 years of Spanish dominance in football.  I guess if I wanted I could go through EVERY group stage result + knockout results but I hella do not care that much lol

bk said:

Insight said:

#8816 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

So does this make it Germany > Spain >England now?  Fuck we are now 3rd division.  We need to sort this shit out next season.

I missed all of this because I was in Brussels at the European Seafoods show from Monday to yesterday... every fucking year I miss it.  At least it wasn't my team in the semi's...that's hard to take :(
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#8817 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Europa league isn't really competition worth mentioning when you are comparing top leagues... "Spanish teams had the most CL wins". Pretty sure u mean Spanish team aka Barcelona, and 1 team doesn't make the whole league best.

Spain has the beast team and they proven it, but that doesn't mean their League is as dominant as their national team. That's just dumb, England league would be like what worse than Holland/France?
Posted Image

#8818 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Postardnut, on 25 April 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

So does this make it Germany > Spain >England now?  Fuck we are now 3rd division.  We need to sort this shit out next season.

I missed all of this because I was in Brussels at the European Seafoods show from Monday to yesterday... every fucking year I miss it.  At least it wasn't my team in the semi's...that's hard to take :(

Nah... The entire point of the quote from myself was to make a point that the announcers / other people raving about the Spanish era being over because of 2 games is so small picture / narrow minded considering the Spanish dominance of the past 5 years.

View PostBaklivaX, on 25 April 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Europa league isn't really competition worth mentioning when you are comparing top leagues... "Spanish teams had the most CL wins". Pretty sure u mean Spanish team aka Barcelona, and 1 team doesn't make the whole league best.

Spain has the beast team and they proven it, but that doesn't mean their League is as dominant as their national team. That's just dumb, England league would be like what worse than Holland/France?

Europa league is worth mentioning, because it's another tier of football that has Spanish dominance in the past 5 years.  It doesn't matter what team won the CL, because we're talking about nationality, not club.  And I already said I'm not going to go through every group stage, round of 16, quarterfinal, semi final result to make my point even more concrete.  It's not a scholarly report on every result in the past 5 years; it was a sample (and good enough proof) of the 5 year comment in response to Bezerker.  I knew you'd narrow in on the small picture but whatever, that's 100% not the point.

bk said:

Insight said:

#8819 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Lots of nations have their reign for a bit, that's just how it is.  The 70s Brazilian era for example?  Spain is just on top and I'm sure it'll shift eventually, as it always does, but all the people goin apeshit over 2 losses just seemed hella weird, is the point

bk said:

Insight said:

#8820 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 25 April 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Lots of nations have their reign for a bit, that's just how it is.  The 70s Brazilian era for example?  Spain is just on top and I'm sure it'll shift eventually, as it always does, but all the people goin apeshit over 2 losses just seemed hella weird, is the point

Yes it is inevitable that Spain will drop from the top spot eventually.  This could be the turning point or it could be a blip.  Only time will tell.  Personally I think the Spanish dominance will continue for another 2 or 3 years.  Some of the players they have are coming to an end of their careers... do they have players to replace them?  Xavi is pretty difficult to replace, he's just that good.  Iniesta has a long time left and would be another extremely difficult to replace with the same quality.  Casillas and Villa are also coming to an end.  These are truly world class players, the worlds best in there positions probably and 3 of the 4 may last one more major international competition.  Lucky if you get 2 more.

@bak I was speaking about the leagues...not the national teams
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<