Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostLmkt, on 10 April 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Wow, seriously? I have no idea why you're being so offensive, honestly. I "ridicule" (I think that's quite a big word to use considering the overall tone of this forum) people only when they post blatantly stupid shit, just like you do here, even more often than me. Is it really wrong to ask for more quality content and more trimming down shitty posts? I don't think so. And I don't understand your tone at all, really. I don't think my "demands" (and it's not like I requested anything, I just posted a question) aren't out of the ordinary. And my thread was just to mock European's typography, seriously it wasn't such a big deal, and I'm European myself... Not like I was being majorly offensive or anything.
In the very same post I quoted you're (I quote) "insulting/shitting" on people in a similar way I do it...who said I "didn't like it"? I like it in here but I think it'd be better without shitty posts, is it that hard to comprehend? I post quite often and regularly here, sometimes to complain about the shit you say ("X is the absolute best central defender in the world, no question asked!" such discussion is so pointless), sometimes to talk football, yet you seem to remember only the former.I'm not confident at all but I believe in us. :) With Messi missing possibly half (or more) of the game, and Barça's defense being dodgy, we definitely stand a little chance. But I wonder how our midfield's gonna shape up, Matuidi's suspended, Thiago Motta has been injured all season, Beckham is old (but will probably start because he's been awesome in the first half of the first game), Verratti is young and prone to yellow cards... Kind of too bad to have all these uncertainties when we rely on our #6's so much in the 4-2-2-2 we play.
We'll probably play on the break, as we've done every since our tactical change (we used to play with 3 central midfielders but it didn't work too well), which means that if Thiago Silva and whoever accompanies him in central defense (Sakho or Alex, honestly I have no idea even though Ancelotti regularly favours Alex when both are available) doesn't pull a GREAT game, there's constant danger from Barcelona's attackers. If T Silva hadn't been here in the first leg I'm pretty sure we'd have lost big time

cool

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#8602 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#8603 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostLmkt, on 10 April 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

I'm sad that we don't go through but I'm proud of our efforts in both games. We haven't lost against Barcelona over 2 games and that alone is quite a big achievement considering how recently we got bought out by QSI. I'm very satisfied with our display, but conceding 2 goals at home is just too big a disadvantage.

Also Xavi has a 100% pass completion over 90+ passes, just crazy.
Posted Image

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#8604 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostLmkt, on 10 April 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Wow, seriously? I have no idea why you're being so offensive, honestly. I "ridicule" (I think that's quite a big word to use considering the overall tone of this forum) people only when they post blatantly stupid shit, just like you do here, even more often than me. Is it really wrong to ask for more quality content and more trimming down shitty posts? I don't think so. And I don't understand your tone at all, really. I don't think my "demands" (and it's not like I requested anything, I just posted a question) aren't out of the ordinary. And my thread was just to mock European's typography, seriously it wasn't such a big deal, and I'm European myself... Not like I was being majorly offensive or anything.
In the very same post I quoted you're (I quote) "insulting/shitting" on people in a similar way I do it...who said I "didn't like it"? I like it in here but I think it'd be better without shitty posts, is it that hard to comprehend? I post quite often and regularly here, sometimes to complain about the shit you say ("X is the absolute best central defender in the world, no question asked!" such discussion is so pointless), sometimes to talk football, yet you seem to remember only the former.I'm not confident at all but I believe in us. :) With Messi missing possibly half (or more) of the game, and Barça's defense being dodgy, we definitely stand a little chance. But I wonder how our midfield's gonna shape up, Matuidi's suspended, Thiago Motta has been injured all season, Beckham is old (but will probably start because he's been awesome in the first half of the first game), Verratti is young and prone to yellow cards... Kind of too bad to have all these uncertainties when we rely on our #6's so much in the 4-2-2-2 we play.
We'll probably play on the break, as we've done every since our tactical change (we used to play with 3 central midfielders but it didn't work too well), which means that if Thiago Silva and whoever accompanies him in central defense (Sakho or Alex, honestly I have no idea even though Ancelotti regularly favours Alex when both are available) doesn't pull a GREAT game, there's constant danger from Barcelona's attackers. If T Silva hadn't been here in the first leg I'm pretty sure we'd have lost big time
Posted Image

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#8605 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

o

View PostBreadstick, on 10 April 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

anyone have any thoughts on this? i never know whether soccer rumors like these are legit or not

Posted Image

if it's true, united might as well just play like this

Posted Image

jesus fuck

I would think United would only pay that kind money for somebody like Neymar.

I dunno just seems like a lot of money to spend on one player not named Ronaldo
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#8606 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Don't think United would pay that amount of money for any1. Maybe Chicharito+$ or something like that...
Posted Image

#8607 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostBreadstick, on 10 April 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

psg was really impressive defensively, barca started off the second half playing really sloppy and then the entire pace of their attack changed when messi was subbed on

i was really impressed by iniesta's control of the ball today

nice move from him inside the box:

Spoiler

Iniesta is one of my favourite players.  He's awesome... I don't think he has a weakness in his game apart from being a bit of a short arse.  He's also a really nice humble person and he will most likely be a one club man... a player that just cannot be bought.  He turns up in the big games too.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#8608 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostBaklivaX, on 11 April 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

Don't think United would pay that amount of money for any1. Maybe Chicharito+$ or something like that...

We have paid big money before for special players... but not that big.  Rooney was 30m so was Ferdinand and Berbatov was about that money?  You never know in football...but I would doubt it.  I think the top spenders will outbid us like PSG/Man City/RM.  I would think he would rather still play in Spain too... so that really leaves RM as favourites and Barca second.

Edit: if this does go through I wonder if this has implications for Rooney?  Will he be dropped into a midfield role to give us that great passing and energy we lack or will he be off to PSG?  Scholes was originally a striker, but he dropped off into midfield a lot earlier in his career.

Edited by ardnut, 11 April 2013 - 07:40 AM.

Posted Image

#8609 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 10 April 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

cool

WOW... this must the first time ever I've not seen an essay of text from you, when someone has argued with you.  France should join the debate team... he must awesome at it.
Posted Image

#8610 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

View Postardnut, on 11 April 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

I think the top spenders will outbid us like PSG/Man City/RM
Well I think that in theory, Man U will be able to buy Falco only if PSG makes a serious bid... for Rooney. Frees up a striker slot in the Manchester squad + brings €30M+. I don't think it would made sense for Paris to buy Falco themselves, we already have Ibrahimovic as our never-changing #9. Rooney can bring much more flexibility and usefulness.
ツ シ

#8611 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

I just can't see Rooney leaving ...Maybe i just don't want to
Posted Image

#8612 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

yeah he seems like the type of player that fits JUST right for Man U, but the Man City episode from a couple years ago shows that he's maybe not as attached to United as we think... And PSG can probably offer him monstrous wages
ツ シ

#8613 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

I don't see Rooney leaving either.

Do you not think Falcao and Ibra can play together?  Usually great players find a way of fitting in together.  No one thought Rooney and Tevez could play together but they had a great partnership.  I haven't seen a lot of either player, mostly highlights, but they both look like outstanding players.  The Spanish team sometimes looks like it has a lot of similar players...but it just works.
Posted Image

#8614 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostLmkt, on 11 April 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

yeah he seems like the type of player that fits JUST right for Man U, but the Man City episode from a couple years ago shows that he's maybe not as attached to United as we think... And PSG can probably offer him monstrous wages

That is the problem... no one can offer the wages that PSG and City can offer.  I suppose it will all depend on if he fancies a change or not.  He has everything easy where he is...does he fancy a different and maybe a more difficult challenge
Posted Image

#8615 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

View Postardnut, on 11 April 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

I don't see Rooney leaving either.

Do you not think Falcao and Ibra can play together?  Usually great players find a way of fitting in together.  No one thought Rooney and Tevez could play together but they had a great partnership.  I haven't seen a lot of either player, mostly highlights, but they both look like outstanding players.  The Spanish team sometimes looks like it has a lot of similar players...but it just works.
It's hard for me to say if Falcao and Ibra can play together as I'm not enough of a fine tactician. As it is right now we play a 442 (or 4222 since our wingers are actually playmakers), with Ibra upfront together with Lavezzi. Generally you have Ibra acting as our spearhead/target man (just look at the fucking first touches he can pull, or his headers when he's facing opposite of the goal) and Lavezzi fucking runs around everywhere being crazy (and, generally, effective). The only way I can see them together right now is by fielding Ibra as #10 (or 9.5) and Falcao as #9, but what are we gonna do with Pastore and Lucas then? They cost us €82M... They HAVE to play.
But of course I'd love it if we signed Falcao or Cavani, Ancelotti (or Mourinho? :D) will surely now what to do with them. #richteamsproblems
ツ シ

#8616 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

LOL sounds like an embarrassment of riches.  It's funny how players seem to want to play for PSG rather than Man City.  They are both in the same situation financially, but players seem to want to go to PSG.  Why is that?
Posted Image

#8617 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Probably because of: the novelty factor; Paris being a wonderful city whereas Manchester is gloomy and shitty; the club 'backers' are more in the open than Mansour (Leonardo and Nasser el Khelaifi are at every game and regularly give interview about their intentions); because Manchester City has done literally nothing in the Champions League even though the team got bought out several years ago (whereas it took us <20 months to reach the quarter finals and play 2 very decent games against Barcelona).
Also, maybe a more cynical reason but maybe because our league is easier to win, but I'm not sure that's a good thing (I suppose high caliber players want big challenges).
ツ シ

#8618 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I think City haven't got that big name manager that players want to play for.  Mancini is a bit of a tool IMO.  Ancelloti is awesome.  I think they need someone like Acelloti/Mourinho/Guardiola to entice the players they are after.  They can easily outbid Utd, yet RVP came to Utd and if they fail to land Falcao this summer they are going to struggle again.  Last years signings have all been a big disappointment except for Nastasic who seems to have a lot of potential.
Posted Image

#8619 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

There's really only a small handful of clubs that can even afford Rooney's wages so if he actually did want to leave the list would be pretty short
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#8620 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

while we are at it:

would love to see the franchise system in european football, like the shit they have in the us with the nba.
i actually don't give a shit about the whole traditionbullcrap i want my team to win shit and not have a massiv long tradition in playing in the lowest league possible.

any other opinions?
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<