#3942 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

Nilmar moves from Villareal to Al Rayyan (Qatar)

and Luuk de Jong moves from Twente to Moenchengladbach

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#3943 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

Pretty sick goal
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#3944 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

Henry fkin boss
Posted Image

#3945 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostSlashgiggle, on 19 July 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

Lol how could you not be sold on him look how much he runs and how hard he works, almost nobody on your team currently does that and he does it every game. Also neither of those articles really get into it but he has one of the best aerial games in the entire league.

LOL have u ever watched a Liverpool game... I don't like Liverpool, but you can't say Dempsey works harder than Kuyt or Gerrard.  Suarez (the cheating bastard) also works hard.

Joke for Yibby :)
Clint Dempsey wants to join Liverpool FC to "play at the top level". No news from the club on how they plan to transport him back to the 1980s.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#3946 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostMatisse, on 19 July 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

Wow I bet it's what Thierry Henry always dreamed of... Scoring in a league that doesn't matter in front of a half full stadium.  Going from the Nou Camp to that must be soul destroying.  He should of gone back to Arsenal... he's too good for the MLS, as was Beckham when he first went there.
Posted Image

#3947 berserker

berserker
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

ardnutt you never fail to enlighten me
Posted Image

#3948 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

mls will never matter if everyone has an attitude like that

sure it sucks now but at least dudes like henry and beckham give it some sort of relevance

Spoiler

Posted Image

#3949 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

I don't mean to offend you guys...but it's the equivelant of the top Basketball league in England vs the NBA... there is just no comparison.  Football is the 4th most popular sport in America and it's a long way from 3rd.  Can you imagine Kobi playing Basketball in England?
Posted Image

#3950 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

who the fuck is kobi and why do i think he is big in the child enslaving business?
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#3951 Abdullahz

Abdullahz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 19 July 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

who the fuck is kobi and why do i think he is big in the child enslaving business?

Spoiler

Just thought I'd clear this up.

Noreally said:

Fucking retards LOOK AT ME I GO TOT HE THEGYM HMMM GOTTA ASK A BUNCH OF HERDS WHATS THE BEST FOOD TO TAKE AT THE MORNING I BET THEY WONT ANSWER SOMETHING LIKE QUADRUPLE FRIED BACON WITH QUADRUPLE FRIED MCDONALDS/LEFTOVER PIZZA HEHEHeheeee GOTTA HIDE FROM WOMAN THAT WATCH AT ME WHEN I DO MY REPETITSIONZ XDDD ELSE WHEN I LOSE 50 KG AND GET A SIX PACK THEY WONT WANT TO HOP ON MY PENIS

#3952 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

sorry meant Kobe
Posted Image

#3953 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

View Postardnut, on 19 July 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

LOL have u ever watched a Liverpool game... I don't like Liverpool, but you can't say Dempsey works harder than Kuyt or Gerrard.  Suarez (the cheating bastard) also works hard.

Joke for Yibby :)
Clint Dempsey wants to join Liverpool FC to "play at the top level". No news from the club on how they plan to transport him back to the 1980s.

I said ALMOST nobody lol

And Kuyt is gone so that leaves Suarez the unpredictable and Gerrard. I'm telling you, the only teams in the entire league that could legitimately say they wouldn't be able to use Dempsey are City/United

#3954 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Also, according to Fox soccer rumors section(obviously the most reliable source you can get) United is winning the RVP race.

I'll seriously kill myself if that happens

#3955 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

That would be like ZOMG PEWPEW, but yeah same like reading last year's rumors about Sneijder moving to United...After that i cba monitoring rumors but hope dies last.
Posted Image

#3956 berserker

berserker
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

i couldn't give two shits about RVP. United don't need him. Welbeck is 21 and is rapidly developing into a very versatile striker (much like RVP and Rooney).

The problem last season was a lack of penetration from midfield caused by injuries to Fletcher, Anderson, and Cleverly. Now the team also got Kagawa so hopefully Ferguson will at least try a few games with 3-4 midfielders and Valencia (best touch-line winger in the world?) stretching the play on the right.  He'll be tempted to play Welbeck, so its hard to say how often he will pack the midfield (but if he does, expect it in the opening games).

There is so much attacking talent in the team (especially from the wings) that all they need is a few tweaks in shape and approach. Still the deepest squad in England by quite a margin.
Posted Image

#3957 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

View Postardnut, on 19 July 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Wow I bet it's what Thierry Henry always dreamed of... Scoring in a league that doesn't matter in front of a half full stadium.  Going from the Nou Camp to that must be soul destroying.  He should of gone back to Arsenal... he's too good for the MLS, as was Beckham when he first went there.

The stadium is actually pretty full considering it was a weekday afternoon game with temperatures over 100F. The Red Bulls average ~20k people per game for attendance, which is comparable to the low end of the EPL and mid-table for Serie A. Not bad for such an "unpopular sport" in the US, right?

MLS has been around for 19 years (though they've only been playing for 16); most big European leagues have been around for much, much longer. But MLS's style of play has improved dramatically over the past decade. No, it still doesn't boast a cohesive buildup comparable to La Liga or other top European Leagues. No, the US isn't producing a whole lot of international stars. But as a whole, the American game is becoming much stronger. The finishing is bold and creative, which is extremely fun to watch. True, the defending is can be a bit weak, but that's not too uncommon for any developing league.

And from a business perspective, the MLS format will be very lucrative. (And, in the simplest terms, more money to spend equals better talent throughout the league.) Check out the 50 richest sports teams in the world: you have 8 clubs -- Manchester United, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, AC Milan, Chelsea, and Juventus -- representing all of soccer, and all 32 NFL franchises. NFL franchises are incredibly safe, and incredibly profitable, business investments. NFL teams don't go broke, they don't go bankrupt, they don't dissolve, even if they don't do well on the field (which is more than can be said for trophy-winners such as Leeds, Portsmouth, or Rangers). Furthermore, soccer has a global fanbase and the NFL has virtually no fanbase outside of the US. If one business model has less risk and greater return from a smaller fanbase, it's far and away the better business model. Now, if you're starting a new league in the US, and you want to pick the best business model, which are you going to emulate? The NFL, no question about it. And so far, MLS seems to be doing that. If MLS continues in this fashion, then they're going to do very well, both in terms of financial gain as well as quality of play.

MLS is only being held back by US interest in soccer, which is absolutely exploding.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#3958 Kawklee

Kawklee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Idk didn't some major NBA stars play in Spain and China after the lockout

#3959 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

The main thing I took away from that article is USA USA USA USA

#3960 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostSlashgiggle, on 19 July 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

The Dempsey rant had nothing to do with him, I'm just cranky.

I'm just letting you know, in general.  France is my boy but he's a cocky asshole.  (:

View PostMatisse, on 19 July 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

Saw it on Twitter, was incredible.  :o

View Postardnut, on 19 July 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Breadstick said mostly what I wanted to.  And I agree.  Matisse puts it even better.

View PostMatisse, on 19 July 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

The stadium is actually pretty full considering it was a weekday afternoon game with temperatures over 100F. The Red Bulls average ~20k people per game for attendance, which is comparable to the low end of the EPL and mid-table for Serie A. Not bad for such an "unpopular sport" in the US, right?

MLS has been around for 19 years (though they've only been playing for 16); most big European leagues have been around for much, much longer. But MLS's style of play has improved dramatically over the past decade. No, it still doesn't boast a cohesive buildup comparable to La Liga or other top European Leagues. No, the US isn't producing a whole lot of international stars. But as a whole, the American game is becoming much stronger. The finishing is bold and creative, which is extremely fun to watch. True, the defending is can be a bit weak, but that's not too uncommon for any developing league.

And from a business perspective, the MLS format will be very lucrative. (And, in the simplest terms, more money to spend equals better talent throughout the league.) Check out the 50 richest sports teams in the world: you have 8 clubs -- Manchester United, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, AC Milan, Chelsea, and Juventus -- representing all of soccer, and all 32 NFL franchises. NFL franchises are incredibly safe, and incredibly profitable, business investments. NFL teams don't go broke, they don't go bankrupt, they don't dissolve, even if they don't do well on the field (which is more than can be said for trophy-winners such as Leeds, Portsmouth, or Rangers). Furthermore, soccer has a global fanbase and the NFL has virtually no fanbase outside of the US. If one business model has less risk and greater return from a smaller fanbase, it's far and away the better business model. Now, if you're starting a new league in the US, and you want to pick the best business model, which are you going to emulate? The NFL, no question about it. And so far, MLS seems to be doing that. If MLS continues in this fashion, then they're going to do very well, both in terms of financial gain as well as quality of play.

MLS is only being held back by US interest in soccer, which is absolutely exploding.

Fantastic.  And for what it's worth the English football system has well been around since 1888.  MLS for 18 years (19 this December).  

124 years of history vs. 18 years of history.

Yeah, there's gonna be a difference.  I mean hey, England has been rockin' around since the year 927, which totals 1,085 years and the U.S. since 1776.  I mean we've been here doin' our thing for only 236 years (21.75% of your length of existence) and look at us now.  We're worldwide leaders man.  Just give the MLS some time.  It's only been around 14.5% of the English Football System's length of existence.  ;)

**England became a unified state in AD 927

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<