Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:17. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Pallies can be dispelled?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GrassHopper

GrassHopper
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darrowmere
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

I just read in another forum about some guy saying that pallies are so easy for him cause when they bubble he just dispells it and keeps them from casting heals and kills them.

Is this some kind of sick joke? What kind of Herbs has Blizzard been smoking? Can everything a pally does be dispelled now? BoF too? That means that the bubbles are even more useless than priest shields because they have a 5 minute cooldown instead of 30 seconds, which means 1 per arena fight. But I guess that means you only have to worry if your fighting a priest, shaman, or warlock.... OH wait, thats like every team now.

FYI. a while back I finally got my girlfriend to play WOW and then I asked her to marry me. So my fiancee wanted to level up together so I rerolled a warrior and she went pally; I figured this would be a decent 2v2 arena combo once she learns how to play.

So now that Blizz decided to change a skill completely. One that has been untouched since the birth of WOW, it seems that my 2v2 team is worthless now.

Is this team savagable, or are we now gauranteed losses when playing locks, shammys, priests, and prolly mages too?

Should she respec from healadin to a retribution build and just go with 2 dps?

Did this kill anyone elses team?
One day I will snatch the pebble from your hand.

#2 untitled2jc

untitled2jc
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Warsong
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

bubble can only be mass dispelled. IE by a priest, a holy one at that because if you cant dodge an unimproved mass dispel you're not very good. Sometimes a bubble will get purged or dispelled by warlocks/priests without mass dispel but that requires alot of luck and split second precision. I'd say noone could do it more then twice in their WoW career. All paladin blessings can be purged, its always been like that.
Looking for DK and Ench Shaman for 5v5 (pally priest FOK rogue shaman dk)

Also Armory - Untz (Hunter Warsong), Kuzbang (Rogue) , Kuzlol (Upcoming Druid) Untz (Warlock),
Teams I Need:
Hunter: All set
Rogue: 2v2 3v3 5v5
Druid: 2v2 3v3, 5v5
Paladin: 2v2, 3v3 , 5v5
Message me in game or on any messenger if interested.
Xfire: untitled2jc Aim: untitled2jc

#3 Murz

Murz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

Sometimes a bubble will get purged or dispelled by warlocks/priests without mass dispel but that requires alot of luck and split second precision.

You meant BoP right? Divine Shield can ONLY be dispeled by Mass Dispel.

#4 Teirisias

Teirisias
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

No he means dispelled/purged, not mass dispelled. It happens occassionally. I've cloak of shadows'd myself out of sheep and fear before, which it's not supposed to be able to do. It just happens because of lag, it's not intended. I've even seen bubble spellstolen before a few times.

#5 Murz

Murz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

No he means dispelled/purged, not mass dispelled. It happens occassionally. I've cloak of shadows'd myself out of sheep and fear before, which it's not supposed to be able to do. It just happens because of lag, it's not intended. I've even seen bubble spellstolen before a few times.

Wow never seen that happen before. Guess you learn somthing new every day! =P

#6 Supa

Supa
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

yeah, i purged an iceblock before too, i didn't know i did until after the duel lol.

#7 Eve

Eve
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:38 PM

Can everything a pally does be dispelled now?

Hate to break it to you, but everything (with the exception of Divine Shield/Divine Protection) has been dispellable for a loooooooong time. It was with TBC that priests gained the ability to dispel bubble with an expensive Mass Dispel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users