Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

[Rogue] Finding other rogues

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Reeper

Reeper
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-The Venture Co
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

I am having a problem on my rogue finding other rogues. I know humans have an advantage over other races but I can't seem to find UD/Nelfs/Other Belfs. I have the agi+stealth to cloak as well as 2/2 in heighted senses.

From what I have read a moving rogue is harder to spot than an idle rogue. So I pop sprint when I am trying to find another rogue yet it always fails. Any suggestions? Also I heard lag has something to do with it. I usually play with 98-125ms latency

#2 Solanine

Solanine
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

You do spin while moving, right? Stealth detection works with your toon's field of vision.
I'm #1.
YA TRICK
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1 Clous Needs Points Cleave in the world

#3 Reeper

Reeper
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-The Venture Co
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:37 PM

No but I will start.... I assume you mean jump spinning :o

#4 Idarzoid

Idarzoid
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

Yeah, he probably means jump spinning.

Having a sap macro helps if you haven't got one already

/cleartarget
/cast sap
/targetenemyplayer

I don't have much issues finding other rogues and I'm not specced into heightened senses but I play with 70ms on a good time (I'm having issues with it if I play with like 100+ms so I guess latency has something to do with it)

#5 Reeper

Reeper
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-The Venture Co
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for responses!

I was using this macro

#showtooltip Sap
/targetenemy [harm][nodead]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast Sap

but it doesn't seem to work well. I will try the one you posted. seems like it will work better

thanks again for the help

#6 Djees

Djees
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

Finding another rogue is one hell of tough job for a newbie, you need to have very good experience playing hide and seek from your childhood. All those Gladiator rogues will always use sneaky tricks and every simple advantage, JUST so they can get the sap on you, and open with a cheap shot and feel they are on king of the world.

#7 Merciless

Merciless
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 960

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:17 PM

Can't remember who said it to me but; "Try there where you would be"
Outland EU

#8 Solanine

Solanine
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:12 PM

No but I will start.... I assume you mean jump spinning :o

You don't actually have to jump, but yes, that's more or less what I meant.
I'm #1.
YA TRICK
Posted Image
Spoiler

#9 Penectomy

Penectomy
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:26 AM

you're a fucking idiot if you sprint before you open.

#10 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1524
  • 3v3: 1834
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

I hope this is a joke :rolleyes:

Anyway, finding other Rogues in stealth is a bit tricky when you're first getting started because it's something that other classes don't do in the same manner. A lot of finding a Rogue is based on analyzing the situation and reacting based on that. I have two examples from a couple games I played recently:

1) One of my teammates got sapped while the rest of his team was very far away. Based on how my teammates where positioned, I guessed the path that he was taking to the target he was opening on and sapped him before he had the chance to open.

2) A super-excited Rogue ran mounted out of the gates and jumped into stealth in a direct path toward my teammates. I figured he was going to just go for a fast Sap, so I angled myself perpendicular to the path he should be taking and easily found him as he was bolting in my team's direction.

As you can see it's all about prediction and putting yourself in a position where you will be able to find them. Keep in mind that you only see things in front of you in Stealth, which is why it's important to not only face one direction when searching for other Rogues. Try to make a path that can cover a wide area while not leaving yourself open to being Sapped from behind (putting your back to a wall/pillar if the situation permits).

After you have some more experience you begin to start having "feelings" about where other targets are in Stealth. I sap Boomkins and Ferals all of the time because I just "feel" where they are based on where everyone else is positioned. If you keep practicing you'll probably get to this point as well!

Hopefully this gives you a little bit of help, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask :)
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#11 Literacola

Literacola
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 1943

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

you're a fucking idiot

looking for other rogues is for noobs. if you happen to find one by chance on the way to sap one of their teammates, grats. if you're waiting by your team and allowing them to get sapped w/o getting a sap off yourself, you're a gigantic class envying slave.

#12 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:40 AM

you're a fucking idiot

looking for other rogues is for noobs. if you happen to find one by chance on the way to sap one of their teammates, grats. if you're waiting by your team and allowing them to get sapped w/o getting a sap off yourself, you're a gigantic class envying slave.

This is something I should have noted as well. Don't spend the whole game looking for the other Rogue without getting a Sap off. If you know that you're extremely confident you know where they are you can consider taking a risk, but try not to jeopardize the opportunity of getting a Sap on their team as well. Oftentimes I'll Sap their team and come back to Sap their Rogue if it's extremely obvious where they're going to be.
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#13 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:42 AM

I get a chubby everytime I pounce a stealthed rogue. It happens alot in bg's with shitties, but when you get pounced by a druid at 2k mmr or so as a rogue, sadface.

I don't even fotm

#14 Solanine

Solanine
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:44 AM

I get a chubby everytime I pounce a stealthed rogue. It happens alot in bg's with shitties, but when you get pounced by a druid at 2k mmr or so as a rogue, sadface.

Honestly didn't think it was possible for a druid to score an opener on a stealthed rogue.
I'm #1.
YA TRICK
Posted Image
Spoiler

#15 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

Honestly didn't think it was possible for a druid to score an opener on a stealthed rogue.

I've been found in stealth by a feral druid once.

Once.
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

#16 Solanine

Solanine
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:50 AM

I've been found in stealth by a feral druid once.

Once.

You're dead to me.

Dead.
I'm #1.
YA TRICK
Posted Image
Spoiler

#17 Shadyboss

Shadyboss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationKorea

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

mad nerds here
med 10O%))

#18 Eustach

Eustach
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

Watch the MLG videos with rogue vs. rogue teams (Loaded vs. Dignitas is a good example); it's helpful because you see both rogues searching each other, and one can assume that those are experienced rogues.

You should also use at least two sap macros - the one you posted and the one someone else posted. The one with cleartarget is useful for spamming and finding rogues, because the standard macro will lock on to the first target in aquiring range.

But yeah, what Litreocola said.
Posted Image

#19 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

I use a pounce macro similar to sap macro. And I always seem to accidentally walk into their partner and pounce him instead. :(

I don't even fotm

#20 Richie311

Richie311

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:28 AM

I use a pounce macro similar to sap macro. And I always seem to accidentally walk into their partner and pounce him instead. :(

This may be helpful for you, as I love to use this macro in arenas. for 2s and 3s rather than have the clear target macro, i just have the standard Sap spell on my stealth bar plus 2 of the 3 other macros below.

#showtooltip Sap
/cast [@arena1] sap; sap

#showtooltip Sap
/cast [@arena2] sap; sap

#showtooltip Sap
/cast [@arena3] sap; sap

Obv the arena3 is not gonna work in 2s, but rather than spam the cleartarget one i just spam which ever one is needed to sap the rogue as according to where the rogue shows up on Gladius. Arena1 for the first spot and so on.

Prevents you from accidentally sapping their partner when you're trying to find teh rogue on top of him.
RICHMAN311 (1:34:09 AM): wat u doing
timbrice89 (1:34:21 AM): fucking this sheep
RICHMAN311 (1:34:36 AM): well thats my new sig for AJ forums
timbrice89 (1:34:48 AM): good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users