#61 Blad3n

Blad3n
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

Im not trying to start a war of frost vs arc/fire lovers. Im just saying that arc/fire, just like rambo, outgun the shit out of other dps classes because they do a very high ammount of on the move magic damage with barely any CD and that unlike frost they get most of their proc from spells that are instant. The only other class that can compare to them is probably MM hunter.

@erase, Frost damage/burst (on live) will never be close or as easy to do as arc/fire, no one would play those 2 spec if that was the case. Btw, before saying that holy pal takes no skill maybe you should try playing one vs wizard cleave.

I'm saying the skill cap is low, every top paladin I've talked to agrees with me.

#62 nobodyseven

nobodyseven
  • Junkies

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

Im not trying to start a war of frost vs arc/fire lovers. Im just saying that arc/fire, just like rambo, outgun the shit out of other dps classes because they do a very high ammount of on the move magic damage with barely any CD and that unlike frost they get most of their proc from spells that are instant. The only other class that can compare to them is probably MM hunter.

@erase, Frost damage/burst (on live) will never be close or as easy to do as arc/fire, no one would play those 2 spec if that was the case. Btw, before saying that holy pal takes no skill maybe you should try playing one vs wizard cleave.

you lost me at trying to start a war
Posted Image

#63 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:40 AM

Fire on PTR seems insane right now and I didn't even have fire glyphs. And @ 85 fire can get both shatter and improved CoC.
I haven't dueled anyone though or done arena, just some WSG. But I did like double the next highest dude's damage and I didn't even know WTF was going on half the time with the default UI 'cause I couldn't even move player/target down where I normally have them.

Using -
http://wowtal.com/#k=S3GqRb3.a0o.mage

#64 Sure

Sure
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

Fire will seem really strong when 4.0 goes live because of current gear lvls. When you hit 85, and your crit rating goes from 50% to 9%, and everyone has 100k hp, spamming scorch for 6k crits will seem kind of lame. Not to mention the lack of mage armor/the increased cost for switching armors.

I'm really liking improved freeze atm. Being able to get a FoF proc on command really allows you to control multiple players much easier than fishing for procs.

Also, icelance is critting for 15k atm, so yeah...

#65 Witness

Witness
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Gorgonnash
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:53 PM

Fire will seem really strong when 4.0 goes live because of current gear lvls. When you hit 85, and your crit rating goes from 50% to 9%, and everyone has 100k hp, spamming scorch for 6k crits will seem kind of lame. Not to mention the lack of mage armor/the increased cost for switching armors.

I'm really liking improved freeze atm. Being able to get a FoF proc on command really allows you to control multiple players much easier than fishing for procs.

Also, icelance is critting for 15k atm, so yeah...

I think improved freeze is really superfluous as I have an insane uptime on fingers on beta.

when a person doesn't enter arena until the gates open ( like it ends up in 2v3 ), the arena match isn't counted and is automatically a draw when the gates open ( without the annoying -16 for both teams ), thus no one gains or loses pts/MMR.

I would've loved this back in s5/s6 when my microwave would interfere with my router if someone started using it so I had a rule that nobody was allowed to use the microwave while I did arena.

#66 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:05 AM

I think improved freeze is really superfluous as I have an insane uptime on fingers on beta.

It gets pretty powerful when you can get two FoF chargse, then unload four FoF charges in a row.

#67 Reesezpiecez

Reesezpiecez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:40 AM

I was hoping you could just use a pet nova on nothing and it would proc fingers so if im chasing a druid around pillars but my pets too far out of range I could just stun him, or if my pet nova just cant reach around the pillars

#68 jojobombiest

jojobombiest
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2072
  • 3v3: 1838
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1704

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:41 AM

I was hoping you could just use a pet nova on nothing and it would proc fingers so if im chasing a druid around pillars but my pets too far out of range I could just stun him, or if my pet nova just cant reach around the pillars

just nova his teammate

#69 Xidrr

Xidrr
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emerald Dream
  • Blackout
  • RBG: 2080

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:53 PM

arcane seems most out of control damage wise atm, if you have imp mana gem / incanter's absorbtion / invoction proc + arcane power (not that hard to get really) u can kill every class in imp poly stun.

arcane blast crits for 20k for me at first stack with that setup :P

#70 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

I think imp mana gem design sucks dick, I think a more appropriate change would have been to grant a % mana when you use it, the sustained damage would still be up there, it makes more sense, instead of raising the ceiling on maxed out burst. With the way blizzard has killed anything that was completely overpowered for mages, I'd rather stick with the balanced alternative.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#71 Sure

Sure
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:24 AM

Pretty awesome change to CoF imo:

•Curtain of Frost is now named Ring of Frost and has been revamped - Summons a Ring of Frost, taking 3 sec to coalesce. Enemies entering the fully-formed ring will become frozen for 10 sec. Lasts 12 sec. 10 yd radius. 7% of base mana, 30 yd range, Channeled, 3 min cooldown

Also, imp blink + glyph of blink + goblin rocket jump = 20 second flag cap in WSG, lol. Rated BGs go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<