Xerophine
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Hello all,

I know that Holy Pala / Destro Lock is something that many people would consider a joke Set Up, but nevertheless, we have some progress.
With Affliction Lock the matches do really tend to be 15min + and that could be really exhausting, especially when you want to gain more rating.

The most of the troubles we have experienced are with Rogue/Disc and War/Druid. It get really tough with any team going Afflic + healer.

All I can say, that I would like to ask for some advise (Paladin POV) how to maximise avoidance of Mana-Burn effects, and how to overDPS disc priest teams. The volume of their healing say from 2k to 27k is just insane...

I hope to hear some advises, because I am really keen to learn, and us with lock, we want to progress past 2k.

#2 Savara

Savara
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/0/2/1/.

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

You should really consider going back to affliction on your warlock, Aff/Holy has like...3 counters, anything else you should be almost undestroyable. As Destro you are gonna get countered by any Paladin or Priest teams due to dispells. As affliction a lucky UA silence tick can make a difference by creating an oportunity you otherwise wouldn't have. Destro is only better vs few comps but Affliction works as fine.

As for the mana burns, you can call the Spell Locks on the first burn, then Priest can get feared so you're not really losing mana. Also use Plea's when either behind line of sight or when Warlock gets tripple fears on the Priest.

Warr Druid is nearly impossible to beat no matter what specc the warlock is, unless if all planets allign/they're just bad.

#3 Tentacles

Tentacles
  • Members

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:39 AM

What Shiny said.

Other than that play near pillars, if rogues or warriors are sitting on you just freedom and pillar hump. Burns are really easy to avoid and if you just so happen to be out during one, that is what youre partner is for. Call out for a spell lock or a fear. Warr/druid sucks for lock/pally no matter what.

No matter what though -- stay aff. games may be longer but destro/pally isnt near as strong, quite frankly. Unfortunately, unless you can set up kills quickly, 2's games are going to be long regardless.

glhf
Posted Image

#4 Rizzo

Rizzo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:53 AM

i Play destro pally at like 2050 rating and sure it has its downsides but going affliction never appealed to me because of the lengthy playstyle. I like killing stuff with fire.

but against teams like priest rogue where the rogue will probably train the crap out of the lock not letting you get any damage out. We have always gone for the rogue in this setup since you cant really reliably cc the rogue with fear.

Now pally/warrior is one of the hardest teams we have to face. On the one hand you have an unfearable warrior with a spam dispeller, so good luck CC'ing him. You pretty much just have to lure the pally away from his pillar by dragging the warrior somewhere then just shadowfurying and fearing the pally and setting up burst on him with maybe a hoj on the warrior. You can get a pallies bubble pretty easily so after the bubble just keep up the same plan.
*NOTE*: For pally/warrior keep your pet on Auto-Devour on the pally and your pet will just keep the pally clean and if hes not careful maybe snag some Pleas. Because the only thing you will have to devour off yourself is hoj and when the time comes you can, but just keep those dispells rolling on pally.

#5 king_k28

king_k28
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

*NOTE*: For pally/warrior keep your pet on Auto-Devour on the pally and your pet will just keep the pally clean and if hes not careful maybe snag some Pleas. Because the only thing you will have to devour off yourself is hoj and when the time comes you can, but just keep those dispells rolling on pally.

plz never speak again
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Rizzo

Rizzo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

plz never speak again

I do not see anydown side to this. and if need be there is always a button to bring your pet back to you. What else is your pet useful for here? Because theres nothing better than your pet on your side eating bladestorms with you...

#7 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

plz never speak again

His advice was actually correct...

Ok this is the last time I waste my time with someone too stupid to recognize cleave takes ALOT more skill than warlocks.

You just deny to see warrior cleaves involve a lot of strategies and you can't adapt to it. Cleaving is closer than any caster healer melee comp to Esport, because you kill people with damage, not CC and that actually takes effort.
Don't tell me you're not getting carried by FOTM. Your team has a resto shaman and a warrior, you don't deserve to talk about other comps. Getting a double warrior 3v3 team to high ranks is a bigger achievement, hands down.

GET GRAZZD

#8 king_k28

king_k28
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:29 AM

His advice was actually correct...

you would have to be retarded to leave ANY warlock ability on autocast any idiot above 1500 will abuse the fact that he no longer has to even attempt to time his pleas and just toss up a junk blessing. Sure you can toggle autocast on a off but its much more effective just using it when needed. Just get a gamer mouse and bind your pet abilities to that so you never have to worry about wasting time during keystrokes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 king_k28

king_k28
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

I do not see anydown side to this. and if need be there is always a button to bring your pet back to you. What else is your pet useful for here? Because theres nothing better than your pet on your side eating bladestorms with you...

you can actually micro your pet fairly well with just playing with the attack / stay / follow and getting him in a good spot
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Rizzo

Rizzo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

you would have to be retarded to leave ANY warlock ability on autocast any idiot above 1500 will abuse the fact that he no longer has to even attempt to time his pleas and just toss up a junk blessing. Sure you can toggle autocast on a off but its much more effective just using it when needed. Just get a gamer mouse and bind your pet abilities to that so you never have to worry about wasting time during keystrokes.

Make him time his pleas...if hes smart enough to throw up a junk buff and then get off a plea, who cares...not like you are actually going to run him oom. This way every 6 seconds he will get purged no matter what he has up. so if he wants to keep beacon or SS on himself...He'll have to be throwin up a lot of junk buffs then :rolleyes:

#11 king_k28

king_k28
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

Make him time his pleas...if hes smart enough to throw up a junk buff and then get off a plea, who cares...not like you are actually going to run him oom. This way every 6 seconds he will get purged no matter what he has up. so if he wants to keep beacon or SS on himself...He'll have to be throwin up a lot of junk buffs then :rolleyes:

Or he will just not spam beacon on himself because he wont need it vs a scrub lock with auto devour on. If you cant manage your pet correctly your not suited for a pet class period
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 king_k28

king_k28
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

I also forgot when u have it on auto the pali can ALWAYS get full pleas off because all he has to do is toss kings/might/w.e take the hit and then plea, When you are not a scrub lock you at least try and stop him from sitting at 100% mana all game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 king_k28

king_k28
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

they really need to ban anyone playing LSD from posting its just sad now
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Rizzo

Rizzo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:52 AM

wow triple post much?

I still havent heard one bad reason for having auto devour on vs pally/warrior

#15 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

they really need to ban anyone playing LSD from posting its just sad now

#1... Toggles it on and off is no different from what I/He said... putting Auto-devour on in between HoJ's is the smart thing to do.

#2... Pots shouldn't call kettles black. Be happy that s4 Glad title gives you your posting privileges.

Ok this is the last time I waste my time with someone too stupid to recognize cleave takes ALOT more skill than warlocks.

You just deny to see warrior cleaves involve a lot of strategies and you can't adapt to it. Cleaving is closer than any caster healer melee comp to Esport, because you kill people with damage, not CC and that actually takes effort.
Don't tell me you're not getting carried by FOTM. Your team has a resto shaman and a warrior, you don't deserve to talk about other comps. Getting a double warrior 3v3 team to high ranks is a bigger achievement, hands down.

GET GRAZZD

#16 viol8r

viol8r
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

its not outrageously dumb to keep it on auto, if you spam devour your self, even with your pet attacking someone else on auto devour, it will devour you first. Its a little more faceroll than manually devouring, but any half decent paladin will be trash debuffing before a HOJ for reduced chance of dispells anyways.

In short; why make it harder on your self just to act more pro? a HOJ is rarely going to be game breaking, but insta dispelling shield etc the whole game against a "low number of buff" healing class like a paladin is devastating as hell.

Even though i personally dispell manually, since i play other dispell classes too it comes naturally, i cant think of any paladin team in 2v2 where autodevour would be OMG TERRIBLE. As advice for a new or less advanced player i think its totally spot on.

#17 viol8r

viol8r
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:10 AM

#2... Pots shouldn't call kettles black. Be happy that s4 Glad title gives you your posting privileges.

S4 was argueably the hardest season to get gladiator, except of course s5.
I dont know if you were playing at the time, but armor ignore was not super fun for clothies. Melee cleaves were equal or greater than todays wiz cleaves.

Ret pal warrior resto shaman slash cry

#18 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:13 AM

S4 was argueably the hardest season to get gladiator, except of course s5.
I dont know if you were playing at the time, but armor ignore was not super fun for clothies. Melee cleaves were equal or greater than todays wiz cleaves.

Ret pal warrior resto shaman slash cry

No, it wasn't, because I got Glad in s4, and Druid/Lock, WLD, RLD, Priest/Lock, etc were some of the best comps in the game.

I don't know where you got that info from.

edit- Maybe for some other classes it was difficult, but for a Warlock it was fucking cake.

P.S. - I clicked my way to Glad s4.

GET GRAZZD

#19 viol8r

viol8r
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:22 AM

Righty. Not trying to be a smartass or anything, but that s4 helm isnt next to your name just FYI.

#20 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

Righty. Not trying to be a smartass or anything, but that s4 helm isnt next to your name just FYI.

It isn't? NO WAY!?

GET GRAZZD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<