#41 Mylez

Mylez
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

His justification for ignoring a key aspect of the game is extremely poor. I am mildly disappointed.

#42 Deltax

Deltax
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

Rihard said:

Spoiler

You could actually expand that list quite a bit.  For example, that post in the WoW forums was talking about (I think) things like map design or how the MMR system works (since GC posts about PvP class balance issues).

PvE (class balance)
Design of quests
Design of 5 mans
Design of raids

UI mods
tradeskills
world events
RP
twinking
lore
PvP (Class balance)
Design of maps
Design of battlegrounds
Design of rating system

While there are lots of players who care about the design of arenas and the like, that group is likely quite small.  Class balance for both PvP and PvE  is likely what most players care about the most.  After that, I don't see there being that many people who care more about how the MMR system is set up than those who care about world events.

#43 Koronisz

Koronisz
  • Koronisz
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

What I'm really fucking tired of is to see them put us on the backburner. As much as I hate pve with passion, us includes hardcore PvErs too.

When new players log on for the first time, or when their so loved "bads/casuals" log on once a week, who do they see?? Us.

11 million players online?, rofl my ass. It's almost an exploit to find 50 players in orgrimmar non prime hours. Can't they fucking realise that we are the one who are the most online therefore makes the "world" more alive ? yeah 10% of the population does arena, cool. We prolly represent 50% of the players that are most of the time online.

When new players start playing the game, who do they "look foward to be like"? the kids with fucking star horses in lvl 34 looking blues that keyboard turns at the auction house or the guys in shining armor?

If something, they should be bending themselves to our demands because we are the one "inspiring" their so loved casuals/new players to achive bigger (see continuing playing the game).

To me, the way I see it, is like if the NBA started changing basketball's rules for the kids who are bad/play once a week at their local parc and the professional players were mad/were threatening to leave. Of course, a sport in essence would still exist without it's "stars", but people would probably play it less/not be inspired by greater players to ameliorate themselves in their personnal hobbies.

PS: I know my post sounds like "omg we are superstars they should suck our dicks", really it wasn't my goal and I couldn't give a damn shit about being "efamous". I'm just talking about my personal expirience/why I keep playing the game. I hope you get the core of my point.

#44 Dracula

Dracula
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

His point of people care as much about achievements and ui mods as much as pvp is disgusting.

I'll agree once I see several big name sponsors and tournaments for thousands of dollars for achievements...

#45 Shaileen

Shaileen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Malfurion
  • Blutdurst

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, I guess the same amount of people generally care about UI, PvE, Lore and PvP. It is just a fact they don't care for the same amount about these things. I like the Lore, I want a good UI, but hell, if the lore is fucking bad (like Druid Trolls, Tauren Pals, etc. blabla) I won't quit the game. If I dislike the UI, I get an addon. But if they fuck up PvP, players will leave.
That's something they fail to understand.
You are one of the least benightedly unintelligent organic lifeforms it has been my profound lack of pleasure not to have been able to avoid meeting.

#46 ObliteratEr

ObliteratEr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

Dracula said:

His point of people care as much about achievements and ui mods as much as pvp is disgusting.

I'll agree once I see several big name sponsors and tournaments for thousands of dollars for achievements...

His point is that Blizzard does value PvP as much as everything else, no matter how much YOU think arena should be first priority. They are still pushing out PvP content and people act as if they don't care.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#47 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

Sindelle said:

Really, I don't see what's wrong with his posts. That and the fact that the topic title doesn't make any sense.

this guy wins the thread and the original poster is dumb.  ghostcrawler is right about the sense of entitlement that pvpers have.

#48 Saraphz

Saraphz
  • Members

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

I don't see what all the fuss is about.  GC is pretty spot on.

#49 Synze

Synze
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

Powerslave said:

people who like to collect meaningless points (in your own words,they're not even interested in the achievements themelves,just HOW MAN YPTS YOU GOT LOL) are dumb hippies

they're objectively retarded and no one should agree with them

as someone mentioned ,these dumb hippies are actually a minority of the players and even if they weren't , GC should be ashamed of agreeing with them

Does he have no soul ?

another quality post from powerslave

thank you captain ad hominim

on topic:

GC is pretty spot on.  PvPers (and competitive PvPers at that) make up a small minority of this game.  most of the people who play do care more about achievements, PvE, lore, etc.  Most likely the majority of players never hit 80; they never experience what the developers arguably put the most effort into, at least post-vanilla.  Most players are probably preteens or parents of preteens who like to play just because it's something to do, and it's pretty.  There's nothing wrong with that.  The game shouldn't be balanced around PvP for the same reason it shouldn't be balanced around PvE, leveling, achievements, etc.  All should be given equal treatment, if what you want at the end of the day is a quality MMO.  

If you want a higher proportion of developer time spent on PvP, don't play an MMO.  Play an FPS, DotA, SC2, Bloodline Champions, or a PvP-based MMO such as GW2 (which isn't released yet).

#50 ObliteratEr

ObliteratEr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

Saraphz said:

I don't see what all the fuss is about.  GC is pretty spot on.

They funny thing is, he's replying to the same people that goes apeshit in this thread who obviously don't get the message.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#51 Dracula

Dracula
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

Dadodil said:

His point is that Blizzard does value PvP as much as everything else, no matter how much YOU think arena should be first priority. They are still pushing out PvP content and people act as if they don't care.

I only read the post where he claims he thinks people care as much about pvp as they do acvhs and just as many.

#52 Pahtak

Pahtak
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement
  • RBG: 958

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

Ghostcrawler LOVES to explain himself.  always.  Every single post that he writes is usually him explaining himself or giving excuses.  It makes me, and a lot of other players, extremely disgusted.  

He doesn't pvp.  like, at all.

#53 Toosalty

Toosalty
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

inhume said:

this guy wins the thread and the original poster is dumb.  ghostcrawler is right about the sense of entitlement that pvpers have.

You mean b/c we're better?
DK, FUCK YEAH.

DK with engineering nitro boosting around dropping amzs with a half a second gcd spreading aids mortal striking gargyoling people while floating down from LM to BS with engeering cape while dark simulacrumming spamming holy lights on himself throwing rockets out his ass and grenades out his penis. fuck yeah rated battleground cataclysm DK

-Xv

#54 Synze

Synze
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Tuvahl said:

Ghostcrawler LOVES to explain himself.  always.  Every single post that he writes is usually him explaining himself or giving excuses.  It makes me, and a lot of other players, extremely disgusted.  

He doesn't pvp.  like, at all.

rather he not explain any of his decisions?

and from the post that is the focus of his thread, he does care a lot about pvp.  he just doesn't care about pvp more than any equally important aspect of the game.

#55 ObliteratEr

ObliteratEr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

Dracula said:

I only read the post where he claims he thinks people care as much about pvp as they do acvhs and just as many.

Blizzard thinks so yea, and so they care equally for both.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#56 Pahtak

Pahtak
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

he does care a lot about pvp. he just doesn't care about pvp more than any equally important aspect of the game.

first off, no he does not.  

second off, PvP IS more important than any other aspect of this game.  hello... do you even play WoW?

you don't see pro Korean players getting $10,000 from doing PvE, do you???

#57 Sindelle

Sindelle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

Powerslave said:

are you fucking dumb? He compares a PART OF THE GAME (even though we can agree pvp is not the dominant part in wow) with ACHIEVEMENTS

FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT POINTS IWTH NO MEANING AT ALL

You cant even buy cosmetics with achiev points

Do you realise what that means? I'm usually not the one to rip on GC quotes but god damn this is the most fucking stupid I have ever heard in fucking ages

Calm down, you're the retarded guy here. It's not because you don't enjoy a part of the game that everyone else must dislike it.

That being said, GC was obviously listing random items to prove his points (I can't believe someone can miss that). Obviously PvP is  more important than UI Editing, he's just saying that players can't use "PvP is too big" argument to make devs talk to them more.

Basically, PvP community makes a big deal out of a post that shouldn't even be mentioned. Nothing new here.

#58 Pahtak

Pahtak
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

he's just saying that players can't use "PvP is too big" argument to make devs talk to them more.

even when it's 100% true?  that's how you know he's bad at the game.  He doesn't realize that it's true.

#59 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

The main problems I have with GC:

-He spends as much, if not more, time responding to trolls and worthless posts JUST TO TELL US how we shouldn't post like that.

-He often responds to "fluffy" posts devoid of content and often doesn't address the original concern of a thread.

-Disagree with GC?  Banned.  You don't even have to break a rule, post anything rude, or anything like that-you just disagree with him, and he calls you a troll and says something like "angry troll is angry" and bans you.

As far as this topic is concerned, comparing achievements/UI/RP with PvP isn't really valid.  UI/RP/achievements don't require the continual monitoring and maintenance that PvP/PvE require.  Those are all "one-and-done" type things.  Balance is quite different, and you'd think GC would be astute enough to be able to separate them.  This sounds more like an excuse than anything.  I think he knows that comment on PvP more often would just be stirring a hornet's nest, but I don't think he has the honesty to just admit that.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#60 Pahtak

Pahtak
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage