• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

Dadodil said:

I know some people who like to collect achievement points. The same people are saying "Arena is stupid, all you do is running around in a sandbox increasing the digits of your arena team for nothing". People like different things.
GCs point is that all the aspecs of WoW are equally important to them.

people who like to collect meaningless points (in your own words,they're not even interested in the achievements themelves,just HOW MAN YPTS YOU GOT LOL) are dumb hippies

they're objectively retarded and no one should agree with them

as someone mentioned ,these dumb hippies are actually a minority of the players and even if they weren't , GC should be ashamed of agreeing with them

Does he have no soul ?
Posted Image
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#22 idagi

idagi
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

did he just compare the part of the game that is "pvp" to Tradeskills? :D or twinking?! :D

i know PVE is the dominant way to play the game but theres 2 sides to this coin... the PVEers idolizes us, they know deep down theres no challenge to what they do compared...

i remember joining the game the first time in s3 where my friend showed me arena and got me into it... i also joined his guild to get fast gear as i hit 70... every single one of them spoke to me like i was their guildmaster (the way they construct their little guild-hieracy is funny enough to begind with) and basically was dog-scared we would leave all the time i guess for some wierd 7th stretch epeen reason... never understood it...

bottomline 90% of the people care about pvp, even if 70% care more about PVE, thats mostly cause they're shit at pvp (often quite open about it)

#23 Kanlis

Kanlis
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

post really isn't that big of a deal.
Posted Image

#24 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

Powerslave said:

people who like to collect meaningless points (in your own words,they're not even interested in the achievements themelves,just HOW MAN YPTS YOU GOT LOL) are dumb hippies

a lot of the arena players i know only care about the amount of points they got as wel ;(

#25 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

Naatzors said:

a lot of the arena players i know only care about the amount of points they got as wel ;(

arena points? /giggle

I don't think there's any comparison

you can gain one(rating) by winning competitive games (not going to analyze wotlk pvp here) and you gain the other by doing 5 man instances intended for level 60 players at 80...nothing to see here.
Posted Image

#26 nitrusoxe

nitrusoxe
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

idagi said:

did he just compare the part of the game that is "pvp" to Tradeskills? :D or twinking?! :D

i know PVE is the dominant way to play the game but theres 2 sides to this coin... the PVEers idolizes us, they know deep down theres no challenge to what they do compared...

i remember joining the game the first time in s3 where my friend showed me arena and got me into it... i also joined his guild to get fast gear as i hit 70... every single one of them spoke to me like i was their guildmaster (the way they construct their little guild-hieracy is funny enough to begind with) and basically was dog-scared we would leave all the time i guess for some wierd 7th stretch epeen reason... never understood it...

bottomline 90% of the people care about pvp, even if 70% care more about PVE, thats mostly cause they're shit at pvp (often quite open about it)

this kid couldn't be more right imo

#27 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

ITs a causal based PvE game, PvP never will have bigger focus than PvE. Its not an ESport, no idea who was forcing WoW Arena to be. There are probably ten times more people playing causally PvE / BGs, than hardcore arena players

If they would have care that much about it already, then PvE and PvP would be split with a button on your interface, spells and skills should have work differently, and you could not use PvE gear, but however, the amount of rage they would get from causal ppl would burn their forums, so ye. Keep dreaming, that PvP is important.
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#28 Serida

Serida
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

i think part of the problem is pleasing pvpers is so hard, it feels like wasting time. people who like achievements are easily pleased and far less likely to quit wow because their dissatisfied with the overall game or mad about 1 day in particular.

i hate raiding, i hate achievements but im in a pve guild (that i stopped raiding with a year ago) but i see plenty of hardcore pveers and hear their opinions and i know pvpers have serious biased towards thinking things they hate are fundamentally shit and are impossible to enjoy for a human being.

also wow tries to please its customer base more than any other game i or anyone i know has ever played. we just expect more than any other game ever made because we know how rich blizzard is. im surprised some of you have played this game so long and didint realise its dominating pve bias (and its pve bias has been getting stronger every year).
:shaman:Alver
:warrior:Serida

Posted Image

#29 Serida

Serida
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

idagi said:

your guild must have been 100% terribles for that to be true. my guild is one of the top american guilds and no one feels that way at all (and 90% of people over the last 5 years in blood legion dont feel that way either). theres a couple pveers who respect pvp moderately but most think pve takes more skill (lol).

if your guild is a casual 2 day/week guild that doesnt have half of your hard modes finished they respect you because your better than them, thats all there is to it, its not because of pvp.

im with you guys as far as wanting pvp to be the main element of this game, but it never has been and never will be, and ive played it long enough to realise that. and only by having real expectations will we get what we ask for.
:shaman:Alver
:warrior:Serida

Posted Image

#30 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

emidanrko said:

keyword: some

and you're just being generous there, too

look at arenajunkies, then go find me a similar high populated site which specifically aims towards the discussion of achievements in WoW (other than the official wow forum itself)

my point is that arena is more cared about if you went into %

if somehow you could prove me wrong, it'd be only because too many people have quit trying to convince blizzard to do more PvP balancing and what not, including myself (soon)

Hope you realise the people who actually do arena actively are like 5% of the whole WoW population, probably even less.
Posted Image

#31 Asol

Asol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 948

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Read the actual thread(?). I could take a quote from anyone and make it sound like he's crazy then post it on some oher forum, where a bunch of people will start thinking that he's crazy, despite not knowing shit lol :p

LOL the hilarious part is, whether i read his full post or not, it wouldnt have made a difference,
-inmotionx thoughts about reading topics before posting his opinion.

#32 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Ryan said:

abandon ship!

+1

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#33 Maljar

Maljar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

maybe we should point out even more, maybe they will realise its important, or maybe we're just 10% of all players after all, and they follow statistics only ?

if blizz would take in consideration ideas of certain players game could be balanced within fkin week

hehehe eehe he
Posted Image
Posted Image
Kochanovski 2v2 #0 Worldwide
:=)
Charz::mage::warrior:

#34 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

Xpower said:

Hope you realise the people who actually do arena actively are like 5% of the whole WoW population, probably even less.

how many is it after you remove all non 80 players (because they dont do anything but leveling ) and then add people who play battlegrounds(and will play when you can get top gear from them) in the equation

yeah
Posted Image

#35 Maljar

Maljar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

Well in other hand if battlegrounds would reward really sweet uber equal high end pve items we would see atleast 60% of popoulation spamming bgs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Kochanovski 2v2 #0 Worldwide
:=)
Charz::mage::warrior:

#36 Bantuu

Bantuu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ghostlands
  • Retaliation

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:03 PM

Lolflay said:

+1

I like your name.

+1

#37 Buddha

Buddha
  • Junkies

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

PvP is important to me :(

#38 wisdomcube

wisdomcube
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

Powerslave said:

how many is it after you remove all non 80 players (because they dont do anything but leveling ) and then add people who play battlegrounds(and will play when you can get top gear from them) in the equation

yeah

pretty sure its a ridiculous % amount that never hit level 80. Those people add up to alot more than people who play arena.

View PostLawson, on 18 February 2011 - 06:52 AM, said:

where was everyone else tonight?  3 hours of No q's followed by 3 hours of getting farmed by Adept?

#39 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

Rihard said:

The thing really is that most players see this:

PvE (main game focus)
PvP
Roleplaying

Not this:

PvE (main game focus)
UI mods
tradeskills
world events
RP
twinking
lore
PvP

Most of those things are just subsections of PvE or PvP, or things that compliment both. PvE, PvP and Roleplaying are the actual playstyles of the game, and the reason you log in every day. Some may enjoy two or three of those aspects, and many more only enjoy one. Obviously most of the players are on the PvE side of things, and that should get the most attention. Roleplayers pretty much just need their robe and wizard hat to have a good time. Where does that leave PvP players?

Even if it was just a dev that showed up once a month to post something like "hey guys, what do you think about an arena map where you start ten yards away from the other team and your LoS obstacles disappear on a timer?" it'd be a pretty large improvement.

Posted Image

#40 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

wisdomcube said:

pretty sure its a ridiculous % amount that never hit level 80. Those people add up to alot more than people who play arena.

yeah but paying attention to fixing achievements doesn't cater for the non 80 players anyway (have you ever seen/heard of a level 35 exploring areas for achievement points? I thought not)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<