Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

[Blizzard] GC: PvP = Roleplaying


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Rihard

Rihard
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azuremyst
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 166
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1134

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:31 PM

I'm surprised this hasn't made it on here yet, it's kinda sad the view pvp is getting in this WoW forums thread.

Player post:

Quote

I'm not a fan of the QQ. But PvP is too big an element of the game not to have occasional dev forum posts.

GC reply:

[BLIZZ=""]Here is the problem with that line of thinking:

But UI mods are too big an element of the game...
But tradeskills are too big an element of the game...
But world events are too big an element of the game...
But RP is too big an element of the game...
But twinking is too big an element of the game...
But lore is too big an element of the game... [/BLIZZ]

Also this gem:
[BLIZZ=""]If I had to guess, the number of players who care greatly about PvP design is probably a fraction of those who care -- with just as much passion and whatever measurement of hardcoreness you want to use -- about achievements or UI mods. It doesn't matter though, because they are all important parts of the game to us. [/BLIZZ]

Here's the whole thread:
forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26725954689&sid=1

MMO Champ showing just the GC posts:
blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26725954689/can-we-have-a-gc-for-pvp-please/

Basically, the entire thread is people asking for someone (not Ghostcrawler) that would give pvp the same attention that he gives pve on the forums. Apparently he's the only Blizzard employee capable of writing up forum posts though.

The whole thing is pretty hardcore /facepalm material. I can't post links or images, but this thread probably needs a big ol' Blizzcon 2009 Ghostcrawler pic.

#2 Gekkejager

Gekkejager
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 445
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

lol..
"Good change, it's so annoying if you want to death grip but your pet already stunned him!"

#3 browniking

browniking
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 745
  • Talents:

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

this shit never gets old..

#4 Paixao

Paixao
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 363
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

frist


fuck

#5 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 38
  • Talents:

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

abandon ship!

#6 Sindelle

Sindelle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 737
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:45 PM

Really, I don't see what's wrong with his posts. That and the fact that the topic title doesn't make any sense.

I'd rather see the devs work instead of wasting time reading forum posts, it's not their job, it's the CM's (and GC to some extent). Everyone knows WoW is a PvE game, I don't understand what point you're trying to make with your thread.

#7 Psykal

Psykal
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 26
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Sindelle said:

Really, I don't see what's wrong with his posts. That and the fact that the topic title doesn't make any sense.

I'd rather see the devs work instead of wasting time reading forum posts, it's not their job, it's the CM's (and GC to some extent). Everyone knows WoW is a PvE game, I don't understand what point you're trying to make with your thread.

Pretty much this.

#8 Rihard

Rihard
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azuremyst
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 166
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1134

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

Sindelle said:

Really, I don't see what's wrong with his posts. That and the fact that the topic title doesn't make any sense.

I'd rather see the devs work instead of wasting time reading forum posts, it's not their job, it's the CM's (and GC to some extent). Everyone knows WoW is a PvE game, I don't understand what point you're trying to make with your thread.

The point is that you're more likely to see a post covering the intricacies of cybersex in Goldshire than you are a post asking for feedback on Ring of Valor.

They've stated that most of the devs already read the forums. They just don't interact with the community at all, which is what people are asking for. Guided discussion with some CM moderation would be a lot more constructive than what goes on in the WoW pvp forums right now.

#9 ObliteratEr

ObliteratEr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 453
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

Get some reading comprehension skills before you make threads like this.

Official Blizzard Quote:

I am astounded by the number of posters in this thread who said essentially "PvP is self-evidently more important than all those other aspects of the game mentioned.

He's directly replying to the players that THINK Blizzard doesn't care about PvP and that PvP is more important then all the other aspects of the game, when in reality they do care.

Basically, he's trying to tell you that PvP is just as an important aspect of the game as PvE/Leveling/Achievements etc - not more important, nor less important. Guess you didn't get it at all and belong with the idiots on the official forum.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#10 bieberfever

bieberfever
  • Velv
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 153
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

nice thinking GC

SEASON 8 WRATHFUL GLADIATOR
NATIVE VINDI HERO VELV
:warlock::shaman::druid:

CLICK 4 BOOBS

Spoiler

Quote

[15:14:29] Eyal Onn - Corrupter: If you want to play a game that requires skill, play Call of Duty

zyonlol said:

will see about this velvy... nice 1k PR in 2s and 5s
Velv 1: World #1 Boomkin/Resto/Affli

#11 cyrfer

cyrfer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2737
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

hey guys i heard that s9 and especially cata will be so much better than wotlk.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright?

View PostGLopez, on 19 March 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

I have never trolled in my life.

#12 destiny1

destiny1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 64
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

Quit if you don't like it. Also thread title makes no sense for the content.

#13 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Posts: 7568

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

Sindelle said:

Really, I don't see what's wrong with his posts. That and the fact that the topic title doesn't make any sense.

I'd rather see the devs work instead of wasting time reading forum posts, it's not their job, it's the CM's (and GC to some extent). Everyone knows WoW is a PvE game, I don't understand what point you're trying to make with your thread.

are you fucking dumb? He compares a PART OF THE GAME (even though we can agree pvp is not the dominant part in wow) with ACHIEVEMENTS

FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT POINTS IWTH NO MEANING AT ALL

You cant even buy cosmetics with achiev points

Do you realise what that means? I'm usually not the one to rip on GC quotes but god damn this is the most fucking stupid I have ever heard in fucking ages
Posted Image
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#14 emidanrko

emidanrko

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

lols

not surprised, games changed to this kind of thinking a while ago

#15 ObliteratEr

ObliteratEr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 453
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:23 PM

Powerslave said:

are you fucking dumb? He compares a PART OF THE GAME (even though we can agree pvp is not the dominant part in wow) with ACHIEVEMENTS

FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT POINTS IWTH NO MEANING AT ALL

You cant even buy cosmetics with achiev points

Do you realise what that means? I'm usually not the one to rip on GC quotes but god damn this is the most fucking stupid I have ever heard in fucking ages

I know some people who like to collect achievement points. The same people are saying "Arena is stupid, all you do is running around in a sandbox increasing the digits of your arena team for nothing". People like different things.
GCs point is that all the aspecs of WoW are equally important to them.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#16 Nifti

Nifti
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Posts: 810
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

Why do people always make these stupid threads? There are probably more people that care about achievements than about arena. If you dont like that than please gtfo the game and the forums. its not that hard.

#17 emidanrko

emidanrko

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

Dadodil said:

I know some people who like to collect achievement points. The same people are saying "Arena is stupid, all you do is running around in a sandbox increasing the digits of your arena team for nothing". People like different things.
GCs point is that all the aspecs of WoW are equally important to them.

keyword: some

and you're just being generous there, too

look at arenajunkies, then go find me a similar high populated site which specifically aims towards the discussion of achievements in WoW (other than the official wow forum itself)

my point is that arena is more cared about if you went into %

if somehow you could prove me wrong, it'd be only because too many people have quit trying to convince blizzard to do more PvP balancing and what not, including myself (soon)

#18 Rihard

Rihard
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azuremyst
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 166
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1134

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

The thing really is that most players see this:

PvE (main game focus)
PvP
Roleplaying


Not this:

PvE (main game focus)
UI mods
tradeskills
world events
RP
twinking
lore
PvP

Most of those things are just subsections of PvE or PvP, or things that compliment both. PvE, PvP and Roleplaying are the actual playstyles of the game, and the reason you log in every day. Some may enjoy two or three of those aspects, and many more only enjoy one. Obviously most of the players are on the PvE side of things, and that should get the most attention. Roleplayers pretty much just need their robe and wizard hat to have a good time. Where does that leave PvP players?

Even if it was just a dev that showed up once a month to post something like "hey guys, what do you think about an arena map where you start ten yards away from the other team and your LoS obstacles disappear on a timer?" it'd be a pretty large improvement.

#19 cyrfer

cyrfer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2737
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

Rihard said:

The thing really is that most players see this:

PvE (main game focus)
PvP
Roleplaying


Not this:

PvE (main game focus)
UI mods
tradeskills
world events
RP
twinking
lore
PvP

Most of those things are just subsections of PvE or PvP, or things that compliment both. PvE, PvP and Roleplaying are the actual playstyles of the game, and the reason you log in every day. Some may enjoy two or three of those aspects, and many more only enjoy one. Obviously most of the players are on the PvE side of things, and that should get the most attention. Roleplayers pretty much just need their robe and wizard hat to have a good time. Where does that leave PvP players?

Even if it was just a dev that showed up once a month to post something like "hey guys, what do you think about an arena map where you start ten yards away from the other team and your LoS obstacles disappear on a timer?" it'd be a pretty large improvement.

pretty much this

View PostGLopez, on 19 March 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

I have never trolled in my life.

#20 vitb

vitb
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Термоштепсель
  • Шквал
  • Posts: 333
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

but the question is should some parts be equal to others?

the answer is no... since when do we measure the importances of things by the personal value placed on them?

you are stupid and ignorant if u think achievements, professions etc have the same depth, complexity and overall impact as pvp. because of those three things pvp must take priority over them things but it does not and is why we have the game like it is now




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<