• Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:36 AM

Right, you can buy 25$ with 2500 FPP (you do have to 'clear' it like a bonus, but whatever)

50$ with 4500 FPP

300$ with 25000 FPP

650$ with 50000 FPP, and so forth

However, my question is.. is it worth buying these, at all?  Here are some of the other options you've got to buy with your FPP:

6900 FPP: 109$ WCOOP event ticket. If you compare this to 50$ for 4500 FPP, you'll quickly realize what is the better deal.

Then there's the sunday 1/4 million satellite sit&go's for 280 FPP buy-in.

These are six-max sit&go's, hyper turbo, basically push/fold from the start preflop, pretty much a gamble, but ofcourse, in the long run, if you do it somewhat right at least, let's say you get an average payout.

For each 1680 FPP in the prize pool total, they give away: 2x 11$ entree to the sunday 1/4 million (you can unregister from these, giving you 11 T$) and 3rd place gets his 280 FPP back. So all in all, basically 22$ for every 1400 FPP.

To summarize:

- VIP reward bonus: 50$ with 4500 FPP (worst rate for bronze star, but only gets slightly better from here) Let's say 1$ per every 100 FPP using this stuff.

- 6900 FPP: 109$ WCOOP event ticket. Basically 1$ per every 64 FPP.

- Sunday 1/4 million sit&go: 22$ per 1400 FPP. Basically 1$ per every 64 FPP aswell. However, you do need to spend some time on these, whereas the other 2 options don't require you to do anything at all.

Is it just me, or is buying the VIP reward bonuses just stupid? Is this some sort of oversight? 100 FPP vs 64 FPP isn't even close.. that's literally getting almost twice as much for your money using the other options.

#2 lucyk

lucyk

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:16 AM

well yeah, you get less value out of the straight cash options because there's no risk and no reinjection of money back into the poker site
U maKe me Feel Like I'm liVin' a TEENAGE DREAM

#3 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:57 AM

lucyk said:

well yeah, you get less value out of the straight cash options because there's no risk and no reinjection of money back into the poker site

But.. there is no reinjection of cash with FPP sit&go's either. Furthermore, even if there is 'risk' in playing sit&go's instead, I really don't think that's a good reason at all. It doesn't matter TO THEM does it. They're straight out giving less money per FPP for one option compared to another.
Also, for the players, anything they do in poker has risk, doesn't it? So also there, taking an average payout into account is only normal I'd say.

Infact, it takes up their bandwith etc. aswell having to host those sit&go's. Still they pay more out more for those than when you exchange in their shop.

Although yes, true if you take the VIP bonus you do have to play for it infact and through that way you give em money back..  But doesn't that enforce my point even more anyway? :D You're getting less money, while having to play for it and pay em back.

It really does look like an oversight.

edit: oh yeah and I don't think you understand.. there's Stellar Rewards which are straight out cash.. these cost only 1 FPP, so they're basically free cash / rakeback every now and then. Those are not what I'm talking about though, those are just fine :D But there's also cash rewards you have to clear out as a bonus, but their FPP to money ratio seem very weak compared to other options, while as I already said you have to play to clear em as bonus aswell.

#4 lucyk

lucyk

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

oh i didn't realise you had to clear them as a bonus too, i thought it was just straight cash.
U maKe me Feel Like I'm liVin' a TEENAGE DREAM

#5 Zizek

Zizek
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

It's not an oversight. It's been like that for a very long time. Pokerstars is a site that aggressively markets its tournament scene, and so for non-Supernova's to maximize the value of their FPPs, they must play satellites or buy tournament tickets. That said, I highly recommend dumping your FPP's in the 6-max hyper-turbos. Just fire up a ton of them and then cash out the T$. They're very quick and painless (even fun), and you should be even in EV or even slightly over EV with just a basic understanding of hyper-turbo strategy (basically, jam all in with 60%+ of hands if it's folded to your cutoff, and ATC from the SB at all blind levels, and try to avoid calling all in's without having most of your opponent's range dominated, especially 3-handed.)

#6 Carmel

Carmel
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

The cash bonuses are instant now so they would be the better option IMO

#7 urterminated

urterminated
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

the cash bonuses will always have the worst FPP/$ ratio. BUT dont forget that you get that cash instantly. When you buy tournament ticket you still need to play for few hrs become you get ITM. And that, my friend, requires a bit of luck: you will most likely need to win few flips on the way, and do one major suckout. Or not get sucked out a single time.

#8 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

View Posturterminated, on 23 May 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

the cash bonuses will always have the worst FPP/$ ratio. BUT dont forget that you get that cash instantly. When you buy tournament ticket you still need to play for few hrs become you get ITM. And that, my friend, requires a bit of luck: you will most likely need to win few flips on the way, and do one major suckout. Or not get sucked out a single time.

Nah best way to convert FPP into T$'s is hyper turbo tournaments, like I said push/fold from the start, they're pretty much bound to even out in the long run.

#9 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

The cash bonuses are much lower straight up value up till SN, but pure value is not the only factor to consider.  Personally, before the DoJ got a dick in its ass, I was just saving my FPPs until the day when I would eventually hit SN and I was going to buy cash.  

With the tournament buy-in options, you obviously don't just get that $1 per 64 FPPs.  You have to cash in the tournaments.  For a pure cash player like I was, you can't expect to have a very good result in these tournaments compared to what a tournament player would get, which lowers that value (probably not a huge amount for turbos, but a ton for something like the WCOOP).  On top of that, the actual act of playing in the tournaments takes time; time which could otherwise be used playing more cash games for more profit.

Edited by Kelarm, 23 May 2011 - 10:30 PM.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#10 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

Right, I see what you mean now, since it gets converted into T$'s and not actual cash, it's not a great option for a cashgame-only player. If you feel comfortable playing sit&go's/tournament structure games, then the hyper turbo's are the way to go for most value though.

#11 urterminated

urterminated
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

View PostKennyEU, on 23 May 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

Nah best way to convert FPP into T$'s is hyper turbo tournaments, like I said push/fold from the start, they're pretty much bound to even out in the long run.

what is "long run" ? From my exp long run if talking about cash games is more than 800k hands for sure. Been in downswing for 450k hands. So "long " tournament run can be 10k+ tournaments. Sure if i was luckbox winning more than 50% of flips and i would go play these hyper turbos but when in last 200k hands i win 38% of flips ill better take the cash.

#12 Ispen

Ispen
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:10 AM

Are you related to Zugrug?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<