Just horrible

#42 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • Locationcurently living in UK (coming from Austria)

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

who cares about upcoming shit, they gonna change it 10000 times anyway :) (sadly they´ll do it under season 9 i gues, but again who cares, arena won´t be that popular any more - probably)

#43 Akaforty

Akaforty
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

Erm, what escape tool is the imp getting?

imp has a spell called flee
you cast it and imp stuns slows etc get removed and he jumps back to you
Posted Image
I will +rep you back if you include your name.(Make sure I can find your post easily.)
If you're interested in Cataclysm and specifically warlock class, visit my Youtube Channel for nice inside beta videos.
http://www.youtube.com/VisitorCz

#44 Zymeth

Zymeth
  • Members

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

it's a 100 times easier to balance pets for pvp and pve if you are not forced to use all of them in every aspect of the game

oh and offtopic, i wonder that magearmor is still 50%

#45 Remains

Remains
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

Erm, what escape tool is the imp getting?

A 20 second Lifegrip for your imp that removes any stuns/roots from your imp (as in an escape tool for your pet only).

Makes kinda sense as they are changing the dispel system across the board.

The higher manacost for the healers to dispel should mean that they change the felhunter dispel.

Even though you dont use your offensive dispel that often it makes sense to change it so you have to choose between imp and felhunter.

Why does it make sense to remove the dispel from felhunters because the manacost on dispel is being changed...?

#46 Telelol

Telelol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

So wait, you want pet respawn on demand? Oke I want kidney removed from CD. Cloak aswell while we're at it.

Zod off the warlock forum troll...

#47 sleak

sleak
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

I have an 80 warlock that is my 2nd-in-line character, so I believe that somewhat entitles me to say this: All this warlock bitching is ridiculous.

The sky isn't falling. With the tools warlocks have they'll always be strong. End of story. Blizzard is changing the felhunter because they believe having one pet, and only one pet, is bad design. The fact that you (and many other locks) is happy with your "ONE pet" is exactly what blizzard is trying to change. All classes are having to deal with design changes: MS classes are having their MS reduced in half, mana users are getting accross-the-board regen nerfs, and warlock pets are changing.

Being a shaman, it isn't reasonable of me to say "Fuck blizz for nerfing my mana regen in Cataclysm -- I like the way it is now." just because I never run out of mana. That's bad design.

So all these warlocks that think the sky is falling should just STFU and let blizzard make the game the way they want it.

QFT

inb4 warlock flames :cool:

#48 Eay

Eay
  • Tumult
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

In TBC, Felhunters had a passive group perception buff (Paranoia), a counterspell, a dispell and annoyingly high magic resistance.

It was too much for a pet.

I think the changes they made to lock pets in Wotlk was ok.

This beta shit tho, is just meh. We're basically just gonna lose devour. I can guarantee you that playing with an Imp out won't be viable, ESPECIALLY without Improved Health funnel, which is out of reach for affliction.

This paired with the horrible Life Tap change is just gonna encourage tunneling warlocks in arena. Can't really keep an Imp out for soul link when we're gonna be trained 24/7.

Even tho I think it's pointless to suggest things on AJ, since I'm pretty sure blizzard don't even read these forums anymore (more flaming here than on the official boards this season), someone from the US feel free to make this suggestion on the Official Forums:

Remove Soulburn: Seed of Corruption. Replace it with a talent that gives Felhunter friendly devour. It's really deep in the affliction tree. It would make perfect sense, since Felhunter is the "affliction pet".

Give deep Destruction a talent to give Imps massively increased stamina or something similar.

Then there will be more diversity of pets in arena. Because it seems like that's what they want to see. Yes, basically force specs into using certain pets. It's fair, because it still brings diversity.

Destruction will have dispells from a pet that won't die so extremely easy and they'll still have the option to Soulburn summon a Felhunter for a clutch counterspell.

#49 Lutheus

Lutheus
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Runetotem
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

YOU are the dumb one here rofl. Pretty much all healers are getting defensive dispells, it would be WAY to op, healers would love to bring warlocks just because they're the only DPS class that can dispell AND counter-spell with the same pet. Now stop crying, the nerf isn't gonna make you warlocks shit or anything and YES this change is needed in Cata, EVEN if warlocks are OP now.

The argument that healers getting dispel makes devour magic more powerful is ridiculous! There are several classes now with silence/ interrupt and dispel, it isn't a bit deal.

I also fail to see how you have the cheek to insult everyone you quote when your very own arguments are beyond awful.

oh and offtopic, i wonder that magearmor is still 50%

Sadly yes, I even made a a chain of (damned good) posts about it on the mage forum and they all defended it tooth and nail. Even if Blizzard tries to remove it, I imagine the uproar would get it re-implemented.
Posted Image

#50 Chromix

Chromix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2520

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

Atleast the felhunter can still purge :rolleyes:

#51 Takanit

Takanit
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

I'm already at 71 keybinds on my lock and they're adding so much new shit lol

#52 Chromix

Chromix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2520

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

I'm already at 71 keybinds on my lock and they're adding so much new shit lol

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

• Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1423
  • 3v3: 1863
  • RBG: 2226

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

This would ruin warlocks, I don't oppose it.

#54 viol8r

viol8r
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

The goal is to make warlocks use other pets, the method for achieving it is making the only one that was remotely decent for PVP terrible.

There ya go, all equally shit, take your pick.

#55 Noxsin

Noxsin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nathrezim
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

The goal is to make warlocks use other pets, the method for achieving it is making the only one that was remotely decent for PVP terrible.

There ya go, all equally shit, take your pick.

Pretty much blizzard's policy from the beginning, kind of like when something is broken they just remove it until they feel like fixing it. Or how they promise to do all kinds of stuff that never happens (Flying combat, new dances) just to name a few. Oh well as always we shall adapt /end qq

#56 Schmeiser

Schmeiser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

well the fact of the matter is, this isn't going to give diversity to warlock pet choices, since we will always go for the fel hunter, always.

so all they are doing is nerfing the pet we will be using.

Rofl so true

#57 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

Haven't seen anywhere the post about pets and changes (read em all here and im updated about it enough i guess) but why isn't voidwalker getting anything? (if im wrong correct me plx)

#58 Zaragoza

Zaragoza
  • Members

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

Haven't seen anywhere the post about pets and changes (read em all here and im updated about it enough i guess) but why isn't voidwalker getting anything? (if im wrong correct me plx)

better aggro, period.

So here they asked me "Piroxz, what's your secret to achieve Challenger 8 in a row?"
So I answered: "Money, Bitches, Weed"

#59 fearlol

fearlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1531

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

Have you even seen demonology in beta?? Anti-melee right there.
use voidwalker, sort of anti-melee.

It's like a warrior asking for another way to kill some1, without bladestorm. :S

stop posting in warlock forums . thanks

#60 Pinlol

Pinlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:05 PM

didn't bother to read the entire shitty thread of warlock tears but

We're all happy with our ONE pet, we don't want diversity, we want to actually be worth having over a mage (devour).

i'm pretty sure warlocks are pretty strong and this statement is beyond shit.

you DO realize that beast cleave is a horrible comp, right?

- Tuvahl

http://www.xfire.com...ideo/pinsleepe/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<