#221 betruger

betruger
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

ya, if they want us to swap pets and stuff they need to make soul burn(?) a simple % damage cooldown. The imp buff is like you get 1 guaranteed crit then you lose it, afflictions is amazing, but they should all be either the same or based off spec.

#222 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:01 PM

what the mage said is true however no afflic warlock will ever use an imp because of some ability called soul something we get at lvl 85. basically it makes u do 20% more dmg to your dots if you have the felhunter out. if you have an imp it applies to fire dmg. warlocks will most likely be afflic for sure as the premeir spec of choice and going without the felhunter would be dumb. the main thing i really dislike about the lack of defensive dispel is the fact that warlocks eat both snares and cc like tanks. we have no cc outs and only 1 snare out on a 30 sec cd (portal for those of u who dont know). every class but hunters(except bm hunters) have something to get out of cc or prevent it or have talents to reduce it.

20 second duration, 2 minute cooldown. That + spell lock + offensive devour is an interesting tradeoff vs defensive dispel, it's really not clear that one pet or the other will be better in all situations. Tons of classes are as or more vulnerable to snares and cc. By the way, you could start a match with the imp out then once you get full dots on everything burn a soul shard to get a felhunter out and pop that cooldown (Demon Soul). Combine with any of the 3 bloodlust classes for maximum profit.

#223 zekeboy

zekeboy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

You guys know with soul swap + glyph you can cast 1 set of ua+corruption+agony in a game and then spend 2 instant cast gcds to copy it to each additional target, never needing to recast ua more than once per game unless you let it fall off every target. This also applies your dots MUCH faster than casting them normally. You can put curse of elements on a pet on the other team and it applies a totem like coe aura on everyone in 40 yards 'cus of the jinx talent, allowing you to have the benefits of coe+tongues or coe+coex on every player.

Also, you don't have to use the felhunter. The imp seems like it'll be a very solid choice in many situations.

Unless physical teams can cleave the shit out of warlock teams, I don't see any healer having much hope of surviving the pressure of an aff lock spamming soul swapped dots on everything.

from what i understand, it isn't ctrl + c, its ctrl + x.
meaning you dont copy it, you cut it(remove dots) from one target and apply them to another within a period of time.

its an awesome ability locks have been wanting for a long time, away to do fast switches.

and we have to use the fel hunter for the soul merger or whatever the fuck its called, for a 20% dot dmg boost.

as destro sure, use the imp. but no one plays that shitty spec.

in conclusion, we dont have variety, in pets or specs imo. i want affliction finely tuned and balanced.
The Word of the Day is Legs. So Come Back to my Place Miley and Spread the Word!!!!!!

#224 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, except I said soul swap + glyph which makes it ctrl + c not ctrl + x. Regarding felhunter vs imp I suppose we'll have to wait and see, but unless something big changes I'd bet a lot of $ that only bad affliction warlocks will stick to felhunter full time. We'll see.

#225 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

what the mage said is true however no afflic warlock will ever use an imp because of some ability called soul something we get at lvl 85. basically it makes u do 20% more dmg to your dots if you have the felhunter out. if you have an imp it applies to fire dmg. warlocks will most likely be afflic for sure as the premeir spec of choice and going without the felhunter would be dumb. the main thing i really dislike about the lack of defensive dispel is the fact that warlocks eat both snares and cc like tanks. we have no cc outs and only 1 snare out on a 30 sec cd (portal for those of u who dont know). every class but hunters(except bm hunters) have something to get out of cc or prevent it or have talents to reduce it.

Not that I don't hate the dispel change, but every healer will have dispel in cata so losing self dispel isn't as bad as it seems since we will always be playing with a dispeller, or in bgs there will frequently be someone around to dispel us. It'll be pretty gay for solo'ing, but not unbearable. The real issue is being unable to dispel your healer, something that's been a core mechanic of the class for a very long time.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.

Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#226 zekeboy

zekeboy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

fel hunter dispel is more about dispelling our healer, not ourselves.
The Word of the Day is Legs. So Come Back to my Place Miley and Spread the Word!!!!!!

#227 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:21 AM

fel hunter dispel is more about dispelling our healer, not ourselves.

not really true if you play with a druid or shaman healer on live atm.

in respect for cata kelarm got it 100% right.
Posted Image

#228 Zegcx

Zegcx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

Felhunter defensive dispel opened up a lot of comp options. While Warlocks are paired frequently with Shamans and Druids, this isn't entirely because of the dispel issue... In a way, it is a survivability tool for Warlocks to be able to dispel their Shaman healer (or whatever class it may be), and opened up a lot of diverse play and made Warlock an extremely interesting class.

As a Resto Shaman, I pretty much feel like I'm getting nerfed when my partners-in-crime are nerfed. And lets be honest, Resto Shamans love warlocks. At this point, pretty much wave goodbye to being the only class with bloodlust, wave goodbye to disease/poison dispel as well as totem...Kept curse dispel, which we never had except from a talent in WOTLK, and isn't all that useful.

Can't say I'm really a fan. The nether protection change was needed because, let's be honest, much like mage armor, that talent was pretty silly...But I don't really support these felhunter changes. Might be more acceptable if they made the felhunter purge better...

#229 Cogito

Cogito
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:22 AM

I think the biggest loss of Defensive dispel will be that we don't have any real defensive CDs. No iceblock, deterrence, shield wall ect. Our real defense consists of soul link, self heals, and the ability to devour off our healer so as to even out dmg and healing taken.

#230 nihilísm

nihilísm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:50 AM

Plus is lowered the skill cap of the class by a chunk. I used to like being able to get off clutch devours, HELPING my team... now I pretty much can't help them for shit.

Sorry if this is old ass news, but they buffed avoidance to 90% on pets?????? score :D

#231 betruger

betruger
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:03 AM

Plus is lowered the skill cap of the class by a chunk. I used to like being able to get off clutch devours, HELPING my team... now I pretty much can't help them for shit.

Sorry if this is old ass news, but they buffed avoidance to 90% on pets?????? score :D

in pvp? if so i will stop bitching about everything else.

#232 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

in pvp? if so i will stop bitching about everything else.

Doubt it but dunno why he would say it as we alrdy have that for PvE. That would be OP imo, but can some1 tell me if they fixed a "bug" with newly summoned pet having shit low hp for a sec(dunno if that's intended but if it is it's shit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<