ilybrah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:53 AM

Official Blizzard Quote:

While we generally still want to adhere to the goal of Felhunter = Affliction, Felguard = Demo, Imp = Destro, we want everyone to use their other demons sometimes too. That involved making a lot of changes.

For starters, their damage and survivability will move closer together. We want the decision to be more about utility of their abilities than dps or squishiness. Under the new scaling model, the Imp and Succubus have health, mana and armor not too far off from the Felhunter.

We tried out the Imp doing friendly damage when he dispelled because we thought it was interesting for the demonic feel, but we have already removed it. We also tried an ability to knock allies out of CC that break on damage, but we now think that would be too powerful. Currently the Imp still does a dispel on allies.

We wanted to split Devour Magic into offensive and defensive components or else we felt like the Felhunter would always be the obvious choice for PvP. Now you can choose between having an off-the-GCD silence / interrupt and an offensive dispel / purge -or- having a defensive dispel, increases health and an escape tool.

Like everything else in beta, these are subject to change. We're close to being able to get more max-level PvP feedback and will buff or nerf abilities accordingly.

http://blue.mmo-cham...n-latest-build/

imp wont be able to break blind anymore :((

A full set of dots + a felhunter on my hpal requires me to divine light spam to stay alive, without the lock hitting me with drain life or drain soul at all.

SO ya, i was a hpally s9, and it was by far my favorite season ever in wow. Thanks for your OPINIONS tho on whether the season sucked or not. L2P, have a nice day!

#2 nihilísm

nihilísm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

no joke, I know a lot of people like to solely post on AJ, but we need more from our lock community here to post on blizz forums about how badly this needs to be reverted to how it still is on live.
We're all happy with our ONE pet, we don't want diversity, we want to actually be worth having over a mage (devour).

#3 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:26 AM

no joke, I know a lot of people like to solely post on AJ, but we need more from our lock community here to post on blizz forums about how badly this needs to be reverted to how it still is on live.
We're all happy with our ONE pet, we don't want diversity, we want to actually be worth having over a mage (devour).

I have an 80 warlock that is my 2nd-in-line character, so I believe that somewhat entitles me to say this: All this warlock bitching is ridiculous.

The sky isn't falling. With the tools warlocks have they'll always be strong. End of story. Blizzard is changing the felhunter because they believe having one pet, and only one pet, is bad design. The fact that you (and many other locks) is happy with your "ONE pet" is exactly what blizzard is trying to change. All classes are having to deal with design changes: MS classes are having their MS reduced in half, mana users are getting accross-the-board regen nerfs, and warlock pets are changing.

Being a shaman, it isn't reasonable of me to say "Fuck blizz for nerfing my mana regen in Cataclysm -- I like the way it is now." just because I never run out of mana. That's bad design.

So all these warlocks that think the sky is falling should just STFU and let blizzard make the game the way they want it.

#4 Remains

Remains
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

THIS, also I've already made a bunch of posts on the beta forums about it because it's truly horrific at the moment.

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

I have an 80 warlock that is my 2nd-in-line character, so I believe that somewhat entitles me to say this: All this warlock bitching is ridiculous.

The sky isn't falling. With the tools warlocks have they'll always be strong. End of story. Blizzard is changing the felhunter because they believe having one pet, and only one pet, is bad design. The fact that you (and many other locks) is happy with your "ONE pet" is exactly what blizzard is trying to change. All classes are having to deal with design changes: MS classes are having their MS reduced in half, mana users are getting accross-the-board regen nerfs, and warlock pets are changing.

Being a shaman, it isn't reasonable of me to say "Fuck blizz for nerfing my mana regen in Cataclysm -- I like the way it is now." just because I never run out of mana. That's bad design.

So all these warlocks that think the sky is falling should just STFU and let blizzard make the game the way they want it.

Well bro thanks for you input. However you are simply not qualified to have your opinion mean anything regarding warlocks. I leveled a paladin once to 80 as ret, and I can honestly say that it in no way makes me qualified to pretent like i know shit about them. good try though.

#6 zekeboy

zekeboy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:02 AM

well the fact of the matter is, this isn't going to give diversity to warlock pet choices, since we will always go for the fel hunter, always.

so all they are doing is nerfing the pet we will be using.
The Word of the Day is Legs. So Come Back to my Place Miley and Spread the Word!!!!!!

#7 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:05 AM

/facepalm

Ok this is the last time I waste my time with someone too stupid to recognize cleave takes ALOT more skill than warlocks.

You just deny to see warrior cleaves involve a lot of strategies and you can't adapt to it. Cleaving is closer than any caster healer melee comp to Esport, because you kill people with damage, not CC and that actually takes effort.
Don't tell me you're not getting carried by FOTM. Your team has a resto shaman and a warrior, you don't deserve to talk about other comps. Getting a double warrior 3v3 team to high ranks is a bigger achievement, hands down.

GET GRAZZD

#8 betruger

betruger
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

Well if they want us to use multiple pets they have to put our silence on THE LOCK. Even moonkins will be able to silence in cata, there is no reason that we should be expected to use 5 different pets for different situations (aka burning a soulshard at the start of every game and 1/2 way through once the enemy has used X cooldown we needed to dispel)

Im all for having a pet with a defensive dispel and a pet with an offensive dispel. Just give the felhunter a grounding totem effect on a 30s CD to keep up with its anti caster role and give spelllock to the warlock just like counterspell silence windshear and silencebeam whateverthefuck its called moonkins are getting.

#9 Shinz

Shinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:28 AM

What is this!

Blizzard telling you to use more than just 1 pet, the same pet you've been using since vanilla pretty much?! WHAT AN OUTRAGE! BASTARDS!

or hit mutilate

shit was hard with like the 3 cooldowns rogues hard.... should i cloak the chaosbolt or lava burst

Cloaking chaosbolts all day err'day

#10 JaK91

JaK91
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

fucking i dont even...

#11 nihilísm

nihilísm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:38 AM

Find it hard how anyone can even attempt to dispute what I posted.
Honestly, the only way I would accept this "diversity of pets" is if they removed cd on fel dom. Gave one of felhunter's abilities to each pet, and let us spam feldom new pets the way a warrior switches stances.

Then and only then would this be acceptable.
Fact of the matter is, without devour, why bring a lock when you can bring a mage, really. (think about the differences in the cc which sadly will be the only deciding factor)

#12 Shinz

Shinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

Find it hard how anyone can even attempt to dispute what I posted.
Honestly, the only way I would accept this "diversity of pets" is if they removed cd on fel dom. Gave one of felhunter's abilities to each pet, and let us spam feldom new pets the way a warrior switches stances.

So wait, you want pet respawn on demand? Oke I want kidney removed from CD. Cloak aswell while we're at it.

or hit mutilate

shit was hard with like the 3 cooldowns rogues hard.... should i cloak the chaosbolt or lava burst

Cloaking chaosbolts all day err'day

#13 nihilísm

nihilísm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

One retarded change idea to replace another retarded change idea.
Was an example of making a point to how this ridiculous change will impact the decision of "why take X, when we can take Y that has all the same shit plus more"

#14 Durotann

Durotann
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:48 AM

The only reason Locks are chosen over mages is because of Devour? Really? :rolleyes:

#15 Zaragoza

Zaragoza
  • Members

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:51 AM

So wait, you want pet respawn on demand? Oke I want kidney removed from CD. Cloak aswell while we're at it.

hum...troll.

I don't like how the nerf one pet to make the other look good.

If they were at least original and actually made the other pets look good compared to felhunter without nerfing felhunter it'd be another different story.

So here they asked me "Piroxz, what's your secret to achieve Challenger 8 in a row?"
So I answered: "Money, Bitches, Weed"

#16 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:24 AM

Well if they want us to use multiple pets they have to put our silence on THE LOCK. Even moonkins will be able to silence in cata, there is no reason that we should be expected to use 5 different pets for different situations (aka burning a soulshard at the start of every game and 1/2 way through once the enemy has used X cooldown we needed to dispel)

Im all for having a pet with a defensive dispel and a pet with an offensive dispel. Just give the felhunter a grounding totem effect on a 30s CD to keep up with its anti caster role and give spelllock to the warlock just like counterspell silence windshear and silencebeam whateverthefuck its called moonkins are getting.

I'll ignore your specious reasoning and simply state the Solar Beam, the moonkin silence, will be extremely different from other silences such as CS/Spell lock/Silence/Strangulate, as it won't really effect players that are on the run. It will mainly serve as an off-target silence, since the only way to stay in it is to be rooted, and DPSing a rooted player will technically un-silence them.

In summary, apples =/= oranges.

#17 betruger

betruger
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:12 AM

I would honestly prefer if they removed defensive dispels from us completely and gave us some tools to reduce damage kite and escape during the times while our healer was eating CC. Dont see much to say we wont just be drain tanks eating damage in cata.

And if the philosophy is to remove all defensive dispels from dps classes then i assume ele and enh should lose tremor as well.

Not sure if a like a world where the healer is the only viable CC target.

Basically the imp is a retarded POS that should never see the inside of an arena for any reason, give the defensive dispel to the voidwalker if we must have it so we can at least grab a shield once in a while, would at least make more sense since he is the defensive pet.

And yes i stand by warlocks getting the interrupt rather than the pet. I dont like the idea of being balanced around casters with one pet out and balanced against melee with another pet out balanced against CC classes if you constantly swap pets to interrupt and then dispel. This simply leads to being fucked in the ass if you have he wrong pet and limits our ability to use this whole new soulshard system by costantly having to swap pets or get raped.

The pet should be a bonus ability or two that benefit you against a certain class not the only thing that lets you survive a certain class.

#18 Relmesh

Relmesh
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:15 AM

Fuck you guys, SINGE MAGIC OWNS

LOLOLOLOL
Posted Image
http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=130749 -- DURRstruction, an epic chapter in the story of Destruction Warlocks. Prepare to lol.

http://www.youtube.com/user/onionburst (For Cataclysm Beta footage, PvP, duels, mechanics, fun.)

#19 Denadyne

Denadyne
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

well the fact of the matter is, this isn't going to give diversity to warlock pet choices, since we will always go for the fel hunter, always.

so all they are doing is nerfing the pet we will be using.

this.
we will always use the felhunter for the spell lock / interrupt... so it's really a nerf than a giving us more choices to choose from

#20 Synze

Synze
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:37 AM

hey guys warlocks are OP

let's nerf one of the last interesting, somewhat skill based abilities they have

hero rog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<