Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:18. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Warrior help with Macro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tuffet

tuffet
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:46 PM

Hi guys.
Nice forum and glad to see that you are keeping it very serious.
I have a few questions about macros.
Im at 2020 with my druid friend and the games are getting pretty tough and I want to step up a lvl with some macros but are trouble getting them to work the way I want to.

First I have an intervene macro:
/cast defensive stance
/target quechua (arena mates name)
/cast intervene

Problem here is that i have to klick it twice, cant get it to work with one click.
Is there any way to do that?

Second is spell reflection macro.

/cast defensive stance
/equip 1h
/equip shield
/cast spell reflection

Problem here is that when i use it in battle or zerker stance it swaps to defensive and equip s/s but then says "ability isnt ready yet" and i have to klick it again to cast spell reflection.
If im already in defensive stance I swaps to s/s but then says "must have a shield equipped" and forces me to klick again for spell reflection.
How can I get this to work the way I want to?
I would also like to add a "/equip 2h weapon" in the same macro that activates with a second klick on the macro.
If i add "/equip 2h" it totally screws the macro because it casts spell reflection and then swaps to 2h rightr away canceling the buff.

Pls help me out.
Thanks in advance.

**EDIT**
To answer the reply. well then macro is totally useless since if i manually cast defensive stance and intervene i dont get affected by any gc hence making it faster.
GC only applies to other stance switches and not other abilities so if i just go into def stance and intervene I can do that much faster than a macro that goes "cast defensive stance /cast intervene."
Also I can just have a slot for my shiled in interface and klick that and right after klick spell reflection without any gc but if i use macro to equip items and spell reflect i get "must have shield" or "ability istn ready yet"
Wheres the logic in that?

#2 Dregath

Dregath
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Frostwolf
  • Blutdurst

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

First I have an intervene macro:
/cast defensive stance
/target quechua (arena mates name)
/cast intervene

Problem here is that i have to klick it twice, cant get it to work with one click.
Is there any way to do that?

No.

Second is spell reflection macro.

/cast defensive stance
/equip 1h
/equip shield
/cast spell reflection

Problem here is that when i use it in battle or zerker stance it swaps to defensive and equip s/s but then says "ability isnt ready yet" and i have to klick it again to cast spell reflection.
If im already in defensive stance I swaps to s/s but then says "must have a shield equipped" and forces me to klick again for spell reflection.
How can I get this to work the way I want to?
I would also like to add a "/equip 2h weapon" in the same macro that activates with a second klick on the macro.
If i add "/equip 2h" it totally screws the macro because it casts spell reflection and then swaps to 2h rightr away canceling the buff.

Pls help me out.
Thanks in advance.

# showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]
/equipslot 16 1h
/equipslot 17 shield

What it does:
If you are in zerker stance, it will swap to def stance and equip 1h+shield. Than you have to press again to activate reflection.
if you are in battle/def stance you have to press also twice. in the first step it will equip 1h/shield and than you can cast reflect.

To switch Weapons use:
/equipslot 16 1h
/equipslot 17 shield
/equipslot 16 2h

You can generally say that you can't do 2 things with Cooldown in 1 klick for obviously reasons.

#3 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:50 AM

Yea basically theres a gcdish thing when you swap to a shield so you cant do it in 1 button. I use
# showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3,equipped:Shields] Defensive Stance
/equip [noequipped:Shields] Crest of the Sha'tar
/equip [noequipped:Weapons] Drakefist Hammer

And I have my 2hander bound right next to that macro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users