Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:36. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

League of Legends fanbois

• Please log in to reply
9102 replies to this topic

#41 Neilyaxoxo

Neilyaxoxo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

As I mainly play random or with some guildies, I main Poppy atm. She's just the most badass hero champ killer there is.

Flash-charging someone to a wall then proceeding to take 50% of his HP with D-Strike while tanking a whole team with ult is just fun.

Think I one-hitted a Ryze or so once with Q when I was fed hard.

PS: How many times did you lose a 100% sure win because your team is just fucking ass stupid? Instead of pushing when we have a huge advantage, they farm, scattered all over the map to just get this one more item while I type my fingers sore "PLEASE LET'S GO ALL TOGETHER AND FINISH THIS". Why, oh why do people lack the most basic of any tactic? Why do they farm way into enemy territory, alone, where they can see him? Why do people focus tanks who don't even have taunts? How can people be level 30 and not learn even the most basic ideas? What is the train of thought leading people to think "OH MY TEAMMATE POPPY IS COMING TO GANK HIM BECAUSE HE'S IN A GOOD POSITION NEAR OUR TOWER, I BETTER SCARE HIM AWAY AND PUSH NOW, SOMETHING I DIDN'T DO THE WHOLE TIME I WAS LANING SO OUR TOWER IS AT 30% AND THEIRS AT 100% EVEN THOUGH MY CHAMP IS THE BETTER LANER"?

Really raging hard about all this stupidity, when I go 20/2/2 in a game, killing half of them alone while they randomly run around like chicken, then I run away low, get out alive and then they charge in and die. No shit, who would attack an enemy team focusing an ult'ing poppy, that's just stupid isn't it.

Also, how the hell on earth do you go 0/8/0 in 12 minutes? What does go on in brains of people when the enemy team in late game is missing for some time and I ping like mad on baron and they go jungling, then the enemy team pops out with, who would have thought this, baron buff and pushes us to death.

And those fiddly ass feeders on the enemy team who go like 3/15/1 and they win because of said team of mine and they go "HAHAHA I OWNED YOU" in chat after we lost.

can you give me a good itembuild for poppy? might try her as she only costs 1350 points
inactive till cataclysm

#42 WarpedAcorn

WarpedAcorn
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Earthen Ring
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

I found Master Yi to be incredibly good...and cheap to buy. I also bought Mordekaiser, and enjoyed him until I started getting irked about having no escapes (but he could lane like a MF'er and had awesome end game potential). So if Morde starts getting ganked early on then you're F'd.

Right now I'm saving for Twitch. Only 1700 more points. XD
"You Must Eat Bitter Before You Can Taste Sweet"
"I See No Virtue Where I Smell No Sweat"
"Damaged People Are Dangerous, They Know They Can Survive"

#43 Xileh

Xileh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

can you give me a good itembuild for poppy? might try her as she only costs 1350 points

Here's the one I use :

Get either doran's shield first or mana crystal + 2 health pots
Then buy simple boots
Then sheen
Then deathfire's grasp
Then zhonya's
Then upgrade sheen to lichbane
Boots : upgrade whenever you feel like it to either sorcerer's or mercury or tabi
This takes a lot of money so you should not be able to get anything else, if you do I'd probably go for codex (book of the ancients ?) or even soulstealer

Skills : take charge first and then max devastating blow with one point in the speed boost and then put pts in charge and last speed boost

#44 WarpedAcorn

WarpedAcorn
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Earthen Ring
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

Here is a good clip you all might enjoy.

"You Must Eat Bitter Before You Can Taste Sweet"
"I See No Virtue Where I Smell No Sweat"
"Damaged People Are Dangerous, They Know They Can Survive"

#45 Eustach

Eustach
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

Could you explain the matchmaking to me, please?

Just had a game where the enemy team was 4x lvl 30 with 250 - 500 wins (Edit: oddly enough, the 5th was a lvl 4, probably a reroll).
and my team was 15 - 21 with the best of them 70 games won.

Of course they fed like no tomorrow, the urgot going 0 - 7 by the 15th minute lol.

I stopped playing for half a week after I raged because it's so often set up like this. I started again and two matches, I had at 2 and 3 hardcore feeders, respectively.

Matchmaking should really take into consideration how the people played the match actually. Like, stats (kill, death, damage, healing, assists). Can't believe it does with matches set up like 5x in favor of one team. I'm sick of laning well, having very good stats and still losing 3, 4 matches in a row until I get a half-decent team.
Posted Image

#46 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:19 AM

Matchmaking is just terrible.

I went up to something like 1620 with my placement rating, then got queued with a chain of teams where the next highest person to me was 140 rating below me, dropped to 1480, and then my placement rating was gone.

So basically I'm stuck at 1400-1500 because 90% of the people who queue are complete shit, and the team with the least retards or most faceroll champions wins. It's not possible to get back to the rating where every game is a good one, because I only get 10-12 rating per win. I'd need a HUGE chain of wins, which isn't going to happen with the level of retardation present.

#47 Eustach

Eustach
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:17 AM

It escaped my understanding in dota already how people lack the most basic of understanding of any tactics, and how they value finishing their item build higher than winning. I mean, the items are gone afterwards, and who cares anyway?

And then they cry when they die because they dip in with a heavy disadvantage or are running in stupid places and complain because you didn't stay/come and help them. Do they feel better if someone's dying pointlessly with them? And other way around, people running away like chickens way too early.

I'm really not the best player, not even 30 yet, but I brought a lot of concepts with me from dota, where lacking map awareness kills you much faster AND gives the enemies a bigger advantage (as you lose gold and gold is much harder to come by in dota).
Posted Image

#48 Journ

Journ
  • Jorrn
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

And then they cry when they die because they dip in with a heavy disadvantage or are running in stupid places and complain because you didn't stay/come and help them. Do they feel better if someone's dying pointlessly with them?

Happens to me often but then I realize I'm Xin Zhao and get a quadra kill.

#49 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:32 AM

first question: garen, tank or carry, whats "more viable"
second question: is garen a good champ for a competitive 3vs3 team
third question: flat health or dodge or health at level 18 runes?? (for yellow ones)

#50 Kharmi

Kharmi
  • Kharmi
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:37 AM

im playing lol for 3 days now,never played it be4 and its rly easy,my first hero is garen and im going for DPS - most of the time i clearly dominate and carry my team (especially in 3v3)
im nearly lvl 14 now and doing good unless im playing with rly stupid feeding faggots.

#51 Neilyaxoxo

Neilyaxoxo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:28 AM

try garen with multiple sunfire capes. You'll end up at 4,5k health, 80% dmg reduce due to armor and insane dmg from the capes :P One game i had boots + 5 sunfirecapes (i was fed as hell) and went 36-1-6, i laned with a taric buddy tho and stun + bladestorm in early game is fuckin ridicolous...

As for Ezreal:
I really don't get how you deal damage in late midgame/lategame. If you go for Attack Damage the only thing that does competitive dmg is Mystic Shot but it's almost impossible to hit it in teamfight. I only use Essence Flux to buff my mates and the teleport to finish someone off or escape.

So basically the only thing you do in endgame is Trueshot Barrage, autoshots and try to position for a Mystic Shot? Maybe im using a wrong build:
Shen
Bloodthirster
Trinity's Force
inactive till cataclysm

#52 Cloudeh

Cloudeh
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

Don't go sunfires on Garen, it's even mediocre when they only have physical so even worse if there's magic users rofl.

first question: garen, tank or carry, whats "more viable"
second question: is garen a good champ for a competitive 3vs3 team
third question: flat health or dodge or health at level 18 runes?? (for yellow ones)

Garen is a better dps as tank (/survival) than he would be as pure damage build.

Get Leviathan since you will be getting the kills in your lane (dont steal on purpose tho, unless they dont mind you getting stacks)
Then magic resist boots or ninja tabi
phage -> frozen mallet
aegis (or get this before phage/frozen mallet if you feel it'll be better)
atma's impaler (start with cloak of agility)
and as last item it's up to you, sometimes ghostblade will do the job but I usually get guardian's angel to protect my stacks instead.

Yellow = Dodge runes (not as effective till lvl 30 when you gain the +10% speed on dodges tho, but still)

#53 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

try garen with multiple sunfire capes. You'll end up at 4,5k health, 80% dmg reduce due to armor and insane dmg from the capes :P One game i had boots + 5 sunfirecapes (i was fed as hell) and went 36-1-6, i laned with a taric buddy tho and stun + bladestorm in early game is fuckin ridicolous...

As for Ezreal:
I really don't get how you deal damage in late midgame/lategame. If you go for Attack Damage the only thing that does competitive dmg is Mystic Shot but it's almost impossible to hit it in teamfight. I only use Essence Flux to buff my mates and the teleport to finish someone off or escape.

So basically the only thing you do in endgame is Trueshot Barrage, autoshots and try to position for a Mystic Shot? Maybe im using a wrong build:
Shen
Bloodthirster
Trinity's Force

That build is for Mystic Shot spam, which has bad late game damage. The Mystic Shot damage is still good, but it will rarely land due to minions and tanks blocking it.

The Infinity Edge build (no Sheen or Trinity) is meant to make Ezreal into a real physical carry. With that build, Mystic Shot is more used just to poke and keep passive stacks up.

#54 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

Garen is a better dps as tank (/survival) than he would be as pure damage build.

Get Leviathan since you will be getting the kills in your lane (dont steal on purpose tho, unless they dont mind you getting stacks)
Then magic resist boots or ninja tabi
phage -> frozen mallet
aegis (or get this before phage/frozen mallet if you feel it'll be better)
atma's impaler (start with cloak of agility)
and as last item it's up to you, sometimes ghostblade will do the job but I usually get guardian's angel to protect my stacks instead.

Yellow = Dodge runes (not as effective till lvl 30 when you gain the +10% speed on dodges tho, but still)

bladestorm does not proc frozen mallet afaik so what im a gonna do autohit them to dead? :> no but seriously, go a bit further, tell me your runes for this build (atm im going arp in reds, dodge in yellow, cdr in blue and flat helath quint, spec is usually 9/21/0), item build is:
Ruby Crystal
That item that looks like a turtle and gives you gold/10 sec
+3 movement speed boots
if im owning: sword of the occult and then guardians
if not either upgrade that turtle thing to that ultra tank item with aoe slow (when its a melee based enemy team) or get that mres/mucho health regen item (if enemy team is magic based)
after that its defo a guardians and game is pmuch over

summoner spells either ignite/exhaust for 3s or ghost/exhaust (if enemy team has 2 stuns/fears/taunt or less)
or cleanse/exhaust (if they have 3 stunners/taunters/etc)

#55 Neilyaxoxo

Neilyaxoxo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

Man this fucks me up, we've been playing premade 5v5 alot, our Setup is

Lane: Morgana/Ezreal
Mid: Vlad
Lane 2: ???

We totally pwn with Morgana/Ezreal, often pulled off double kills at level 3-5 and stuff, Vlad is a beast in mid, but our second lane sucks so fuckin hard.

We really can't think of a second lane, games often became extremely close coz our second lane gets farmed hard while we really own the other lane :P

What is a good general combination of 2 champions? Both of them have 7000+ IP and can buy any champion. We tried ChoGath/Trnydamere, ChoGath/Ryze, Zilean/Ryze, Zilean/Tryndamere nothing really worked well :(
inactive till cataclysm

#56 Kharmi

Kharmi
  • Kharmi
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

omfg im going crazy as garen (while my mate is dps olaf) we nearly rape every lane and endgame

#57 Kzrs

Kzrs
  • Karzerus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

I have no idea what anyone is talking about in this thread.
Posted Image
From Disaster to Master - SC2 (Bronze)

#58 Groundead

Groundead
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:18 AM

bladestorm does not proc frozen mallet afaik so what im a gonna do autohit them to dead? :> no but seriously, go a bit further, tell me your runes for this build (atm im going arp in reds, dodge in yellow, cdr in blue and flat helath quint, spec is usually 9/21/0), item build is:
Ruby Crystal
That item that looks like a turtle and gives you gold/10 sec
+3 movement speed boots
if im owning: sword of the occult and then guardians
if not either upgrade that turtle thing to that ultra tank item with aoe slow (when its a melee based enemy team) or get that mres/mucho health regen item (if enemy team is magic based)
after that its defo a guardians and game is pmuch over

summoner spells either ignite/exhaust for 3s or ghost/exhaust (if enemy team has 2 stuns/fears/taunt or less)
or cleanse/exhaust (if they have 3 stunners/taunters/etc)

Your q procs frozen mallet, so you get a move speed increase, a silence and a slow all in one. Garen is best suited as a tank, because you have to be in their face spinning to do damage at all, and if you can't survive then it's pointless.

If people spend more time dead then alive, why are they so materialistic?

#59 Illoena

Illoena
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:39 AM

We totally pwn with Morgana/Ezreal, often pulled off double kills at level 3-5 and stuff, Vlad is a beast in mid, but our second lane sucks so fuckin hard.

We really can't think of a second lane, games often became extremely close coz our second lane gets farmed hard while we really own the other lane :P

What is a good general combination of 2 champions? Both of them have 7000+ IP and can buy any champion. We tried ChoGath/Trnydamere, ChoGath/Ryze, Zilean/Ryze, Zilean/Tryndamere nothing really worked well :(

nasus, kayle (can be hard to 1v2 with), nidalee, anivia or shen solo with an udyr, warwick or amumu jungling (amumu / anivia being the strongest choices there imo). Either that or shen and some random ranged dps if you prefer to have 2 in lane.

#60 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/0/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 957
  • 3v3: 2074
  • RBG: 192

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

akali+taric

(thats that game i played with you)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users