Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:36. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

League of Legends fanbois

• Please log in to reply
9102 replies to this topic

#21 WarpedAcorn

WarpedAcorn
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Earthen Ring
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

Actually the only broken thing with vlad is I think his pool skill, which makes him totally ungankable ever, he just can stand in the middle of creeps not caring about the map and do his shit, and when someone comes from a gank "hehe ill just turn into a pool and get to that tower here"

That is effectively his "L8r Sk8r" or "[email protected]" move.
"You Must Eat Bitter Before You Can Taste Sweet"
"I See No Virtue Where I Smell No Sweat"
"Damaged People Are Dangerous, They Know They Can Survive"

#22 Xileh

Xileh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

That is effectively his "L8r Sk8r" or "[email protected]" move.

Don't really know how to interprete this, but comparing to other escape mechanics, it is far superior.. (can't be damaged / targeted, yeah right)

#23 Steef

Steef
  • Steef
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

he was saying that the hero has the " i should've died but i didn't cause it's me so too bad" attitude
Posted Image

#24 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

Yo guys, add me. Mouzi is my name. I need bros to play with.
Posted Image

#25 Broxxis

Broxxis
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Spent some IP on Udyr yesterday by far one of the strongest characters if played correctly

#26 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

Ezreal's a super qt, doesn't look like Naruto.

I main Ezreal, Soraka, Shen, and Veigar. I'm working on Kayle. I also sort of main Kennen, but obviously he's not viable, so I rarely play him and never in ranked games.

#27 Groundead

Groundead
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

I main garen and steal your kills all day, get @ me.

If people spend more time dead then alive, why are they so materialistic?

#28 Neilyaxoxo

Neilyaxoxo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:19 AM

ye i main garen too, also ezreal a little :P
Maybe i'll get something like ryze just to nuke the shit outta some kids :P

@Yen: Do you play Ez with an attackpower or an ability points build? And why do you prefer one of them?
inactive till cataclysm

#29 Adversa

Adversa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2652
  • RBG: 768

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

When I play Ez i usually go for Attack Damage over AP.

I created a suggestion post for it and it got shot down, hopefully you can do better with this one :P

Posted Image

#30 ohi

ohi
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:00 AM

i play rammus a lot hes cool : D

#31 Kharmi

Kharmi
  • Kharmi
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

garen <3

#32 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

ye i main garen too, also ezreal a little :P
Maybe i'll get something like ryze just to nuke the shit outta some kids :P

@Yen: Do you play Ez with an attackpower or an ability points build? And why do you prefer one of them?

I play AD Ezreal. I have played both, though.

AP Ezreal isn't really viable at higher levels of play. There are just a lot of problems with him.
  • Weak mid game, but strong late game
  • Can't take advantage of late game if mid game goes badly
  • Somewhat reliant on team feeding him through the mid game
  • Very poor farming ability during the mid game
  • Needs Arcane Shift to do competitive damage, which is very dangerous to use offensively

AD Ezreal, on the other hand, is very strong at every stage of the game. It's impossible to shut him down in the laning phase, his farming ability is great all game, and his damage grows linearly. The only problem is Mystic Shot isn't reliable in team fights, where you sometimes can't hit anyone but tanks or minions. This is countered by building for physical damage, rather than Mystic Shot spam, though.

Also everyone who mains Garen is a gigantic homosexual. Hate Garen so much.

#33 Neilyaxoxo

Neilyaxoxo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

haha :P my friends force me to main garen <.<

We got a pretty sick 5s team atm:

Lane 1: Taric/Garen
Mid: Vlad
Lane 2: ChoGath/Ryze

Taric/Garen Lane and Vlad Mid seems pretty much perfect, but we think Cho'Gath/Ryze isnt the best comb :P can you tell me another lane comb that fits to our setup and is better than ChoGath/Ryze?

According to AD Ezreal, can you give me an item build for him? And all you do is spam autoshot and sometimes mystic shot if in range?
inactive till cataclysm

#34 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

Mystic Shot range is huge, you basically spam it until the other team is retreating or adequately tanked, then you go to town with physical attacks and just use it to keep five stacks of your passive up. Save Astral Shift for escaping or when you're sure you can chase/kill with it, but don't use it just to reposition yourself in the middle of a team fight.

My build for AD Ezreal is for carrying and goes something like:
Doran's Blade
Wiggle's Lantern
Boots of Swiftness or Greaves
Infinity Edge
Bloodthirster
Guardian Angel
Sell Doran's Blade for second Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver, but games never last this long

Alternative build is stronger early/mid game, but can't really carry, it focuses on just spamming the shit out of Mystic Shot and shouldn't have any mana issues. It's safer for newer players:
Sheen
Boots of Swiftness
Bloodthirster
Trinity Force (upgrade Sheen)
Bloodthirster
Guardian Angel
Bloodthirster

#35 Neilyaxoxo

Neilyaxoxo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

ok, I'll try the 2nd build in some games. Do you ever use Essence Flux for dmg? Seems not like it's hitting really hard with AD build, well, even True Shot Barrage doesnt seem like a real nuke :P
inactive till cataclysm

#36 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

No, first build doesn't have the extra mana for Essence Flux, it runs out really fast with just Mystic Shot.

Second build can use it more often, but I'd only use it early game to slow in a 1v1, otherwise just to buff allies.

Trueshot Barrage is just for a bit of added damage before/during a team fight, or to snipe a runner.

#37 Eustach

Eustach
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

As I mainly play random or with some guildies, I main Poppy atm. She's just the most badass hero champ killer there is.

Flash-charging someone to a wall then proceeding to take 50% of his HP with D-Strike while tanking a whole team with ult is just fun.

Think I one-hitted a Ryze or so once with Q when I was fed hard.

PS: How many times did you lose a 100% sure win because your team is just fucking ass stupid? Instead of pushing when we have a huge advantage, they farm, scattered all over the map to just get this one more item while I type my fingers sore "PLEASE LET'S GO ALL TOGETHER AND FINISH THIS". Why, oh why do people lack the most basic of any tactic? Why do they farm way into enemy territory, alone, where they can see him? Why do people focus tanks who don't even have taunts? How can people be level 30 and not learn even the most basic ideas? What is the train of thought leading people to think "OH MY TEAMMATE POPPY IS COMING TO GANK HIM BECAUSE HE'S IN A GOOD POSITION NEAR OUR TOWER, I BETTER SCARE HIM AWAY AND PUSH NOW, SOMETHING I DIDN'T DO THE WHOLE TIME I WAS LANING SO OUR TOWER IS AT 30% AND THEIRS AT 100% EVEN THOUGH MY CHAMP IS THE BETTER LANER"?

Really raging hard about all this stupidity, when I go 20/2/2 in a game, killing half of them alone while they randomly run around like chicken, then I run away low, get out alive and then they charge in and die. No shit, who would attack an enemy team focusing an ult'ing poppy, that's just stupid isn't it.

Also, how the hell on earth do you go 0/8/0 in 12 minutes? What does go on in brains of people when the enemy team in late game is missing for some time and I ping like mad on baron and they go jungling, then the enemy team pops out with, who would have thought this, baron buff and pushes us to death.

And those fiddly ass feeders on the enemy team who go like 3/15/1 and they win because of said team of mine and they go "HAHAHA I OWNED YOU" in chat after we lost.
Posted Image

#38 Xileh

Xileh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

^
Many people think the point of the game is killing enemy champs
(including many lvl 30 people)

I mean they know the point is to destroy the enemy Nexus, but when they have the opportunity to push, they don't do it, and they don't even know when it's a good time to push, because their only interest lies in farming and ganking every enemy visible on the minimap.

#39 WarpedAcorn

WarpedAcorn
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Earthen Ring
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

Its a balance between ganking enemy Champs and pushing lanes. Really it took me awhile to get comfortable with the fact the first 10ish levels are about ganking enemies, then its about traveling as a pack to gank enemy champs and push a tower. Because really you need dead Champs on long rez CD's to get a good push.
"You Must Eat Bitter Before You Can Taste Sweet"
"I See No Virtue Where I Smell No Sweat"
"Damaged People Are Dangerous, They Know They Can Survive"

#40 Eustach

Eustach
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

Late game it's pretty much "win teamfight -> push hard", but yeah, I hate those people who artifically prolong the game to get more items and crit harder or whatever. I don't care about K/D I want to win. It's just that I main Poppy and so naturally, I get lots of kills. It's just so frustrating that I can 1v3 enemies late game and we still lose because I can't push for my life as Poppy.
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users