#681 tika

tika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/2/1

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hunter pets are getting massive buffs and major changes, I'm really getting excited to start playing my class in cata. The only minor change we need is a mend pet buff imo

http://wow-petopia.c...es.html#changes

#682 Granter

Granter
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

mend pet have already been buffed.

A tanking pet with 40% more healing, 100% more as BM, and glyphed. You can heal your pet from 0-50% health in around 20seconds?

no matter if he got 20 or 50k health.

#683 zewaz

zewaz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

not sure if anyone has tried out survival, but at 80 at least it's very very good, it plays like a cross between an affliction lock and unholy dk imo. hunters mark/serpent sting/black arrow/es on any target is quite a scary row of debuffs to have, throw in lower trap cooldowns, much higher damage arcane shot spam because of the mastery, the 10% haste buff for your group (good synergy with melee) and you get a pretty good spec that is very fun to play imo. Lack of silencing shot is a shame, but other than that i enjoy the playstyle. it's probably different at 85 but i'd recommend giving it a shot on the ptr for fun.

ye, atm in beta as lvl 85, survival is ~2k dps ahead from BM and MM. I tried to play it in bg-s. But the thing is you pretty much can't use arcane shot outside of rapidfire/heroism.
venom -> sting -> black arrow -> es and you are almost 0 focus. So u need ~3 cobra shots in order to gain back 37 focus needed for new explosive shot. And after doing 3 cobra shots, you es is out of cd. At least it was hard for me to squeeze arcane shots into rotation...maybe you can squeeze 1 in, but definitely not more :/
Posted Image

#684 Areez

Areez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

ye, atm in beta as lvl 85, survival is ~2k dps ahead from BM and MM. I tried to play it in bg-s. But the thing is you pretty much can't use arcane shot outside of rapidfire/heroism.
venom -> sting -> black arrow -> es and you are almost 0 focus. So u need ~3 cobra shots in order to gain back 37 focus needed for new explosive shot. And after doing 3 cobra shots, you es is out of cd. At least it was hard for me to squeeze arcane shots into rotation...maybe you can squeeze 1 in, but definitely not more :/

if you lock n load with a trap, es will be free and you can either choose to follow up with a free arcane shot or another es if you know you will not burst the targ down. the spec is mainly dot based anyways, having a full row is a good bit of damage on someone

#685 zewaz

zewaz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

oh ye, forgot to add LnL situation to my previous post. In that case indeed you can spam arcane :P
Posted Image

#686 Drakkur

Drakkur
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/1/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1338
  • 3v3: 1867
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1146

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

mend pet have already been buffed.

A tanking pet with 40% more healing, 10% more as BM, and glyphed. You can heal your pet from 0-100% health in around 13seconds?

no matter if he got 20 or 50k health.

it would be 25% healing over 13sec, plus 40% extra healing (so 36% is overall) then 10% more which would put it just shy of 40% of total health over 13 sec. i in no way used a calc just a ruff estimate of how the numbers look.

#687 Celade

Celade
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

it would be 25% healing over 13sec, plus 40% extra healing (so 36% is overall) then 10% more which would put it just shy of 40% of total health over 13 sec. i in no way used a calc just a ruff estimate of how the numbers look.

The 25% healing is over 10 seconds, not over 13, but with the +10% healing and +40% healing received that would be 50% over 13 seconds (2 casts).

With 40% extra healing from the glyph of Mending that would be 70% total pet hp over 13 seconds or slightly over 50% in 10 seconds, which isn't too bad I guess. Not going to save your pet from 2 dps, but it will help the healer with keeping him alive - which is badly needed as they still haven't done anything about the ress time...

#688 Cinderglow

Cinderglow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

The 25% healing is over 10 seconds, not over 13, but with the +10% healing and +40% healing received that would be 50% over 13 seconds (2 casts).

With 40% extra healing from the glyph of Mending that would be 70% total pet hp over 13 seconds or slightly over 50% in 10 seconds, which isn't too bad I guess. Not going to save your pet from 2 dps, but it will help the healer with keeping him alive - which is badly needed as they still haven't done anything about the ress time...

Might as well mend and then dismiss if he's getting double trained. Lol

#689 Infjustice

Infjustice
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anub'arak
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

not really hunter stuff but it's related.

Healers goes oom faster now, what about caster dps, how fast do they go oom? Just trying to figure out what sort of advantages you have by having never ending resources.

is't possible to kill a healer now in a duel? in tbc you would kill a healer by kiting him untill he went oom but since the retarded regain of wotlk you are lucky if you manage to get him below 90% mana.

I've played an ele shaman (while testing quests / dungeons, it's a lot easier) and the only time I really get low on mana is if I aoe a lot with earthquake, dispel or heal (which is quite weak, good thing in my opinion dps is for dps). Not sure about the healer thing, don't do too much dueling, but I've heard others commenting earlier in some thread that they were beating them with some ease.

#690 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

And about the joke, I got that it was a reference to Levidia, hence the ;), but I guess my sense of humour is just strange... :o

You're right, my bad. I totally missed that ;) actually. My eyes just slipped right over it.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#691 Infjustice

Infjustice
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anub'arak
  • Whirlwind

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:35 AM

Few buffs

Marksmanship

* Flare now lasts 20 secs.
* Tranquilizing Shot now costs 20 Focus, down from 35 Focus.
* Aimed Shot now scales from 48% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 31%.
* Arcane Shot nos cales from 4.2% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 4%.

Survival

* Explosive Shot now scales from 18% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 15%.
* Freezing Trap now lasts up to 1 min, up from 20 sec.
* Hunting Party now increases your total Agility by 2%, down from 10%.
* Survival Tactics no longer reduces the resist chances of Feign Death.
* Improved Serpent Sting now also increases the periodic critical strike chance of your Serpent Sting by 5/10%.

#692 Telemanchos

Telemanchos
  • Junkies

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:27 AM

They increased flare's duration, but not its cooldown?
Massive Rogue QQ inc

#693 Celade

Celade
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

They increased flare's duration, but not its cooldown?
Massive Rogue QQ inc

As far as I know Flare has lasted 20 seconds, with a 20 second cooldown, for a long time now? :confused:

#694 Telemanchos

Telemanchos
  • Junkies

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

As far as I know Flare has lasted 20 seconds, with a 20 second cooldown, for a long time now? :confused:

Isn't it 15s? :P
I dunno rly, can check when I finally get online ^^

#695 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:49 PM

Isn't it 15s? :P
I dunno rly, can check when I finally get online ^^

No, it's been 20s duration 20s cooldown this entire expansion.

And it was still 20s duration before this. That is a tooltip change. If you look on live it says "lasts until canceled."

But it doesn't actually last forever, it still fades after 20s like it always has.

No change to Flare in that patch.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<