#21 laeden

laeden
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

* Aspect of the Monkey (Talent) is gone.

It says there under survival changes that Aspect of the Monkey talent is gone. That was a BM talent though (and a really cool one from what it looked like). Can anyone clarify if the disengage CD reduction talent from BM tree is gone?

#22 Granter

Granter
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

Why isnt there a third tier 1talent in survival tree?

I tbh dislike improved tracking alote, having to track humanoids instead of track hidden in pvp environment feels abit wrong.

#23 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:20 PM

[quote name='Megatf']Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Beast Mastery

* Cobra Shot now generates 9 focus. Up from 1 focus.
* Mend Pet no longer costs Focus.
* The Beast Within is now a Tier 6 talent. up from Tier 5.
[/quote]

Cool
[quote]
* Animal Handler is gone.
[/quote] That sucks having a physical freedom in the BM tree was pretty tits
[quote]
* Improved Mend Pet is now a Tier 2 talent. Down from Tier 4.
* Envenomation is now a Tier 4 talent. Down from Tier 3.
* Improved Kill Command is now a Tier 1 talent. Down from Tier 2.
* One with Nature now increases the AP bonus of Aspect of the Hawk by 10/20/30% (Up from 5/10/15%) and increases the amount of focus restored by Aspect of the Fox by 5/10/15%. (Up from 2/4/6%)
* Bestial Discipline is now a 3 ranks talent (Down from 4 Ranks). Increases the Focus regeneration of your pets by 10/20/30%. (Up from 6/12/18/24%)
[/quote]Sounds fine.

[quote]
Marksmanship

* Concussive Shot no longer costs Focus. Now has a 5 sec cooldown.
* Steady Shot now generates 9 Focus. (Tooltip fix)
* Arcane Shot now costs 25 focus, down from 50 focus. Additional damage halved, AP scaling remains the same.
[/quote]Curious on the reason for Arcane shot, was it just doing too much damage?

[quote]
* Resistance is Futile now gives you a chance that your next Kill Command will refund its focus cost. (Old - Gives a chance to critically hit)
* Careful Aim - Increases the critical strike chance of your Steady Shot, Cobra Shot and Aimed Shot by 20/60% on targets at or above 60% health.
* Efficiency now only reduces the cost of your Arcane Shot by 1/2/3 (Down from 2/4/6). Reduction on Explosive Shot and Chimera Shot remains unchanged.
[/quote]Careful aim looks interesting... that will be pretty 100% crit chance on targets with 60% or higher health no? Assuming we're running at least 30% crit in cata.

[quote]
Survival

* Serpent Sting now costs 25 Focus. Down from 45.
* Aspect of the Monkey (Talent) is gone.
* Expose Weakness is gone.
* Hunting Party is now a Tier 5 1-Rank talent. Down from Tier 6 2-Ranks.
* Sniper Training is now a Tier 6 talent. Up from Tier 5.[/quote][/quote]

Must be some new talents that will be introduced if they're removing monkey and EW?

I also think they should look at sniper training and give it some better PVP functionality.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#24 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

Why isnt there a third tier 1talent in survival tree?

I tbh dislike improved tracking alote, having to track humanoids instead of track hidden in pvp environment feels abit wrong.

It would be PERFECTLY fine if they would listen to logic and make track hidden a HUNTER CLASS BASELINE ABLITY JUST LIKE DETECT TRAPS IS FOR ROGUES.

That's one of the most common sense changes possible... I literally shit my pants when I see a new patch where that change isn't made.

#25 laeden

laeden
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

So you end up changing your underwear a lot then, huh?

#26 Askin

Askin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • RBG: 2233

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

It says there under survival changes that Aspect of the Monkey talent is gone. That was a BM talent though (and a really cool one from what it looked like). Can anyone clarify if the disengage CD reduction talent from BM tree is gone?

-> img441.imageshack.us/img441/5659/wowscrnshot073010141658.jpg

#27 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

So you end up changing your underwear a lot then, huh?

Yea and it sucks because I wear Ex-Officios by REI and they're like $25 a pair

#28 Astriani

Astriani
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

BM looks great atm. MM and SV still look horrible

^
Posted Image
[quote name='Felic']Just fucking look at this tournament, 0 melee cleaves.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Solemnity']I don't know about you guys but I dueled a decent disc priest on the ptr as fury and even with all my cooldowns up I couldn't kill him untill he was out of mana.../QUOTE]
Warrior @ PTR Fury

#29 laeden

laeden
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

What was the proposed new AH again?

I think it was +6 seconds on masters call and 10% increased chance for kill command to crit maybe? Not positive.

#30 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

I was trying to make a tri spec devoted to nothing by arcane shot spam

Efficiency/thrill/imp fox but I forgot you have to invest 31 in a tree :/

#31 Askin

Askin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • RBG: 2233

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

I was trying to make a tri spec devoted to nothing by arcane shot spam

Efficiency/thrill/imp fox but I forgot you have to invest 31 in a tree :/

you dont need to specc anything at all but rapid recuperation and readiness, pop rapid fire x2, turn on fox and do arcanes for the next 30 seconds. Reminds me of Icy Touch spam (only better).

#32 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

http://www.wowtal.co...4wqF.9r8.hunter

That looks like a decent MM build.

I do like how One with Nature is Tier 1 which will basically allow all 3 specs the improved hawk/fox functionality.

Does anyone have any idea how resistance is futile will work on players? Anytime they move it gives a chance or what? It seems really odd.

#33 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

I think I was the only one who didn't know this... but all specs have scatter shot

Also.. 15 focus Arcane shots are pretty amazing. In PvP gear I'm getting 8500 crits on the target dummy and with the 1 second GCD I am literally SPAMMING them out, then when it's TBW time I generate focus faster than I use it by spamming arcane shot. Then when thats done I pop fervor and I spam arcane shot even more. So far BM is amazing.

With the focus cost of Multi-shot and it's far inferior damage to Arcane shot there is no point I've seen as casting it as BM. Maybe if 3 targets are lined up the damage "might" be worth it but as is it's not.

On Dummy testing with a BM build I listed above it is insanely easy to regenerate focus, 3 steadies should top you off and you can weave those inbetween arcane shot spam when you aren't getting focused.

With early testing just spamming damage (No Scatter/Trap Launcher/Venoms) with fervor, TBW, and a few steadies weaved when I want I can literally go balls to the wall with arcane shot x infinity.

But, it makes for really boring gameplay. Literally guys, we'll be putting widow venom up, tossing a standard scatter shot, weaving in steadies/cobras like we currently do on live, then spamming no cooldown arcane shots. You thought BM was bad before? I literally feel like arcane shot is my new mutilate button and I'm spamming it like their is no tommorrow.

Be ready to put Arcane shot in a VERY comfortable spot on your keybindings because it's going to be:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW H...H...H... WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TBW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Fervor WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW H...H...H... WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW H...H...H... WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TBW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW etc.

W being my arcane shot bind and H being my steady shot bind. PS 1.0 second globals are pretty baller.
Posted Image

#34 sweep04

sweep04
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2270
  • 3v3: 2118
  • RBG: 1716

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

* Expose Weakness is gone.

Massive Disapointment for me. :(

#35 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

I think I was the only one who didn't know this... but all specs have scatter shot

Also.. 15 focus Arcane shots are pretty amazing. In PvP gear I'm getting 8500 crits on the target dummy and with the 1 second GCD I am literally SPAMMING them out, then when it's TBW time I generate focus faster than I use it by spamming arcane shot. Then when thats done I pop fervor and I spam arcane shot even more. So far BM is amazing.

With the focus cost of Multi-shot and it's far inferior damage to Arcane shot there is no point I've seen as casting it as BM. Maybe if 3 targets are lined up the damage "might" be worth it but as is it's not.

I'm going to cata it up tonight. Did they fix the pet summon issue this patch?

Edit Mega if you know anyone inside blizzard get them to put some fucking cataclysm class forums up

#36 Celade

Celade
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

It would be PERFECTLY fine if they would listen to logic and make track hidden a HUNTER CLASS BASELINE ABLITY JUST LIKE DETECT TRAPS IS FOR ROGUES.

That's one of the most common sense changes possible... I literally shit my pants when I see a new patch where that change isn't made.

What they did do is allow you to track multiple things at the same time, so you can now track Humanoids and track hidden in pvp. Basically making it a baseline ability.

Haven't tested if it actually works, but seeing as the different trackings show up in the combat log when you activate them (and when you cancel em), I'd say they at least fixed that and abolished the need for swapping tracking in arenas.

#37 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

What they did do is allow you to track multiple things at the same time, so you can now track Humanoids and track hidden in pvp. Basically making it a baseline ability.

Haven't tested if it actually works, but seeing as the different trackings show up in the combat log when you activate them (and when you cancel em), I'd say they at least fixed that and abolished the need for swapping tracking in arenas.

So you're saying each tracking is a separate buff?

That seems overly complicated but whatever.

#38 Celade

Celade
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

So you're saying each tracking is a separate buff?

That seems overly complicated but whatever.

They don't show up as a buff except in the combat log, not in your spellbook either, you can toggle them at your minimap icon which also holds the trackings for mailboxes and repair NPCs, which you can also track simultaneously now.

#39 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

I'm going to cata it up tonight. Did they fix the pet summon issue this patch?

Edit Mega if you know anyone inside blizzard get them to put some fucking cataclysm class forums up

I had a little trouble with it. Like, I put all my pets in my 5 slots where I am sopposed to be able to nab them like pokemon, then casted call stabled pet, and it won't let me interchange them. I had to fly back to the trainer (flying in ironforge is freaking awesome) put 4 of those pets back into the other stable so that way I could make sure my corehound was the only one out.

Also the 10 extra focus we're supposed to get from kindred spirits isn't working? I'm stuck at 100 focus.

Also, we can't train any new skills unless you completely drop a 450 profession I've been told.. Dunno if I want to do that yet, might see a build in a few days and I'm gonna do some number crunching and setting up keybindings/macros.
Posted Image

#40 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

I had a little trouble with it. Like, I put all my pets in my 5 slots where I am sopposed to be able to nab them like pokemon, then casted call stabled pet, and it won't let me interchange them. I had to fly back to the trainer (flying in ironforge is freaking awesome) put 4 of those pets back into the other stable so that way I could make sure my corehound was the only one out.

Also the 10 extra focus we're supposed to get from kindred spirits isn't working? I'm stuck at 100 focus.

Also, we can't train any new skills unless you completely drop a 450 profession I've been told.. Dunno if I want to do that yet, might see a build in a few days and I'm gonna do some number crunching and setting up keybindings/macros.

You ignored the most important part of my post (kidding)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<