Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

[Warlock] Wits End

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Xajin

Xajin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

So I have been trying to get to 1800 rating on one for my toons for about 6 months or more now. I have a :warlock:, :deathknight:, and :rogue: at 80. I feel that all have good enough gear to get to 1800. I have tried 1.:warlock::shaman::priest:, 2.:deathknight::priest::warrior:, 3.:priest::rogue:, 4.:deathknight::priest:, 5.:warlock::priest:, and now I'm trying :warlock::shaman:.

The :priest: in all the comps is a real life friend. I have learned that I cannot arena with him. He rages too much and blames everything on lack of gear.

The :shaman: and I have been doing 2s arena for about 2 weeks now. The only goal I have in WoW is to get an arena team to 1800. I think I can with the :shaman:.

The problem is that I feel like my friends and I are missing something. Something huge that would just make everything click and bring my skill to a whole new level.

I'm just frustrated because I see posts like:
How to carry to 1800
-and-
Anyone get 1800 with 232 heroic weaps? The many answers were yes, which I find very depressing.

Oh and today I see

youre not going to get it, 1300 with 50% win lose is terrible as anything, unless you're full green without any blues

by a high rated lock. Our win lose is 57% right now and it is dropping bit by bit the higher we go.

I have watched movies, got a lot of mods, fixed my lag the best I can, practiced a lot, read a lot of forums and guides, and even had some 1 on 1 Q&A with a higher rated lock (which he said I seemed to "have it right"). The highest rating I have gotten to is about 1650 in 2s. Then my :priest: rage quit on me saying it is too hard.

I can stomp much higher rated people (any class) in duels with great success on my :warlock: and :deathknight:. Not so much with the :rogue:, but I think that is just not being able to do X damage > Y heals off the people who can heal through my damage.

If anyone has any suggestions on other things to look into or encouragement I would appreciate it.

#2 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1524
  • 3v3: 1834
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

1) Take a screenshot of your UI and post it here for us to look at.

2) How do you communicate in a match? What are you calling out?

3) Are you chaining CC? 2s IMO is not the easiest bracket to get 1800 in, but in 3s with your RS you could pick up a Rogue and do RLS.

4) Have you read How To: Improve Your Arena Ratings?
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#3 Tomou

Tomou
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Something huge that would just make everything click and bring my skill to a whole new level.

You need to have your best friend die in front of your eyes. When Krillin died, Goku went super saiyan. Everything clicked and it brought him to a whole new power level. It worked for him.

#4 Vexxius

Vexxius
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 5v5: 1147
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

You need to have your best friend die in front of your eyes. When Krillin died, Goku went super saiyan. Everything clicked and it brought him to a whole new power level. It worked for him.

RP this way --------->

#5 Exstasy

Exstasy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1338

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

watch some high rated streams/videos and see what they're doing that you aren't

#6 gearscoreisfornerds

gearscoreisfornerds
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

honestly drain mana the healer and have your partner just focus on healing and keeping his mana up. That is plenty for 1800.

#7 Kesk

Kesk
  • Kesk
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

I would suggest getting a tree druid, going affliction and just outlasting everything. Huge margin of error so you don't need a lot of teamplay or individual skill.

About rage, people generally rage as a expression of frustration that things are out of their hands for whatever reason. It's never a good thing to rage, but it shows someone's limitations. It's one thing to rage at 2400 rating against a hard counter playing perfectly, but if he's raging at a low rating and he cannot think of anything constructive to suggest then he will probably never improve.

#8 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:05 AM

Your a little light on resilience i would consider using the resilance trinket till you can get 1800 and get more resilience 900 is gonna be nasty vs well geared warriors and rogues.

#9 Installz

Installz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

Fraps or stream some games.

#10 polycarp

polycarp
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:56 AM

:druid: :warlock: = win

I try and kit but really does not good. Then to top the cake i get hit all the time for 11k kill shot... comeon bliz really?

#11 Darshk

Darshk
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:18 AM

Focus Interrupt macros.

#12 Verb

Verb
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Dalaran
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

Win.
Posted Image

#13 Xajin

Xajin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:41 AM

Whoa! Thanks for all the posts. :D

1) s848.photobucket.com/albums/ab50/b1uefox/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_072410_000405.jpg

2) Usually call out when I want to get a CC train started and get a kill. We call out if we are locked down and unable to help each other. I call out if I need to teleport. He calls out if he needs a devour magic. We call out kill/cc targets.

I have read that calling out a little before an event (like going to fear the <blank> in 3 seconds) is better, but I haven't picked up the habit yet.

3) Yes we chain CC. At first we didn't so much, because I would have to hold my DC and use my fear defensively when I was paired with the :priest: or I would die a lot. It feels so much better knowing that I have a healer that can keep me up through a single DPS (with me using teleport/HS/trinket)till he is OOM.

I would love to do 3s. From what I have played in 3s it is way easier and it seems like your win % can be lower and you still climb, but that maybe just in my head.

4) I have read How To: Improve Your Arena Ratings. I didn't use key binds as suggested in that post for a long time because I thought that I was good/fast enough at clicking. After all I have played WoW for 5+ years and I have always clicked. Man was I wrong. I can see key binds improving my game so much. It helps with reaction time, but I think more importantly it helps with awareness. I see the fight a lot better. I used to ask myself, where did that :mage: go? Now I see it like every time. I'm still not where I want to be on key binds, but I'm getting a lot better. I even put small stickers on my keyboard to help me feel where some of the keys are located.

If I use the res trinket, which one would I drop? Should I stay in demon armor (switch if the tunnel the :shaman:)to help with healing since my res is so low? I usually switch when warriors and rogue jump on me.

I watch videos, but honestly most seem to show how someone takes advantage of someone else's major mistake. I swear I look at most of them and think to myself "I run across more skill at my level." It is hard to find teaching videos.

#14 Akoraz

Akoraz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution
  • RBG: 2067

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:49 AM

Yea, keybinding really helps. Once you get used to all of them, you should increase your rating by a good chunk. Like another poster said, try RLS. Really good atm. Also,

4) I have read How To: Improve Your Arena Ratings. I didn't use key binds as suggested in that post for a long time because I thought that I was good/fast enough at clicking. After all I have played WoW for 5+ years and I have always clicked. Man was I wrong. I can see key binds improving my game so much. It helps with reaction time, but I think more importantly it helps with awareness. I see the fight a lot better. I used to ask myself, where did that go? Now I see it like every time. I'm still not where I want to be on key binds, but I'm getting a lot better. I even put small stickers on my keyboard to help me feel where some of the keys are located.

That is genius! I want to start to move to ESDF for my movement keys and that could really help! Good luck and thanks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users