Photo

[Cataclysm] Power Infusion

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#21 Mewee

Mewee
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

No, spriests doesn't need another "burst on use" - they do already have high enough damage.

"already" means in your wotlk world?

He's referring to CATACLYSM right now, which will be a completely different game in terms of damage to health ratios, scaling factors, comps, buffs, gear and itemization.

And I agree, shadowpriests are lacking a damage cooldown (more so for PvE than PvP in current metagame) and PI fits right in.

Let's take a look at damage cooldowns come cataclysm:

Paladins: Avenging Wrath, Zealotry*
Rogues: Killing Spree, Adrenaline Rush, Blade Flurry, Vendetta*
Mages: Icy Veins, Combustion, Mirror Images, Water elemental, Time Warp*
Warriors: Death Wish, Recklessness, Bladestorm
Deathknights: Unbreakable Armor, Hysteria, Dancing rune weapon, Gargoyle, Empower Rune Weapon
Druids: Berserk, Starfall, Treants
Shamans: Feral spirit, Bloodlust Elemental mastery
Hunters: Rapid Fire, The Beast Within, (Readyness)
Warlocks: Metamorphosis
Shadowpriests: (shadowfiend)

I probably forgot a few, but some of the classes have damage increasing cooldowns coming out the rear, while ours is very mediocre and acts as 2 functions where damage dealing is the secondary and mana restoration is the primary. Giving PI to shadowpriests would be a welcome change, as long as overall damage output is balanced around it, the same way warriors are with deathwish and paladins with wings.

#22 Lutheus

Lutheus
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Runetotem
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Having a damage cooldown ain't actually that great, it means you are always slightly gimped when it is on cooldown.

By all means take demon soul if that is what you want, but remember that you will be balanced around it.

Damage cooldowns are fun, but sometimes it is nicer to spread dots and just watch your pressure slowly increase (doesn't happen often but when it does it is satisfying). I say this since I imagine shadowpriest and warlock playstyles are fairly similar. There is nothing inherently wrong with NOT having a cooldown.

#23 Ckoeko

Ckoeko
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

He's referring to CATACLYSM right now, which will be a completely different game in terms of damage to health ratios, scaling factors, comps, buffs, gear and itemization.

And I agree, shadowpriests are lacking a damage cooldown (more so for PvE than PvP in current metagame) and PI fits right in.

Deathknights: Unbreakable Armor, Hysteria, Dancing rune weapon, Gargoyle, Empower Rune Weapon

I probably forgot a few, but some of the classes have damage increasing cooldowns coming out the rear, while ours is very mediocre and acts as 2 functions where damage dealing is the secondary and mana restoration is the primary. Giving PI to shadowpriests would be a welcome change, as long as overall damage output is balanced around it, the same way warriors are with deathwish and paladins with wings.

Nice how u adress mutiple talent trees.

#24 Mewee

Mewee
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Having a damage cooldown ain't actually that great, it means you are always slightly gimped when it is on cooldown.

By all means take demon soul if that is what you want, but remember that you will be balanced around it.

Damage cooldowns are fun, but sometimes it is nicer to spread dots and just watch your pressure slowly increase (doesn't happen often but when it does it is satisfying). I say this since I imagine shadowpriest and warlock playstyles are fairly similar. There is nothing inherently wrong with NOT having a cooldown.

I don't know how shadowpriests are going to play out in cataclysm, however shadowpriests atm plays a lot more like a mage than a warlock.

We don't have the mana to keep multiple targets dotted at all times, so there's no real spread pressure as with a warlock. You rely on powerful single target damage during windows of opportunity, so not having a damage cooldown hurts us badly. We have bad ramp up time (lol im trying to get a full row of dots on this guy, casting VT, SWP, DP, now guess who we are targeting!)

This is why we rely so much on bloodlust at the moment, because killing anything outside of it can be a problem, since our targetchoices are telegraphed so easily and our mana doesn't allow any real sustained spread pressure.

I do believe shadowpriests have some of the best damage delivering mechanics, in the sense that the overall damage of the dots is delivered through a few globals (1 cast and 2 instant), but that also leaves us vulnerable to dispels, which we have no solid protection against yet either.

#25 Loreen

Loreen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

yup.. shadowpriests dont do enough damage.. your right.

I will accept this idea, if and only if they lower the baseline dmg of spriests. How about we give locks PI while were at it also.. since the DoT dmg is close to the same and they dont have a buff that helps them on demand either.

this type of sarcasm is of the worst kind, it's like me coming in to your warrior forum screaming that warriors would need an 100% ms and more arp cus 75-100% just isn't enough!

so please, good sir, fuck a duck.

#26 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Psychopomp > Herald!

Ranid assassin 4 lyf..
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#27 Magid

Magid
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

Psychopomp > Herald!

soz m8 alchemist #1

Wrath of the Lich King :D, I'm surprised your not 2600 Mr. Mage...

I run Rogue Ret Priest, so I am fully aware that priest fear shares DR with blind. The DR is roughly 10 seconds so it would be nice to get an addon that tracks it.

:D:D:D

#28 Zybak

Zybak
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/0/1/2/.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

wow so much argument over a game that isn't out yet?

P.S. Give Ferals 50% MS and the ability to use flight form in arena or you're all retarded.

#29 Coldfame

Coldfame
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

wow so much argument over a game that isn't out yet?

P.S. Give Ferals 50% MS and the ability to use flight form in arena or you're all retarded.

And no dr on fear, and it shouldnt break on dmg, plzzz?

#30 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

soz m8 alchemist #1

idd!

definetly

www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com

#31 Churika

Churika
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

While I think we can all agree SP damage is a bit over the top right now (specially lusted), we don't know how well they will perform come Cataclysm. It's retarded to argue about how OP would be to give SPriests PI right now at this state of the game. It just won't happen.

Now, I can see a possibility of Blizz making PI a baseline spell for all Priests. We all know this game is balanced around PVE and if SP can complain about lacking something is 1. burst damage (which will get solved by Mind Spike) and 2. offensive cooldowns.

We'll have to wait and see.

#32 Jrz

Jrz
  • Nragebanned
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

while youre on it make MS a baseline warrior ability, prot warriors need an MS

Spoiler

#33 Zexis

Zexis
  • Salinelol
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

how do people get r1 titles and still remain this dumb

:warrior:

I beat dan's LSD (lol you claim its an op comp)

he's saying if it was an OP comp Dan should have beat him you fucking retard

LSD Champions at their finest

#34 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Make it available to all priests, either make it baseline or make it available through tier 2 in disc tree.

It's about time we all get a proper +dmg CD.

i support this because it will lower Spriests' dependence on playing with an ele shaman plus everyother caster gets a haste buff one way or another except for boomkins but they sucks so who cares

#35 Hypé

Hypé
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

noobs
Posted Image

#36 Klöjvert

Klöjvert
  • Klöjvert
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

noobs

no u

#37 Widowned

Widowned
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/0/2/1
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

:warrior:

'Nuff said.

I haven't been too bothered by lack of a DPS cooldown since they buffed Gargoylefiend. That's a pretty good DPS cooldown.

When I play classes that have DPS cooldowns I usually find them frustrating, because you either use it at the wrong time and waste it, or forget to use it, or the class is balanced around it and feels shitty outside of it.

Not saying it wouldn't be fun to have PI though.

#38 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

why make thread about needing something in cata when you have no idea how the game is gonna turn out to be.

P.S. I would like a spammable CC, evasion+CLoS+50%MS i will need it in cata....

#39 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

People on AJ are dense. :(
Posted Image

#40 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

this is a pretty awesome list you made here, except for the fact that you're just making a strawman argument filled with your tears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<