#121 Revert

Revert
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:32 AM

the worst part about the ice barrier talent is that its not really adding anything apart from the free mana cost.

the only thing i wonder is, if you refresh barrier on 50+% and drop below, will it reproc a barrier and refresh the cd?
or are you literally just fucked and wasted 2 talents points.

ur fucked and wasted 2 talent points(by the sound of it):(

#122 angra

angra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost ./2/0/2/./2/.

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

The upcoming fire changes sound cool, but I'm not pleased with what they've done with frost at all. No more permafrost and losing 10% lance damage sounds gross. They increased the number of talents for a lot of talents too :mad:.

#123 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 770

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

Imp Freeze becoming 66% is crazy dumb. Hope that's a mistake and it's meant to be 33/66/100 for 3 points, since it's taking Brain Freeze's place in the tree.

Talent calculator shows imp freeze now as a 3pt talent:
Posted Image

I'm hoping permafrost duration won't be a big deal if Blizz removes -snare duration talents like they removed -full cc duration talents (has this been done already?).

And ya, Reactive Barrier looks like shit.

Also wtf is going on with fingers of frost? I have no idea what they want it to be, because it seems like its tooltip changes drastically every single build. At one point I think it implied Ice Lance would only receive damage bonuses if FoF was up (and not from frozen targets alone). Now it reads:

Posted Image

[e] Found one of the older FoF tooltips:

Posted Image

#124 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Does anyone know if the fire mastery ignite or w/e its called, behaves like the current ignite where it keeps pushing back the damage? If the proposed scorch changes make it through, wouldn't it be possible to spam scorch over and over and stack the DoT quite high?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#125 laeden

laeden
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

Does anyone else think it looks cool to go arcane and get imp blink AND get blazing speed from fire tree? Mages would be running around so fast all the time haha. Plus with 40 yard range on everything and pumping out slow like crazy and dispels being a lot of mana in cata, you could just keep range like mad.

#126 Icemonster

Icemonster

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:39 PM

so the way it looks for fire now, you can cast scorch while moving, and it costs no mana. Am I reading this right?

#127 Deccard

Deccard
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Die Silberne Hand
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

Yes. Lol

#128 Archmage

Archmage
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

Molten Armor up, spam scorch, fireblast with 4 sec cd and like 40+yards range, niec.

#129 Astriani

Astriani
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

Water elemental will be permanent or not?
Posted Image
[quote name='Felic']Just fucking look at this tournament, 0 melee cleaves.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Solemnity']I don't know about you guys but I dueled a decent disc priest on the ptr as fury and even with all my cooldowns up I couldn't kill him untill he was out of mana.../QUOTE]
Warrior @ PTR Fury

#130 Exiledshmoo

Exiledshmoo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

Water elemental will be permanent or not?

It lasts until it dies. Sadly its mana will not do the same.

#131 angra

angra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

It lasts until it dies. Sadly its mana will not do the same.

I don't think they're in danger of running oom as much as they are in danger of getting easily trained. Unless they upped the mana cost of their abilities, the water ele's water bolts cost next to nothing and with some replenishment I can't imagine them ever ooming.

#132 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

I don't think they're in danger of running oom as much as they are in danger of getting easily trained. Unless they upped the mana cost of their abilities, the water ele's water bolts cost next to nothing and with some replenishment I can't imagine them ever ooming.

replenishment doesn't work on the ele i don't think, and he goes OOM after like 4 or 5 Freezes

#133 abnx

abnx
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

half a second off a frostbolt every 15 seconds just seems...bad compared to the other things u can get with 2 points instead

who knows maybe when cata actually arives the talent will turn out to be alot better then it looks on paper

Yeah totally:mage:

#134 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Early Frost is not worth picking up, it totally screws with your timing in that you start a Frostbolt knowing that, say, DF will come off cooldown when it ends, but then early frost screws up your timing. There's not enough points to get everything you want anyway, that's an easy thing to drop.

#135 Holypalaswe

Holypalaswe

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

cool

#136 Bigcritz

Bigcritz
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:23 AM

Early Frost is not worth picking up, it totally screws with your timing in that you start a Frostbolt knowing that, say, DF will come off cooldown when it ends, but then early frost screws up your timing. There's not enough points to get everything you want anyway, that's an easy thing to drop.

Could you push for early frost to be a reactive ability maybe?

Whenever you crit with FB you can press the ability to get .5 seconds off FB, with like a 10 second CD. Gives dynamics to FB other than spamming it when your able to.

#137 angra

angra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:34 AM

Whenever you crit with FB you can press the ability to get .5 seconds off FB, with like a 10 second CD. Gives dynamics to FB other than spamming it when your able to.

That or make it a short activated cooldown. I don't like some of these new talents that automatically work with internal cooldowns.

#138 Bigcritz

Bigcritz
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

That or make it a short activated cooldown. I don't like some of these new talents that automatically work with internal cooldowns.

An activated short CD would be way stronger than the intention of the current talent, so I dont see them doing that. They also seem intent on not replacing R1 FB, so I see a reactive cooldown not being quite as imbalanced.

#139 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:09 AM

asking for anything that requires another keybind is a mistake, and that's a pretty cluttered design... button press to save you half a second. I wouldn't try to suggest anything that involves any additional keybinds.

It works okay for what it is, a way to reapply Deathfrost or whatever it is called without a DPS loss, assuming FFB ends up being more DPS than Frostbolt. It also works decently in PvP for not-amazing mages to actually get casts off.

#140 angra

angra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

Actually another cool idea would be a reactive talent that reduces your Ice Lance global to 1s for a short time after critting with fb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<