• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:31 AM

From mmo-champion.com

Mage - Arcane
Manipulates arcane energies, playing with the very fabric of time and space.
•Arcane Barrage
•Arcane Specialization (+arcane damage)

Mage - Frost
Freezes enemies in their tracks and shatters them with Frost magic.
•Summon Water Elemental
•Frost Specialization (+frost damage)

Mage - Fire
Ignites enemies with balls of fire and the breath of dragons.
•Pyroblast
•Molten Armor
•Fire Specialization (+fire damage)

New 31 point trees are detailed here

First impressions:
No more improved counterspell unless you choose arcane as your specialization
Improved polymorph now causes a target affected by polymorph that takes damage to be stunned for 1.5/3 seconds, again requires arcane specialization
Improved cone of cold removed, frostbite still present, reachable by any specialization

We also appear to be the only ranged damage dealer that does not gain pushback reduction automatically upon choosing a specialization, ours is located on the 2nd tier of the fire tree

#2 Cephalo

Cephalo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:37 AM

http://talent.mmo-ch...-UlRn3OO,,12479
the death of frost mages? Frost seemingly has very little to offer when compared to arcane's Imp Poly and utility when you factor in the talents that you can get in frost as arcane. Arcane mages shatter comboing in an imp poly sounds fun

Edit: Mages hitting you with an icelance at the end of every sheep for additional 3 seconds of cc
(shares stun dr?) sounds equally as fun

#3 Evilear

Evilear
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:38 AM

i dont like it :(

#4 Gunnermaniac

Gunnermaniac

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:40 AM

I'm vastly unimpressed with the talent trees as they stand. I don't feel like I have a whole lot of different choices and instead of having the same 20/0/51 as the next mage (give or take a fairly meaningless point or 2 in frost) I'm gonna have the same EXACT 10/0/31 as the next mage. For such small trees I don't think there's enough interesting, new, and fun talents like I hoped there would be. But I suppose this isn't final.

#5 Demetrious

Demetrious

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

ROFL, I love invocation. Way to encourage people to interrupt instead of blanket CS, lol!

#6 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:19 AM

so long WoW its been fun
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#7 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:21 AM

cant say the other classes fared much better, this is a fucking joke atm lol
Posted Image

#8 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:22 AM

none of the classes did .. what the fuck is blizzard doing AFFIX .. QUICK DO SOMETHING!
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#9 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

blink sprint, arcane stuff in general = boner

clearly the talent trees are nowhere near ready to go live, there's almost no choice in how to spend talents while getting to your 31pointers for most classes

#10 Gunnermaniac

Gunnermaniac

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

none of the classes did .. what the fuck is blizzard doing AFFIX .. QUICK DO SOMETHING!

Heh our lord and savior.

#11 Pootz

Pootz
  • Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:35 AM

We don't even have the same amount of talent points we did at 60, wtf.

#12 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

From the patchnotes:

"While this is a first pass on all of the talent trees, death knight, druid, paladin, warlock, Arcane mage, and Assassination rogue trees are not as far along as other specializations."

#13 angra

angra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost ./2/0/2/./2/.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:35 AM

So they remove imp coc and keep the rng talent, wow...

#14 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 770

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

frost got completely raped :mad:
no r1 frostbolt, every healer with dispel, and now no winter's chill or imp cs means a ridiculously huge nerf to mage cc in cata

i'd rather be going into cata with absolutely no mage changes than have this beta build + promised new spells

#15 Bigcritz

Bigcritz
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:42 AM

There is little to no customize ability in these talent trees.

I seriously hope this is their very very basic first try at talent trees.

Imp CoC needs to replace Frostbite. Frost Channeling should be default for frost mages along with pushback protection.

Our 3rd tier could have another 2 point talent if FoF was reduced to two points.

I mean right now it has none of what they promised. I don't see a whole lot of things that can be changed around.

Also gief imp cs to all mages.

Also: What happened to the improved arctic winds talent?

#16 angra

angra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost ./2/0/2/./2/.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:52 AM

There is little to no customize ability in these talent trees.

I seriously hope this is their very very basic first try at talent trees.

Imp CoC needs to replace Frostbite. Frost Channeling should be default for frost mages along with pushback protection.

Our 3rd tier could have another 2 point talent if FoF was reduced to two points.

I mean right now it has none of what they promised. I don't see a whole lot of things that can be changed around.

Also gief imp cs to all mages.

Also: What happened to the improved arctic winds talent?

wish they would swap imp cs and netherwind presence

This makes me wonder about some of our spells. Will CoC and frost nova still have arctic reach range/radius if we're spec'd frost or are we just fucked? This doesn't make me excited for cata at all.

#17 Bigcritz

Bigcritz
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:07 AM

Arctic reach is going to be built into all frost spells for all mages now im pretty sure.

I would really like Arcane Focus to be a trained spell as well.

Idk feeling like we need more of these talents to be built in by default. Seems like they put them there because they ran out of unique talent ideas like the arctic winds talent they had before.

#18 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

Dunno why on earth they'd nerf the % stat talents like NW presence or piercing ice(the 2nd version where it was 2/4/6% crit). Somehow reducing it from 2/4/6% to 1/2/3% is supposed to make it more appealing? Missile barrage is awkward, seems like a talent that they'll get around to fixing first in arcane(doesn't make sense that they're compressing all the talents down, and they end up leaving a signature ability at 5 points).

I've said it for a long time, but I wish they'd change glyph of blink to remove movement impairing effects, it'd be really strong, but I wish they could nerf us in another spot to give us mobility(mobility can be gained from control, but if an opponent like a DK spams CoI on you, you can still have control but pretty much no mobility. It eliminates possible bonuses of a comp with freedom, but its a frustrating downside to have.) It would fit perfectly with the new imp blink talent, it would be the ultimate mobility ability, probably changing the glyph to add 5 seconds to the CD for unfair balance(remember 12/13 sec charges?)

Looking at a possible 30/0/11 spec, and all the benefits that come with arcane passives, its looking like a pretty good spec. I used to love playing 40/0/21 back at 70 because of the ability to pop all CDs and 2 shot people in world PvP(I used frostbolt+pom frostbolt for big crits). I dunno how good frostbolt is with an arcane spec, but having some haste from talents/arc spec, looks like the cast time will probably be around 1.2-1.3(if the new 2 sec frostbolt is real) with no haste from gear. I don't feel AP is worth more than IV, but it will come down to personal experience.

One thing that seems a huge oversight, is sheeping a target thats already being shit on. Before, there was the possibility of damage being pushed back for the full 10 seconds, and thor smashing his hammer on your health bar, and this was a lazy fix. They could have changed it so that the 3 seconds of damage from the first tick of damage would count overtime(they made it work with incanter's), this would allow spam sheeping to heal 30% every time(which probably won't do anything meaningful). They decide to make it even stronger by instantly turning into a stun for 3 seconds, not allowing it to heal at all(all the great things about fear but without any of the downsides). One funny scenario is you can't use PoM sheep in a bad way at all. You sheep the kill target, no problem you just stunned it for 3 seconds, you sheep anything else, you did your job properly.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Witness

Witness
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Gorgonnash
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

That's the worst version of frost they could have implemented. Even lower damage compared to other classes. Yes you can see that just from the talent tree.
Edit: Oh and I just checked, fire is ridiculously bad, even worse than tbc fire.

#20 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

Looking at a possible 30/0/11 spec

can't spend talents in other trees until you get 31 in your first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users