Offtopic, my beta feedback thread: http://forums.worldo...567762&sid=2000
If you have suggestions about warlock mechanics that isn't listed there or if you think the things I listed there are bad, I'd like to hear it.
- Does not transfer Haunt.
- When you use it, it deals ~1k damage. The damage can crit. It removes all your dots. You gain a 20 second buff.
- If you try targeting the initial target of Soul Swap, you get an invalid target error.
- When you use Soul Swap on a new target, the dots are re-applied at full duration.
- As soon as you use Soul Swap on a new target or if the buff expires, Soul Swap goes onto a 45 second cooldown.
- The buff is magic and dispellable.
Update 4: New build
- A lot of spell sounds have been changed. Most have a new crackling sound like you're stood next to a pylon.
- Spellstone, Firestone, Unending Breath and Detect Invisibility are all gone. I don't know if this is intended.
- I need confirmation on this, but it seems that the talent "Fel Vitality" is baseline. I think this because my health is the same before and after updating, as is my pet's health even though the talent itself is gone.
- I gained 1658 mana this build, making my mana pool 36133 at level 82. It's not interesting, but I'm noting it down regardless.
- Fel Flame has a new graphic. It's a streak of green fire now. (YouTube -> it's much more noticeable ingame)
- You get UA at level 10 if you choose affliction. Felguard for demo, and conflag for destro. All at level 10.
- Felhunter dispels 2 magic effects.
Update 3: 81 to 82
- Soulburn-Pet Summon does not reset Spell Lock or Whiplash cd.
- If I cast Devour Magic on myself while not having a magic debuff, the felhunter casts it regardless and Devour goes onto cd.
- RTS style "click to move" function for pets. Demonstration ->
- Stat changes (with demo talents):
- -7.96% haste (1248 haste rating)
- -7.11% crit (1081 crit rating)
- -2.5% hit (313 hit rating)
- Note that I gained over 400 spellpower. Fel Armor got a huge increase between 81 and 82.
- Finished the whole of the first quest zone. All the quest rewards are inferior to ilvl 277 gear.
- Level 81 mobs have 24k health. Level 82 mobs have 31k.
- 5.3mil xp needed for 83. Seems to increase fast.
- It took me around 3 hours to level. Could be a beta thing but thankfully it seems like leveling in Cataclysm will be brief.
Update 2: 80 to 81
- Corruption costs 200 mana. I felt this was worth mentioning because it deals more damage than mobs have health, and your mp5 regen covers the cost of casting it. You don't even need to Life Tap while grinding.
- The health lost from Life Tap is basically insignificant. It's 3.7% of my max health for 4k mana talented.
- All dots can crit now. This includes channeled dots like Drain Life and Drain Soul. Non-channeled dots crit for 200%. Channeled dots crit for 150%. If your Drain Life crits, the healing portion also crits.
- From what I can tell, Health Funnel scales with haste.
- Detect Invisibility is still a magic effect. Unending Breath is still undispellable.
- You can't cross realIDs from beta to WoW.
- For some reason I have insane amounts of mp5. Could be a beta thing. It doesn't show on the char sheet but I've not had to cast Life Tap once so far.
- Soulburn is off the GCD.
- Channeled dots/hots all last their full, 0 haste duration. More haste just adds more ticks. This seems to be why I'm seeing 4 ticks of Soul Harvest and additional Health Funnel ticks.
- So I hit 81. Here are my stats, before and after.
- Stat changes (with demo talents):
- -11.33% haste (1248 haste rating)
- -10.13% crit (1081 crit rating)
- -3.55% hit (313 hit rating)
- Fel Flame (YouTube -> )
- 30 yard range base. 36 with destro talents.
- Hits for around 1800-2200.
- It's instant. I just have 400ms on the beta server.
- It took me roughly 2 hours to gain that level. You need 3mil xp for 80-81. You need 4mil for 81-82.
Update 1: First Impressions
- Everything is taken with a fresh char copy to the beta realm (so I'm still 80).
- 34k health in PvE gear. 12k more than live.
- 29k mana in PvE gear. 2k more than live.
- 8k armour unbuffed.
- Lost no haste, yet.
- 33k health in PvP gear. Yeah, 1k less than ICC gear.
- Soul Harvest heals for about 1800 per tick and looks like Evocation.
- Soulburn has a 30 sec cd and gives you a 10 sec buff that gives you secondary spell effects.
- If you don't use a spell in that 10 second window, you lose the buff and do not get your shard back.
- There are no low ranks of Life Tap.
- You can Soulburn-Summon pets midair. It's fully instant now.
- Soulburn-Demonic Circle gives you an 8 second sprint buff. The best spell ever just got more awesome.
- Soul Shards do not regenerate at all. Has to be done through Soul Harvest.
- The Felhunter makes a really annoying sound when it moves, like a, well, a dog.
- You gain a shard every 2 seconds of channeling Harvest Soul, contrary to what the tooltip says. The spell lasts 9 seconds, and the heal ticks every 2 seconds, 4 ticks.
- Logging off and on again restores all your shards.
- All warlock talent trees are currently just identical to live. Even Fel Domination is still there.
- Respecing still removes your pet, casted armour and mana.
- 38k health/31k mana in PvE gear with demo talents.
- Tooltips update dynamically. They tell you exact values given talents and your current spellpower.
- There is only 1 rank of Healthstone. It restores 60% of the creator's base hp. It does not cost a shard.
- Soulburn-Healthstone gives you 20% max health and lasts just 8 seconds.
- On that note, every other spell that used to use a shard, now doesn't. Even pet summons and Soul Fire.
- Infernal and Doomguard still require reagents.
- Drain Soul doesn't restore shards per tick anymore. However, it does restore all 3 shards if you are channeling and your target dies.
- Curse of Weakness reduces target's physical damage by 10% untalented. Improved Curse of Weakness still says attack power reduce. If you talent it, the tooltip changes to -12% physical.
- Curse of Elements is only 8%.
- Demon Skin (low level version of Demon Armor) is gone.
- Hellfire still kills the warlock.
- Female blood elf voice acting is really annoying.
- Fel Intelligence doesn't give int and spirit anymore. It's max mana and mp5 now.
- Whiplash (new succubus spell) works like mage pet nova, costs 87 mana and looks like Shadowfury.
- I just insta-Soulfired a bunny for 11k. Yeah, affliction burst hi.
- Soulburn-Fear is gone.
I'll add more as I play.