#122 skiitzo

skiitzo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:31 PM

PS i went ap gems and the only time i ever thought of going back was when i wanted to play survival in BGs :P

i play hd, so with dk horn i'm at about 53% crit and with might i have like 3.1k top end wep damage and 7.5ish k ap
[1:50:53 PM] idelisa: lol u just jump around with parachutes 2 hitting everything

[1:51:06 PM] Skiitzo: basically..
[1:51:27 PM] Skiitzo: LOOK AT ME FLOAAAAAAAATT CHIMERA SHOT KILL SHOT HAHAAHHAHAA -21 FOR YOU

#123 Benlax

Benlax
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Having "insert random number" crit doesn't hold much water just like any stat till 100% it doesn't all of sudden become worse the more of it you get, 0%-100% its worth the same and you'll have always have the same increase the more you increase. There is NO reason to gimp your own stats just because you already have a reasonable amount of crit (btw 53% isn't good at all with the current levels of gear and you arn't even at that unbuffed)

In my bis gear I have over 60% crit unbuffed but yet I still wear WFS since its better and crit is still a really good stat for me (might switch to H DV if I get though since I'm getting kings in my new comp and kings scales with the agi proc and which makes it slightly better)

While keeping a healthy balance of crit and ap is best, gimping your own stats isn't not the way to go around this just "because i have 53% crit"

You shouldn't be avoiding crit because you already have alot

#124 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

Having "insert random number" crit doesn't hold much water just like any stat till 100% it doesn't all of sudden become worse the more of it you get, 0%-100% its worth the same and you'll have always have the same increase the more you increase.

This is completely wrong, the more you have of a certain stat, the less valueable it becomes and the more valueable the other stats become.

This doesn't mean that you should gimp your stats on purpose, but what you said in the quote above is simply wrong. As you gain crit it becomes less and less valueable, it's just that agility is such a good stat that despite the decrease in crit value it remains better than AP.

I can see how getting AP in pvp could be useful, since it will provide deeper burst and less "sustained" dmg, I still personally prefer agility though.

#125 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

Correct, the right way to go for most stats is to balance them well. A stat doesn't 'become worse' the more you get from it, but for overall DPS it's usually better to balance every stat and not go all-out on one.

In reality though, this game doesn't allow for many gear / stat mistakes anyway, so who gives :P

#126 Sweshamanpvp

Sweshamanpvp
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Havoc 0/0/2/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1553
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSwe :P

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

KOREAAAAA
Posted Image

#127 Benlax

Benlax
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:10 AM

This is completely wrong, the more you have of a certain stat, the less valueable it becomes and the more valueable the other stats become.

This doesn't mean that you should gimp your stats on purpose, but what you said in the quote above is simply wrong. As you gain crit it becomes less and less valueable, it's just that agility is such a good stat that despite the decrease in crit value it remains better than AP.

I can see how getting AP in pvp could be useful, since it will provide deeper burst and less "sustained" dmg, I still personally prefer agility though.

A stat doesn't 'become worse' the more you get from it, but for overall DPS it's usually better to balance every stat and not go all-out on one.

^ this is all I meant

Sometimes I just say stuff a little severe to drive my point =P

#128 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:22 AM

The point is it will save you when nothing else will. My pallys eating a full duration cc, i've been feared out into the open vs spellcleave both casting, if you don't need to pop everything you have to stay alive then idk what kind of spellcleaves you have you your bgs... lava burst CL shatter combos, and chaos conflags all do well over 10k regularly. I go 9/10games not needing to use either, its only there for the 1/10 where I WILL die if i don't use them. Saving me -22 after +2+1+2+3+1 every 10games is better than having that little bit extra pressure we dont need by having a dps trinket everygame. We play a slow control game, so generally we don't have problems avoiding damage.

And you say ele/lock healer doesnt have ms, but the ele can crit you for HSheal ammount with a frost shock...

You can still use both of them simultaneously even with seperate binds :P no one said that it's never useful, we just want the option to use them separately as well.

#129 zapped

zapped
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

It might be better but only if you have korean racials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users