Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

tbh i LOVE playin survival, tho its not that good in ret/hunt/shaman :/ but i'd do it in lock/hunt/heal if i could

Mainly because i rerolled hunter to play the lame games that u did in tbc manaburning (this time its just runnin los but whatever):P

one more thing .. dmgwise surv>mm HARD in 5v5! explosive trap is huge in 5s :P

#42 Suuko

Suuko
  • Junkies

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

I'd personally love to see Blizzard get rid of Wyvern Sting and implement a more practical CC skill such as a "Net Shot" where a net is launched at someone and will CC them as long as Wyvern Sting would. It would cover their entire body from head to toe keeping them from doing anything.

The catch would be that it can't be dispelled because it is a physical net. So the team would have to DPS the net to destroy it (or trinket) much like you break people out of webs and ice blocks.
Pronunciation: sər-vī-vəl

1: the act of living or continuing longer than another person or thing
2: one that survives

Suuko - Survival Hunter

#43 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

I'd personally love to see Blizzard get rid of Wyvern Sting and implement a more practical CC skill such as a "Net Shot" where a net is launched at someone and will CC them as long as Wyvern Sting would. It would cover their entire body from head to toe keeping them from doing anything.

The catch would be that it can't be dispelled because it is a physical net. So the team would have to DPS the net to destroy it (or trinket) much like you break people out of webs and ice blocks.

You should have stopped before the bolded part.

Physical CC = sure (we're becoming a focus class it only makes sense).

Yet another CC that has limitations and too many downsides and can be easily avoided = no thanks.

#44 Suuko

Suuko
  • Junkies

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Any clue why they would play without 1 point in Go for the throat? It sucks needing your pet to Intervene but he has no Focus.

Skills cost Focus... so I'm assuming they just play without Claw/Bite/etc on auto?

Suuko - Survival Hunter

#45 Suuko

Suuko
  • Junkies

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

You should have stopped before the bolded part.

Physical CC = sure (we're becoming a focus class it only makes sense).

Yet another CC that has limitations and too many downsides and can be easily avoided = no thanks.

I really don't see it as a limitation or downside. That depends on the life of the net. If you're getting focused and net an opponent... the other would have to break off of you to get his partner out (assuming trinket is down). This could not only CC but take a lot of pressure off of a player.

Suuko - Survival Hunter

#46 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

Survival indeed feels like it is too LNL dependent.
When it doesnt proc i feel like i am not doing much damage.

Also lets not forget heavy ARP mm that does both good damage and awesome survivability.
Despite what some of you saying about readiness not being used to full potential it virtually allow you to survive at least twice as much when your healer is CCed.
Not to mention silence both offensive and defensive.

So ye, even if surv is more damage it definitely feels like cutting half of your fun skillz and going mindless "i are do damage" mode.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#47 zhecar

zhecar
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dethecus
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

I don't see how survival is supposed to be "more mindless", as you are able to control your pressure with LNL procs, which ain't random.

You can really burst with survival, mm on the other hand only has silencing shot and readiness which is on a pretty long cd. mm seems alot more like "tunneling damage into smth" to me.
:priest:

#48 Cavsux

Cavsux

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

survival might be good in cata when you can get readiness as well. to me readiness makes all the difference. a good use of readiness can win a game

#49 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

I really don't see it as a limitation or downside. That depends on the life of the net. If you're getting focused and net an opponent... the other would have to break off of you to get his partner out (assuming trinket is down). This could not only CC but take a lot of pressure off of a player.

if i'm pressured I can just CC the person who's pressuring me. A physical CC that can't be broken is better than a CC that the opponent CAN break if he WANTS to (he doesn't have to, you're giving him the option to do so and he'll use it only if it benefits him, he can keep tunneling dmg into you).

My point is for a CC to have such a downside it has to be extra strong, like have a long duration or something.

#50 Suuko

Suuko
  • Junkies

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

if i'm pressured I can just CC the person who's pressuring me. A physical CC that can't be broken is better than a CC that the opponent CAN break if he WANTS to (he doesn't have to, you're giving him the option to do so and he'll use it only if it benefits him, he can keep tunneling dmg into you).

My point is for a CC to have such a downside it has to be extra strong, like have a long duration or something.

I've really only proclaimed the idea of the CC. I already said it would depend on how strong/long it lasts. It was all really just an idea that DPS should be able to "dispel" physical CC's in that manner where as healers should only be able to handle *magical* ones.

Suuko - Survival Hunter

#51 Gerald

Gerald

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

Dunno but I disarm lots, usually the disarm target isn't the focus of our damage, spamming damage into warrior and disarm dk in phd and usually pally doesn't dispel off Dk when warrior is getting face sexed.
Posted Image

the people who "think" spellcleave was an easy glad are the people who live on planet earth. The people who don't think so are first time glad spellcleavers :P.

#52 Savataged

Savataged
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

Dunno but I disarm lots, usually the disarm target isn't the focus of our damage, spamming damage into warrior and disarm dk in phd and usually pally doesn't dispel off Dk when warrior is getting face sexed.

The only classes I really ever disarm are deathknights or rets, I would be totally fine tomorrow if disarm was removed from chimera shot.

Also, the idea of cc that you need to dps sounds pretty cool to me... It probably wouldn't work out to be practical though. It's been a concept in pve for a long time, just not in pvp. I am just imagining using it on a healer, and melee having to switch off of me ^.^

#53 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

I remember back in s5 when i played Pally/Mage/Hunter (and with lock) as survival and i had the time of my life, with slowtraps, pillarhugging and "gayplay" it was really fun and you could turn games around so much depending on how you played it. I never enjoyed MM the way i enjoyed surv, tried it on TR and MM just feels like im a turret that throws an occasional trap here and there, positioning doesnt matter that much coz i could always readiness and do another deterrence, while surv was more of the "rogueplaystyle" if you had to use deterrence ud be open for a gib, and yeah, survival for life, im thinking of taking up hunter again, go survival and show everyone >_>
Posted Image

#54 Savataged

Savataged
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:51 PM

I remember back in s5 when i played Pally/Mage/Hunter (and with lock) as survival and i had the time of my life, with slowtraps, pillarhugging and "gayplay" it was really fun and you could turn games around so much depending on how you played it. I never enjoyed MM the way i enjoyed surv, tried it on TR and MM just feels like im a turret that throws an occasional trap here and there, positioning doesnt matter that much coz i could always readiness and do another deterrence, while surv was more of the "rogueplaystyle" if you had to use deterrence ud be open for a gib, and yeah, survival for life, im thinking of taking up hunter again, go survival and show everyone >_>

I like both specs, but as survival, I don't know how to describe it, the playstyle is just more "free" maybe? It's more enjoyable

#55 Hallontagg

Hallontagg
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

I like both specs, but as survival, I don't know how to describe it, the playstyle is just more "free" maybe? It's more enjoyable

its less buttfucked by rolling dispels and gcd. :rolleyes:
Winter comes.

#56 Savataged

Savataged
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

its less buttfucked by rolling dispels and gcd. :rolleyes:

YEAH THATS IT

#57 Fatalityz

Fatalityz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

The Korean WoW scene is a lot weaker than other games. Just being Korean will magically make you amazing at video games.

Posted Image

No, you can't take steps back and charge. No, charging does nothing anyway unless you're retarded and don't jump it

#58 kadyn`yo

kadyn`yo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Warsong
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

The Korean WoW scene is a lot weaker than other games. Just being Korean doesn't magically make you amazing at video games.

Not... true? Then why does the top hunter / shaman / lock farm orangemarms pmr? Just because the brackets arent horrendously inflated due to 10x the playerbase doesnt mean it is less competitive.
Spoiler

#59 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:08 AM

Some people are saying we migrated to MM because weapon DPS increased, making the damage per mana efficiency ratio viable.

That was true back in S6/S7. However, now I'm MM because of silencing shot. With all brackets being like 80-90%+ Wizard Cleaves, I don't think I could even play arena without SS or Readiness (+Double Deterrence).
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#60 apendixlol

apendixlol
  • Apendixlol
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

just a question why do survival hunters use a crab over a spider?

RMP > beast cleave

With any luck you guys will win MLG with a seven-way tie

I think Rogues aren't the same as Mages, but I'm not sure. Can anyone back me up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<