#22 Perfecta

Perfecta
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

when I look at the threes bracket on the koraean bgs I cant actualy see only plate waering classes under the top 100, therefore I can see tonns of locks n shamanes

#23 Mantraz

Mantraz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

The Korean WoW scene is a lot weaker than other games. Just being Korean doesn't magically make you amazing at video games.

Having another set of racials for gaming is just great
Spoiler

#24 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

I like SV better than MM vs a lot of comps if you play it correctly and balance your defensive vs offensive positioning correctly you can do very well.

SV/DK/Rdruid is very good vs spell cleaves and any melee/caster/healer it's only really weaker than a MM/Hpal variant vs like TSG and it's definitely still win able via switching off anyone that has scared shield.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#25 mrsandoo617

mrsandoo617
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:49 AM

Does anyone play in Korea? I'm getting back into my hunter and am interested in their spec decisions.

It's easier to switch as SV with LnL. There is no need to "setup" for damage with serpent sting.

#26 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

So weird that they don't have wizard cleaves everywhere.....

God I wished I could play in Korea. It would be like S6 all over again, my favorite season!

(MM/Ele/Pally.... best comp ever vs. melee cleaves.)

----

The only Korean Hunter I've ever seen play was that other Korean team besides HON/Button Bashers/loaded black that went to Blizzcon (don't remember the name), and they were supposed to be raping the ladders there (had beaten HON/BB a lot to take R1).

Their Hunter was awful, got trained by TSG to death, played as Tauren even, and didn't get any damage off. I believe he was Surv (S5 gear).

I wasn't impressed.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#27 Fluxx

Fluxx
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:35 AM

Has anyone tried going back to Surv? Thinking over as to why everyone made the big switch to MM, it was because it finally gave some half decent mana efficiency. Everyone was excited for the silences/chimera shot and effects.

Viper Sting/Chimera - viper is pretty garbage. Not saying you shouldn't use it at all but really it's not anything noteworthy of a skill.

Chimera - serpent puts out enough damage to override the mana drained from a target I believe and is of course a great burst utility if it doesn't get dispelled. If it does it's a real pain in the arse because you've wasted mana/chimera cooldown/globals for it. The need of reapplying it is sometimes a very big waste of time back-to-back because usually by then they are anal about dispelling it until you've finally hit it, then it's onto round 2 once the CD for chimera is up again. Serpent pet helps, but it's still not the greatest and cannot be used with every comp.

Chimera - scorpid can be an extreme joke sometimes as it can be dispelled when firing it off - wasted global/mana and usually that gets you into the "oh shit" position and you're needed to blow extra cooldowns you wouldn't have to in order to save your partners. One of the big things I hate about this spell is that it's aimed toward melee only. For starts, SV already pwns melee for the most part. DKs possibly an exception? (why would you target them most of the time anyway & aren't spellcleaves our main issue for most comps right nowadays?) As for classes, Rogues: You need to get through 1. a dispel 2. possible evasion 3. possible cloak 4. the very painful globals it takes to set up a disarm that can be nullified anyway. Very sweet for pmr, which we already destroy. It also forces rogues to pool energy for 4 seconds... about the time it takes for them to fill a lot of their energy bar. (Almost feels wasted doesn't it?). DKs: same as rogue without evasion basically, Warriors: can charge right to you and disarm you back if they want. Rets: can dispel it themselves so count that one in as a doubled chance of getting dispelled. It can save your ass, but it's painful to even think of having to use for most scenarios.

TSA isn't really that fantastic and isn't used for every comp for your allies. Benefits: You, Sometimes your ally, and never your healer. If you can rack up a frost trap for Point of No Escape you're giving your whole party a 6% crit increase when they need it the most - when you have the chance to damage along with them.

Piercing shots - Good for rogues, that's about it. Can be priest bubbled "off" to defeat the purpose and with the wise use of flares during free-fire you almost don't really need it. It's a safety net at best with decent damage, and as survival you're getting more ease-of-use with your globals and can stick that flare in a lot easier and painlessly. Volley provides amazing utility against rogues if you flare one side of the pillar and volley the other. They are 100% stuck there and when they come out they will be shit on very easily at range without a stealth up.

Readiness is probably the only extremely good ability MM gives when used at a "perfect" moment, however most of the time people just use it because most of the cooldowns on the list are down and they just want to refresh them. I rarely find myself using readiness at "amazing" times. Usually not needing it to begin with for kills sometimes. Using it too early can cost you a game very very easily. A lot could be said for this ability but it's a very opinionated one as to whether it's the sole reason to go MM or not. One of the biggest losses here is the use of a double det.

MM overall - way, wayyy too many globals for one class to have to struggle through imo. Silencing shots off GCD are fun though. SV feels extremely fluid compared to the breaks due to dispels as MM. 30% is not a high number at all. As for completely 100% solid strong abilities, there's Silencing Shot which is amazing for a lot of uses and readiness, that's about it. Everything else feels so gimmicky as MM. All of the utility gained can be very easily nullified if done correctly. The rest of it is just straight up damage increases from the MM tree.

People say they switched due to the rise spellcleaves but as mentioned before wouldn't survival put out more damage in much less globals while you can hide for the majority of the fight no? The only reason I didn't like SV at times was because you occasionally felt like you were pretty much useless outside of LnL procs.

It seems like it's a gimmicky utility spec vs a weak utility spec with more constant damage (?) and less of a choice as to when you can burst (lolwotlk?)?

#28 Xunae

Xunae
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1636
  • 3v3: 3100
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

Thats one gigantic wall of text :o

xunamate.com

#29 Fluxx

Fluxx
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

I know. Was more of a thought process in my head I needed to shell out to fully see what MM truly gives us vs SV :\. Almost feels like it's "dispel = rofl" for MM. I remember when everyone complained about SV's WSting being dispelled but isn't losing our damage almost as bad/disarm when we need it? Our "normal" CC can be dispelled probably just as bad as SV, just feels like less of a hit because you're not dependent on a 1m cooldown

#30 skiitzo

skiitzo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

yeah i'm not gonna read that. i made the switch back to survival when i was playing ATC and we did alright. mage/destro teams were tougher but overall our rating didn't benefit/drop. I think both specs can be played just as good as each other it's just whatever you're comfortable in. MM instant damage is just way higher than survivals. especially on cloth classes
[1:50:53 PM] idelisa: lol u just jump around with parachutes 2 hitting everything

[1:51:06 PM] Skiitzo: basically..
[1:51:27 PM] Skiitzo: LOOK AT ME FLOAAAAAAAATT CHIMERA SHOT KILL SHOT HAHAAHHAHAA -21 FOR YOU

#31 Fluxx

Fluxx
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

TLDR's at the bottom sort of.

Edit: If people are concerned for a disarm... what about a bird pet?? O_o? People are using a serpent for some comps as MM, so web cannot be missed that dearly. Although the disarm isn't as long it's fullproof isn't it? Pets attack from behind anyway therefore negating the dodge effect caused by rogues. Then again if you're SV you might as well be using a crab anywho and intervene comes back into play.

#32 Sengà

Sengà
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

Thing is, as MM you *can* control a match during a momentum way more than survival would allow you. Readiness used at the right time is a game maker and silencing shot focus switch VS wizcleaves depending if you're in an defensive or offensive state.

Now survival may be more damage overall but I still like better having safeguards (double deterrence is a life saver when you're in a very bad spot) or monster damage burst (double silence / chimera after cooldowns).

It all depends of your comp, UA/SU works pretty well same goes with a dk but you would probably do as good with MM so...

#33 Fluxx

Fluxx
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Here's the thing though. The only huge thing I see that makes MM so wanted is silencing shot. Our disarm is extremely irritating to use. It takes 3 seconds if it goes undispelled + missile time. 4.5 seconds if the first one is dispelled, leading to a much higher chance of them already chaining dispels onto the target to ensure we wont get the disarm off. It's not 100% even if it does hit, and it getting dispelled as we're shooting it off = no peels for you until chim is back up again unless you waste more cooldowns. I very rarely find myself getting the first disarm off for a chimera shot.

Readiness can be a game maker but I tend to find myself caught up with so many globals that if I fit it in I could lose control of the entire CC chain set up before me depending on what needs to be done before I get the CC off to make sure it gets done correctly. Double det is the only fullproof thing here and mana (from rapid recoup) which SV already blows out of the water. The extra silence usually will still be on DR by the time you really want to use it. The scatter can be useful just as a basic peel if something is already trapped.

That being said, how much of readiness do you REALLY use out of the cooldowns it gives you before the actual CD would be up anyway? I find it more useful to just use it for an extra burst effect with aimed/chim again if the poison gets the chance to stay on. Kind of just feels like a lock and load proc, something that could be done in one fluid motion instead of a ton of little globals and shots firing all over the place to accomplish one goal.

Also double trap is practically the same thing as trap -> wyvern with different dispelling options.

#34 Sengà

Sengà
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

Well actually, I was more thinking about setting a kill with double silence and not necessarily on the same target, you would have a heal in a cc or out of los a lock casting fear : silence lock, chimera target, scatter heal (+trap or not), readiness, scatter lock, silence on heal.

For 7 seconds you have two opponents cc'ed or unable to peel and a dps target hp's freefalling, and thats just from the hunter.

But I guess SU could be nice as well, just a different playstyle prolly more about losing and refreshing dots until an opportunity with LnL happens.

#35 everquest1

everquest1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • KR-굴단
  • 징벌의 전장
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

I play arena in Korea, and I've played with lots of different hunters, and every time I tried to make them play MM, they just said they like survival better...I think the biggest reason is that because most hunters in Korea have played ONLY survival since S5, they suck as balls in MM and BM. Trust me,there are LOTS of wizardcleaves here as well, well above the ratings that they should be playing at. Most warlocks in Korea thinks affliction is terrible as well.. have no idea why.

There are no beastcleaves, no PHDs, no dispelcleaves (only the priest/druid version) in Korea. Someone please tell me what the hell is going on...sometimes i just think that the arena scene in korea is dead, with an exception of a few skilled, die-hard teams. People dont want to experiment anything new, people sit on their ratings for the entire season, blah blah blah.

Because glad is so hard to get in Korea right now, (only like 14 top teams in 3s and 1 team in 5s)maybe thats why

#36 klanksterr

klanksterr
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nesingwary
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

I play arena in Korea, and I've played with lots of different hunters, and every time I tried to make them play MM, they just said they like survival better...I think the biggest reason is that because most hunters in Korea have played ONLY survival since S5, they suck as balls in MM and BM. Trust me,there are LOTS of wizardcleaves here as well, well above the ratings that they should be playing at. Most warlocks in Korea thinks affliction is terrible as well.. have no idea why.

There are no beastcleaves, no PHDs, no dispelcleaves (only the priest/druid version) in Korea. Someone please tell me what the hell is going on...sometimes i just think that the arena scene in korea is dead, with an exception of a few skilled, die-hard teams. People dont want to experiment anything new, people sit on their ratings for the entire season, blah blah blah.

Because glad is so hard to get in Korea right now, (only like 14 top teams in 3s and 1 team in 5s)maybe thats why

the hunter that was on your 3s has 27 spell power on his cloak

#37 everquest1

everquest1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • KR-굴단
  • 징벌의 전장
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

er, I've never had a hunter on my 3s for like months

#38 Alexzqt

Alexzqt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Daggerspine
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image
Obviously survival is the only choice.

You just made me love you more. Miir #1
Posted Image

#39 Sheiva

Sheiva
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

I know. Was more of a thought process in my head I needed to shell out to fully see what MM truly gives us vs SV :\. Almost feels like it's "dispel = rofl" for MM. I remember when everyone complained about SV's WSting being dispelled but isn't losing our damage almost as bad/disarm when we need it? Our "normal" CC can be dispelled probably just as bad as SV, just feels like less of a hit because you're not dependent on a 1m cooldown

To be honest dispels can be rough for MM, but I honestly don't see enemy healers sitting there spamming dispels the whole match because of the initial wall of damage a MM Hunter can put with with a fast opening CC chain. Once you get the other team playing defensive their healer is more concerned with healing more than dispelling.

If they do start spam dispelling that means you've been tunneling a target too long and need to switch.

I think I've used Disarm like 4 times EVER in arena, it's not something that should really be counted 'against' MM. The fact that we can Disarm (as clunkly as is it) should be more of a benefit for MM simply because it's something the other specs can't do, providing us with an extra defensive cooldown to help our partners stay alive.
Formerly known as Sheivalol

Pretty much everything Nerdz said

#40 Pwnarii

Pwnarii
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

I was hoping for a video :[
Posted Image