Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:58. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Shadow priest with mooncloth gear

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Wabu

Wabu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:19 AM

mooncloth users that are trying to outlast is not the way the spec should be played, and mooncloth is only really required when your shaman is doing a shit job and you need to offheal all the time, or you and your mage suck at mid-game talking and require thousand kill windows instead of one per game, end of discussion

that is all.

I know it's the internet and you're really tough but you're pretty ignorant, wouldn't be surprised if you're black irl. Glad you've decided your way is the only way, we all appreciate the tip.

#82 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

IF YOUR DEPENDING ON CRITS TO WIN GAMES YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

IF YOU CANT WIN GAMES BEFORE GOING OOM YOUR DOING IT WRONG.

WOW POSTING POINTLESS AND CLUELESS REPLIES IN CAPS SURE IS HELPFUL.
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#83 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

I know it's the internet and you're really tough but you're pretty ignorant, wouldn't be surprised if you're black irl. Glad you've decided your way is the only way, we all appreciate the tip.

:rolleyes:

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#84 Midna

Midna
  • Premium Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

my stats as shadow are so bad lol

hi honoredringbattlemasterilvl213trinket
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY

#85 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:23 AM

The EU people namely Lolflay and Calx, have made good points about satin.
I'm just trying to present an alternate take on it. Of course the argument can go both ways, but the points the crit "school of thought" make really only work against bad teams or teams you'd beat anyways (without crit or without mana issues).

If both stats do very little for you, it seems like the "optimal" way to go is to pick up the stat that isn't RNG and is working 100% of the time instead of 10-20% of the time. I still stand by point that you should be able to beat every single team without crit, but there are teams you absolutely won't beat if you go oom...so you can try and play better and not go oom, and have your crit not get you any wins, or you can just bite the bullet and accept that having mana gear would make those particular games that much easier. Examples where offhealing and dispels and dot uptime and mana save you: shadowmourne dispel cleaves, double shadowmourne TSG, beast cleaves, other wizard cleaves, etc. Those are extreme cases but it also obviously works vs. standard comps allowing you to recover from a bad situation. Mana helps you in all undertakings even in quick games.

On a top BG against top players, the subset of games where crit is 'doing more for you', is smaller than the subset of games where mana is 'doing more for you'. I'm not advocating full mooncloth 100% of the time, but definitely some sort of regen such as 2pc+meditation or a solace or heck even mana efficiency in your build. It helps a ton and really creates more momentum then "using your cooldowns properly"...when you can dispersion against a PHD for a fear or pop fiend for extra damage and know you don't need any mana back from it, or not have to go and drink and reset the fight because you still have mana --> then you're doing more pressure than a few RNG crits and that to me is playing the spec correctly.

#86 daveyoyo

daveyoyo
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:24 AM

There is no generic best choice, only one that best suites you, your team and your ladder.

This ^

#87 Xilol

Xilol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2104

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

WOW POSTING POINTLESS AND CLUELESS REPLIES IN CAPS SURE IS HELPFUL.

COME AT ME BRAH

#88 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

COME AT ME BRAH

I got jersey shore'd =(

#89 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

The EU people namely Lolflay and Calx, have made good points about satin.
I'm just trying to present an alternate take on it. Of course the argument can go both ways, but the points the crit "school of thought" make really only work against bad teams or teams you'd beat anyways (without crit or without mana issues).

If both stats do very little for you, it seems like the "optimal" way to go is to pick up the stat that isn't RNG and is working 100% of the time instead of 10-20% of the time. I still stand by point that you should be able to beat every single team without crit, but there are teams you absolutely won't beat if you go oom...so you can try and play better and not go oom, and have your crit not get you any wins, or you can just bite the bullet and accept that having mana gear would make those particular games that much easier. Examples where offhealing and dispels and dot uptime and mana save you: shadowmourne dispel cleaves, double shadowmourne TSG, beast cleaves, other wizard cleaves, etc. Those are extreme cases but it also obviously works vs. standard comps allowing you to recover from a bad situation. Mana helps you in all undertakings even in quick games.

On a top BG against top players, the subset of games where crit is 'doing more for you', is smaller than the subset of games where mana is 'doing more for you'. I'm not advocating full mooncloth 100% of the time, but definitely some sort of regen such as 2pc+meditation or a solace or heck even mana efficiency in your build. It helps a ton and really creates more momentum then "using your cooldowns properly"...when you can dispersion against a PHD for a fear or pop fiend for extra damage and know you don't need any mana back from it, or not have to go and drink and reset the fight because you still have mana --> then you're doing more pressure than a few RNG crits and that to me is playing the spec correctly.

your problem is your so biased against crit that all you do is classify it as RNG, there is no point having a proper discussion if you can't get past that fact. And no, a stat that only becomes useful in a few select matches vs very specific comps is not 100% useful. IF you've never lost a match because you just couldnt squeeze that xtra 1-5% in a cc window - then I geuss you've only ever lost by being flat outplayed and never getting close to killing anyone or by dc'ing.

Again your making up arguments from your personal experienced (wether it's objective is debateable in itself) and passing it off as fact. Type all the essays you want, they don't mean much if you can't be objective to the advantages/disadvantages of the 2 different gear setups.

You prefer mooncloth, pretty sure we've all got that point by now. So understand that some of us prefer satin and as much as you find our "we dont need more mana regen" silly, so do we find your "I need more mana regen". I would definitely use solace tho if I had it.

#90 Flayzor

Flayzor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow ./2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:07 AM

Just switched to mooncloth from satin and finding mooncloth very handy when some wizard globals your rogue through CloS, and it becomes 2v2, you can keep going on and not thinking about when your fiend is coming off from cooldown. Getting less MB+SWD crits tho, but still didnt notice so big difference in damage (rng crits yaya).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users