#1 Xcrcst

Xcrcst
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:36 PM

This question coming from a warrior with limited resto druid experience. I was just wondering what the difference is between 1600 +healing and 1800-1900 +healing for a druid is, and is it worth it in arena to have a lot of +healing (in excess of say 1550) over pure sta/resil if they already have decent pvp stats

#2 Insight

Insight
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:01 PM

Rather have decent sta/resil so you can survive being shut down for some time. 1550~ healing you get from PvP gear is just fine. However, if you can get some pimp t6 quality stuff widout loosing too much resilience you can do a little trade, but dont go under 300 resilience (gotta have 3/3 natural perfection then). And uhm...4 piece resto set bonus is also very handy.

To state anecdotal evidence is completely worthless is also fucking stupid since that's what the studies are based on

#3 Taffy

Taffy
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:50 PM

when you're first gearing up, stam/resil is 100% priority... going from 100->0 in a single deep thunder proc made arena somewhat unfun at first.

once you're geared at this point in the game... going all stam/resil is overkill and you start to lose out in power. I'm still heavily stacked for melee defense (note my cloak and ring if you care to look), but opted for +18's in my red slots instead of +12's in all slots this season and it was absolutely the right choice.

#4 Xcrcst

Xcrcst
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:38 AM

The druid in particular I am thinking of has full PvP gear and has access to BT gear and gems. If he was at 300 resil 9.2-9.5k health without gems then I was wondering if he could just stack 22 healing.

#5 Taffy

Taffy
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:46 AM

might want to try blue gems first, as you could fully gem out for the value cost of 1 bt gem...

a lot of it has to do with your arena team makeups and play style.

#6 MnC

MnC
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:47 AM

I would say that you're skimpy on the survivability factor too much. Most top druids in arena have 10.4k hp and 400 resil. I could see going for large +heal for 2v2 but in 3v3 or 5v5 where you are much more likely to be the top target I would not recommend it at all, even in 2s it would depend on what your partner is (is he/she a class people prefer to kill or avoid).

#7 Molp

Molp
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:49 AM

In 2v2, once you break through the dreaded wall of double DPS you can probably socket more healing. In 5v5 I would socket defense all the way.

#8 buena

buena
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:32 AM

If your partner for 2v2 is a warlock you should stack more defense because he won't be able to reliably keep melee off you.

On the other hand if your partner is something that can actually die then stack more healing to keep him up against 2dps or 1dps+dispell.

#9 Xcrcst

Xcrcst
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:45 PM

This is a friend of mine, not the druid on my 2's team, but he also runs with another warrior. They are sitting at around 2250 atm and he was talking to me about it. He is also a tauren, so he could easily break 10k with a few +15sta gems. I'll tell him what you guys said.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<