#41 Schmeiser

Schmeiser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

Not a flamebait, but will mage armor receive any nerfs, with the increase of hpools and lower dmg in cata i think mage armor would be terribly OP. I know it's still early but what do you mages think about that? I know some of you already think MA is too good
[16:09] maajty: wlp was the strongest setup
[16:09] maajty: after lsd

RPS 2.2k hero talking about s8

#42 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

Not a flamebait, but will mage armor receive any nerfs, with the increase of hpools and lower dmg in cata i think mage armor would be terribly OP. I know it's still early but what do you mages think about that? I know some of you already think MA is too good

Mage armor getting nerfed to 15-20% less magical cc duration sounds reasonable to me. 50% less time in CC is just retarded.
Posted Image

#43 Kazmir21

Kazmir21
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2186

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

http://www.wowtal.co...UN9ZFK.9gq.mage

Thats the preliminary build I'll build goings if the expansion hit right now, though I'm pretty sure a lot will change from now to release.

If they somehow free up 2 talents points, its going right into Frost Warding. I guess it also depends on how the new talents actually work mainly Early Frost and Spreading Chill

EDIT: After rereading the tooltip on Arcane Stablility, I'm pretty sure I'd move the 2 points over to resist talent. While I do cast AB and AM in arenas, I don't think I cast them enough to warrant to talent points. Now if it effect Polymorph...well then!

#44 Yahwee

Yahwee
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

Mage armor getting nerfed to 15-20% less magical cc duration sounds reasonable to me. 50% less time in CC is just retarded.

yay back to bc where a lock can completely stop our dmg...
Posted Image

#45 Frostitutes

Frostitutes
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

http://www.wowtal.co...UN9ZFK.9gq.mageWhile I do cast AB and AM in arenas, I don't think I cast them enough to warrant to talent points. Now if it effect Polymorph...well then!

"Note that Hot Streak and Brain Freeze disable Arcane Missiles. So as you approach 60, you'll stop using it. (With +20% coefficient on FFB, and a snare to proc FoF, it's a no-brainer you'll want to use that instead of AM.)" - Lhivera

#46 Yahwee

Yahwee
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

i was thinking this for arcane, http://www.wowtal.co...Fbnm7X.9gq.mage
any thoughts?
Posted Image

#47 Skillionaire

Skillionaire
  • Skillionaire
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

tbh, the mage talents atm are too good. not as in "nerf it - too good" but as in, there aren't really many fillers or pure pve talents left. I've been trying to get a solid build with imp blink and pom, but don't really feel like I can sacrifice anything of the good stuff from the frost tree. dunno.

also, I wish they would get rid of magic absorption all together. the talent is just stupid.

next time grab a dictonary while you're at it.

#48 Kazmir21

Kazmir21
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

"Note that Hot Streak and Brain Freeze disable Arcane Missiles. So as you approach 60, you'll stop using it. (With +20% coefficient on FFB, and a snare to proc FoF, it's a no-brainer you'll want to use that instead of AM.)" - Lhivera

I know AM will be getting changed to a proc, but I'd imagine AM will still have its uses such as killing people who are running LoS. Maybe I'm just a bit confused on how the entire mechanic will work exactly.

#49 Kazmir21

Kazmir21
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

tbh, the mage talents atm are too good. not as in "nerf it - too good" but as in, there aren't really many fillers or pure pve talents left. I've been trying to get a solid build with imp blink and pom, but don't really feel like I can sacrifice anything of the good stuff from the frost tree. dunno.

also, I wish they would get rid of magic absorption all together. the talent is just stupid.

That is what Blizzard has been heavy advocates of in Cata. They want players to have to make difficult choices regarding which talents they pick. They don't want some to seem mandatory and then others to be fillers. So I guess mission accomplish on the frost tree thus far...

#50 Fatalityz

Fatalityz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

I like some of the changes except for the shatter change its like the stunlock nerf even though it should work out its kind of lame when they gouge out the heart of a class.
Posted Image

No, you can't take steps back and charge. No, charging does nothing anyway unless you're retarded and don't jump it

#51 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

fillers and pure pve talents are SUPPOSED to be gone. Watch for another patch/info release in the next few days that cuts out even more filler, really condenses the trees to pure utility.

I know AM will be getting changed to a proc, but I'd imagine AM will still have its uses such as killing people who are running LoS. Maybe I'm just a bit confused on how the entire mechanic will work exactly.

Yeah, I dislike that change. If you have Hot Streak or Brain Freeze, you will literally never be able to cast AM. That sucks. It makes sense though, because before that change on Alpha you'd proc something almost every cast, it was overwhelming.

#52 Kazmir21

Kazmir21
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

fillers and pure pve talents are SUPPOSED to be gone. Watch for another patch/info release in the next few days that cuts out even more filler, really condenses the trees to pure utility.

Yeah, I dislike that change. If you have Hot Streak or Brain Freeze, you will literally never be able to cast AM. That sucks. It makes sense though, because before that change on Alpha you'd proc something almost every cast, it was overwhelming.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up for me. Its unfortunate, but as you mentioned - it makes sense.

#53 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

yay back to bc where a lock can completely stop our dmg...

So you're saying that you consider mage armor fine right now? You're biased as fuck if so.
Posted Image

#54 Skillionaire

Skillionaire
  • Skillionaire
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

yes, I have understood that much aswell from what they've said before and it's good in one way, but that makes choices very difficult. I guess that could be a good thing ofc, to get people to move away from pure armory cookie cutting specs, but we'll see.

next time grab a dictonary while you're at it.

#55 Mantraz

Mantraz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

Shatter nerf

IT'S BREAKING MY BALLS MAN
Spoiler

#56 Pinlol

Pinlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

wow if they remove shatter and give us 15% damage i don't know what will happen, then again we have so many amazing talents.

We shouldn't really make any conclusions yet though, it's still WAAAAAY too early and i hope they give us more damage on shatter, i like how they removed the RNG from it, but a little more damage wouldn't hurt :)

you DO realize that beast cleave is a horrible comp, right?

- Tuvahl

http://www.xfire.com...ideo/pinsleepe/

#57 Yahwee

Yahwee
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

So you're saying that you consider mage armor fine right now? You're biased as fuck if so.

if it had a warlock tag on it, yah itd be fine, but even u can realize that wizard based, mages are the most effected by cc.

if you don't think mage armor nerf would kill mages in their current state than its like ur not playing
Posted Image

#58 Zâfryna1296685143

Zâfryna1296685143
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ysondre
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

wizard based, mages are the most effected by cc.

Wtf are you smoking ?

How is a mage "most effected by cc" ???

When you sheep that shadowpriest for full 10 sec i'm sure he is like "i'm lucky to be less affected by cc than mages".

I didn't even mention iceblocks to remove CC on top of Mage armor.

You seem have no idea of how it is like to sit in a full 10 sec CC or a 5sec blanket silence instead of 2,5
Let me introduce myslef.
Spoiler

#59 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

if it had a warlock tag on it, yah itd be fine, but even u can realize that wizard based, mages are the most effected by cc.

Really? If you're having trouble by getting cc'd, it might be because you suck.
Posted Image

#60 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

Shatter nerf

IT'S BREAKING MY BALLS MAN

they're reverting it. current plan is to make it a two point talent that doubles/triples your crit % against frozen targets. That makes a lot more sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<