Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

How to find partners?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kazerix

Kazerix
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Balnazzar
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

How do you make the splash in this game, with the mindset that this game's pvp community currently has?

I'm referring to people who have re rolled and don't have prior gear / titles / achievs to back up their claims, people who are brand new to arena, and those who just started playing in wotlk. Obviously this doesn't apply to the majority of AJ posters but I'd like some insight on what you'd do if put in this situation.

The good players know who's good. They will not play with an unproven. So how do you get proven? Play with randoms from trade chat? Also assuming you don't play with any IRL friends at all, don't PVE, or have a sold core group of friends to play with (read as: guild).

I'm not saying I'm pro, Aj quality, or ready to post a listing in the recruitment section. What I am saying is, what does a player who's sole focus in the game is Arena, isn't proven, but wants a chance just to play for fun, to practice, and to try to get better. How the hell do you find partners with the same mindset the way the pvp community is at the moment?

Brings the flames and trolls, don't care, I'm a nobody that enjoys reading this site on a daily basis and just trying to make my $15 more enjoyable.

Edit: Have read the sticky. Just looking for ideas.

#2 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2447
  • 3v3: 2709
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1653
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

Luck.

Posted Image

#3 Kirbi

Kirbi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

Dueling helps. Prove you have a mastery of your class mechanics. I don't see that working for a healer though, to be honest.

#4 Solanine

Solanine
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Be a good dargon slayer and have a wonderful personality, by which I mean a troll and an all around douche. Always works for me.

#5 Marathi

Marathi
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:08 PM

I hadn't PvP'd prior to wotlk, I was a dragon slayer nerd in tbc and got quite bored with it towards the end and decided to focus on PvP in wotlk.

I watched Noone 3 and rolled a mage for the sole purpose to pvp. In the first season of wotlk I spent a lot of time doing BGs, learning the class and once I got comfortable I started dueling quite a bit, calling out the good players of the realm and gaining some reputation.

This helped me a lot spreading my name around people wanted to try arena with me and whilst I was still new to that I learnt some valuable lessons off players who wouldn't have given me the chance if it wasnt for my popularity and dueling reputation :x
Spoiler

worst terran eu

#6 Populism

Populism
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:19 AM

Luck.

And playing an OP class. :D

But overall, finding good mates takes a lot of networking skills rather than actual playing skills imo.

My advice to you would be to leave US-Balnazzar for a server a bit more populated. You're kind of limiting your options when the server only has 15 players over 2200+.

#7 Zeneroth

Zeneroth
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:33 AM

My advice to you would be to leave US-Balnazzar for a server a bit more populated. You're kind of limiting your options when the server only has 15 players over 2200+.

In my case, I was on a server where I was considered the best arena rogue hordeside, at 2k.
Xfering to a more populated server is definitely a good move.
If Trance is wrong, I don't want to be right.

#8 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1524
  • 3v3: 1834
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

Hi Kazerix,

I hope you've already read through my sticky at the top of the Waiting Room, because it gives a tonload of advice and ideas about how to find arena partners. You can find it here:

http://arenajunkies....ad.php?t=149691

Another thing that I want to mention is that a really easy way to get your first taste of success in arena is starting a 5v5 team. It's generally considered a joke bracket since you can burst someone down really quickly without a lot of skill, but it helps with getting better gear and maybe a little bit more recognition. By looking at your gear it looks like you've been to at least 1800 before, so grab some 1800-quality players and see if you can get a 5v5 going. I played a RMPLS with a Mage that was less than vocal and barely Polymorphed and still managed to get to 1800 (she was very new to arena though so the way she performed for the experience she had was actually pretty decent), and then after switching out that person we easily jumped to 2k before we had issues getting everyone online at the same time. People often judge at first glance by gear, and getting your 2k shoulders even from 5s shows that you're at least somewhat competent about the mechanics of the game.

From what I'm reading it doesn't look like you're on a very popular server, and that can always provide some problems as well. If it really becomes an issue where there is no one at your skill level (either too high or too far below) then you might consider transferring to a more populated server. I just took my Rogue from Kilrogg (I could actually name every successful Alliance PvPer) to Korgath and I've been having a great experience with some really friendly people (I have the rank 1 rogue on the bg giving me lots of tips on how to get better, gear better, etc).

I hope this helps you out, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask away :)
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#9 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:03 AM

Duel, talk to people, constantly try to insert yourself in to teams.

#10 Merciless

Merciless
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 960

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

dont know about you guys but nothing beats the fun with irl friends <3
Outland EU

#11 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1524
  • 3v3: 1834
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

dont know about you guys but nothing beats the fun with irl friends <3

It's fun if they play at the same skill level/level of dedication :P
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#12 farmergregor

farmergregor
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:57 PM

During season 4 I couldn't find anyone to play with on Burning Legion Alliance. I had played at near gladiator ratings in season 3, but all my previous partners transferred to the all almighty Tichondrius. There was a hunter/restodruid with a glad 2s team that I thought would make a good double healer hunter comp. I asked them even though I thought they would say no, however, they said yes. Two weeks later we peaked at rank 6 on the battlegroup in 3s, and three months later I got gladiator.

Don't be afraid to ask people to pvp with you. The flip side is don't expect people to carry you. Find people with a similar skill as you, and work to the top.

The other option is to join a pve guild, run ele/dis/mage, and faceroll to 2650 (with a couple hiccups along the way).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users