Does anyone actually enjoy being a warrior in arena?

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#1 Artunias

Artunias
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

This isn't a warriors suck, blah blah. Whatever. I know there are plenty of high rated warriors out there, but my question to them is. Do you actually enjoy playing in the arena at that level? I've loved pvp for a really long time, but LK arena is just sapping my will to play it.

Now I still love to play in battlegrounds, but just getting trained 100% of almost every game without fail just is not "fun". To me anyway.

What continues to keep the game fun for you heavier arena guys? Maybe I'm just bad, who knows. But I'm curious.

#2 Jigawatts

Jigawatts
  • Members

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

Artunias said:

This isn't a warriors suck, blah blah. Whatever. I know there are plenty of high rated warriors out there, but my question to them is. Do you actually enjoy playing in the arena at that level? I've loved pvp for a really long time, but LK arena is just sapping my will to play it.

Now I still love to play in battlegrounds, but just getting trained 100% of almost every game without fail just is not "fun". To me anyway.

What continues to keep the game fun for you heavier arena guys? Maybe I'm just bad, who knows. But I'm curious.

My buddy is the same way. No matter how well you play em, you can still get into a situation where there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent it from happening.

Double healer might have something to do with this mindset.

Everyone else is too busy complaining about your damage (which you are rarely able to consistently do) to see that warriors have flaws too.

#3 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

Get smourne and youll be happy with arena for sure
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. - Bruce Lee

#4 Artunias

Artunias
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

Rufio said:

Seeing that you're a S2-S4 Gladiator I take that you realized you had to mace stun yourself to Glad. An advice from me to you this current expansion is, "Prot your way to Glad" :D

While I did certainly use a mace in 3's, I was also a gladiator in 2's with a shaman and a sword and in 5's using either sword or mace. I also failed at mace stun procs.

And playing prot isn't overly fun either IMO. I really don't have a desire to be a gladiator, I just wanted to know what other high rated warriors still found fun about playing in high rated arenas and the current state of the game.

#5 hoodrych

hoodrych
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

i have fun, pretty much the same advantages/problems we've had since forever. although at the current wotlk pace, jumping charge/intercept is pretty crippling

#6 cyrfer

cyrfer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 576

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

i enjoy playing my warrior despite all the shit going on in this game.

View PostGLopez, on 19 March 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

I have never trolled in my life.

#7 Syia

Syia
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

shadowmourne makes arenas pretty fun

#8 Neyaro

Neyaro
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

Prot is the way to go if you wanna have fun in Arena and BGs. All you lose is MS for like 10 times more utility..

#9 Pottuz

Pottuz
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

I can't stand arena on my alt warrior, since im getting trained 90% of the match, and there isn't anything i can do except tank the dmg with sword 'n board, and hope i can get a MS up on our focus target

Rith said:

To answer the OPs thread question. All the skilled players play warlock, everyone else is dumb and can't play their class to the best, Example: Hunters. That is why warlocks are OP

/thread

#10 cArn-

cArn-
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Cho'gall
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:44 PM

Aside from all the clunkiness or our mechanism, it's a lot of fun to play.

But also lot of frustration sometimes.

This frustration is however worth the fun of playing a warrior. It has been 5 years I'm playing a warrior and I doubt I'dd leave him if it is not to stop completely the game,

#11 Puresoul

Puresoul
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 960

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

Rufio said:

Seeing that you're a S2-S4 Gladiator I take that you realized you had to mace stun yourself to Glad. An advice from me to you this current expansion is, "Prot your way to Glad" :D
Cuz rogues had it difficult in TBC, and prot is not the solution nor fun.
Posted Image

#12 Vexxius

Vexxius
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms 0/2/1/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 2023
  • 3v3: 2957
  • 5v5: 2606
  • RBG: 2373
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:51 PM

Despite the clunkiness and frustration associated with the class, Warrior is arguably the most thrilling class that I've personally played in arena.

#13 Barburas

Barburas
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2586

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

Gotta agree with what some others have said; inspite of some clunkiness and frustration that can go with the class, I really enjoy playing my warrior (in 3s) and loved the environment of the TR where I didn't get outgeared loads too :)

#14 Dontyoudie

Dontyoudie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Gorgonnash
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

I actually enjoy playin my warrior all the time except versus one kind of setup: Rogue/x/x.

Rogues in 3s and, to some extend, in 2s are just so frustrating whily playin my warrior. Actually i even prefer castercleaves on the other side.

#15 Narceoda

Narceoda
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

It's kind've sad but after my friend let me play his Warrior, I had a LOT of fun, but I would never roll a Warrior for that sole reason: You're trained EVERY single game ALL game. MAYBE unless you have a Priest or Warlock with you, or something.

However it just doesn't seem to be very fun to be getting shit on all the time. And because you are, ANY mistake you make is completely magnified. Every time I play with a Warrior, they're seriously being defensive for about 80% of the game (Not because they're bad, but because if they take off their shield and come out of D stance they'll die).

Usually they eventually get pissed off and put on a set of gear that gives them ~1400 resilience, and sometimes still get globaled, it's ridiculous. I feel bad for Warriors.

Kelarm said:

Yes, it's mostly because marks hunter pressure is retarded, but it can't be discounted that the reason their damage is so exceptionally retarded in PHD is because the DK is locking down the target so hard and probably locking down the rest of the team half the time too just by standing near them, that they can barely wade through desecration toward and LoS object under the massive, opressive damage output.

I love being a DK :D.

#16 Nel1296683699

Nel1296683699
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

hoodrych said:

i have fun, pretty much the same advantages/problems we've had since forever. although at the current wotlk pace, jumping charge/intercept is pretty crippling

i had fun watching your second match at mlg colombus vs skill capped west and was wondering did you rage after sitting in cc for like 80% of the match? :|

#17 Tfgreenacre

Tfgreenacre
  • Junkies

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Rufio said:

I doubt any warrior can make this kind of post without a butthurt rogue or warlock posting something like this. TBC ended long ago, get over it.

To the actual thread starter, i think every warrior feels like you do once in a while, tired of getting trained, feeling like you're not having much of an impact on each arena game. Just try and group with partners that are much more dangerous when left alone, or squishy. Warlocks and Elementals for example.

I for one have a ton of fun in arena, but its not usually due to the game, its my partners on Skype. We have a good time and share a similar sense of humour.

I think a big part of having fun specifically as a warrior is the satisfaction you get from stopping a crucial CC going through, it could be a simple intercept or charge on a cast, a spell reflect onto a polymorph, or my personal favourite, intervening traps / blinds.

#18 hoodrych

hoodrych
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:29 PM

Nel said:

i had fun watching your second match at mlg colombus vs skill capped west and was wondering did you rage after sitting in cc for like 80% of the match? :|

haha nah, i've played a warrior since release i know i'll eat CC, I was probably raging more that no one cared to do anything about the maps being bugged :|

#19 Mouby

Mouby
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

Def Hood....you got hosed

unprofessional of MLG imo.... + the dcs... wtf
A large number of people play the powerful and easy way but there are some players who walk a single path even though its not powerful or easy. --- OM

#20 boytoy

boytoy
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:53 PM

when i play my warrior im kinda frustrated being trained, but i kinda guess if i got free i can pretty much kill anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<