• Talents:

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:25 AM

im playing an ele shammy in a 5man team consisting of:
warrior - dps
lock - dps
shammy - dps/healer
pally - healer
priest - healer

but with the upcoming changes in 2.3 especially the 33% damage from healing i thought about playing my shammy differently.

completly equipped in healing gear and with a specc like that:
http://www.wowhead.c...E0MoZZV0xtVxouj
im going to play more defensively.
being able to heal quite good and with casting times of lightning spells reduced in addition to 33% damage from healing i even can do some dps.
manatide will provide the healers with extra mana and will improve our survivability and outlast capabilities.

this could be a very interesting outlasting hybrid role for shammys in 5man.
of course this has to be tested before.

cheers

#2 Neko

Neko
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:55 PM

Ya, very interesting changes for shaman.

But elemental got some nice buffs also. New LO change is pretty good in action, co-efficiency got nerf but the damage output is more spiky(which is good imo). Control burst combo damage (EM CL NS LB ES for ex., more than this 1 of course) went down a little. But the new LO is way more fun. Hope they fix the LO bug on the PTR ASAP. 70% pushback resist to LB rocks!

#3 buena

buena
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

Hmm I was about to make a thread called
"New elemental build... 38 resto O_o"
but I saw this first.

It looks pretty damn strong now that lightning mastery isn't 100% undebatable required for nuking.

Losses:
EM
half a second on all nukes
Some partial seconds on shocks (or eye of the storm, which I took)
6% anti crit
however much you had in LO as full ele

Gains:
150ish spelldamage
Better healing power
Nature's guardian
MANA TIDE

The really odd thing is that I can't figure out whether it would better to do this kind of hybrid in elemental or resto gear. Resto gear has nearly comprable spelldamage and crit now and way more healing... but 70% lightning antipushback cmon!

Shamans now seem to have a confusingly high amount of hybrid potential for almost all variations. Not even mentioning the 500+ spelldamage and healing that enhancement shamans will have O_o

#4 hick

hick
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:53 AM

The really odd thing is that I can't figure out whether it would better to do this kind of hybrid in elemental or resto gear. Resto gear has nearly comprable spelldamage and crit now and way more healing... but 70% lightning antipushback cmon!

the same goes for me too
the thing im a bit worried about is that blizzard could reduce the spelldamage bonus from healing sometime and would have wasted my precious arena points in the wrong gear...

as you mentioned the shaman class hybrid potential will be greatly increased with 2.3

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<