Photo

Lost Faith, too many problems with this spec(feral)

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#21 Ferocious

Ferocious
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

just because ferals are pointing out their weaknesses doesn't mean we're saying everything else must be fine. I'm sure we'd let all the other underdogs post cute little threads in their boards without forming a raiding party.

#22 Boness

Boness
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2213

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:29 PM

dude your not only meele having problems ya know?

This is news to all of us, i'm sure of it.

#23 Razorscythe

Razorscythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1723

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:29 PM

just because ferals are pointing out their weaknesses doesn't mean we're saying everything else must be fine. I'm sure we'd let all the other underdogs post cute little threads in their boards without forming a raiding party.

<3
Conquest vendor disabled.
Posted Image

#24 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

The big thing about Ferals is that we absolutely cannot stand in the line of fire for any amount of time because Barkskin is dispellable, Survival Instincts only eats 2-3 attacks, and we have no reliable way to stop incoming damage.

You may argue that Predator's Swiftness is overpowered or puts us at a good spot, but any good team knows exactly how to prevent it by riding us and dispelling the proc.

You can always choose a better setup by replacing the Feral.

Currently in 3v3 there are only 2 Ferals above 2700 at 2707 and 2706, one of which hasn't even been active since March, and there are half a dozen of us in the 2600s. What I'm trying to say here is that Ferals are capped out fairly low compared to other classes. It's a difficult class with difficult setups, so even the best players aren't doing "amazing" comparatively to other setups. Even Balance Druids are doing better than Ferals.

I can understand the counter argument that we have 3 viable arena specs and that many other specs aren't even seen in arena.

Personally, Feral is frustrating as hell sometimes, but I still won't give it up. Playing a difficult class and succeeding, I believe, has made me a better player. Although this game really doesn't mean anything in the end, at least I can say that anything I achieved and earned in this game was much more than 99% of the other players.

To me, the difficulty of playing this class is much more engaging and interesting than any other class I've played. Also, we're fucking OM NOM NOM animals on people's faces. I resent anything that's going to make our class "faceroll" or significantly easier so that masses flock to it.

We could definitely use some tweaking in the survivability department, but I think giving up on the class is a bit extreme.

Feral 4 lief :druid:

this basically, i haven't been playing much wow especially on live in a while now but if i start again i'll still play feral. there's no other spec in the game i enjoy as much so why play anything else? and i can do fine as feral anyway.

i've played to decent ratings as feral, a spec i actually like playing and am reasonably okay at sometimes. i'll never see any reason to play anything else just because it's more powerful.
feral always

#25 Bloody_qq

Bloody_qq
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

My point is that ferals are powerful and they sure don't need any buffs! What i said about interrupts is obviously only if the game goes back completely to no-haste. Ferals are ferals, if you give them interrupts and shieldwall you've just created some godly hybrid with the best-of-all-worlds from all other melees!
Nobody knows how ferals will come out in Cataclysm arena untill 2 months after it's released. Like the guy above me said, its sad that they made the specc so easy to play compared to what it used to be - Ferals were looking for buffs in s6 but no highrated feral thought it would come as instant-cyclone.

yea feral is powerful vs mages and shit vs all other classes, no need for boosts cuz mages say so.

#26 Blund

Blund
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Daggerspine
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

oh no a druid spec isn't viable? I'm sure all those holy priests, combat rogues, fire mages, demo locks, fury warriors etc are all gonna feel really sorry for you.

Both holy and disc are healing specs, combat and mut/sub are melee specs etc etc.

A feral druid can't just respec and play resto in his current gear.. So you'd be better of comparing them with enhancement, ret palas and such..

#27 Bloody_qq

Bloody_qq
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

oh no a druid spec isn't viable? I'm sure all those holy priests, combat rogues, fire mages, demo locks, fury warriors etc are all gonna feel really sorry for you.

you sir are stupid

#28 Bloody_qq

Bloody_qq
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

Give ferals some defensive CD that gives them 10sec 50% reduced MAGIC damage, 2-3min CD, so once you pop berserking you can stand and not get globaled.

#29 cydial

cydial
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

A melee class that is a hybrid that has an instant cc and can spam shift to break out of snares.

Ya, you got me, you've trolled us all into thinking you're this fucking retarded. Now please stop.
Posted Image

#30 Razorscythe

Razorscythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1723

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

Give ferals some defensive CD that gives them 10sec 50% reduced MAGIC damage, 2-3min CD, so once you pop berserking you can stand and not get globaled.

alike cloak of shadows :/

well the faulty design of feral is that they will never be like the rogue or a warrior as feral at all
Conquest vendor disabled.
Posted Image

#31 Aeral

Aeral
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1699
  • 3v3: 1554

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

In catacylsm i'd like to see melee interrupts back on GCD

Remove haste and I'm fine with that

#32 Ferocious

Ferocious
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

I'm optimistic that just the addition of a kick will help a load. Off-kicking with a rogue on the ATR is just golden for relieving pressure and general caster control. So get those macros ready! =)

#33 Mutechno

Mutechno
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Remove instant cyclone and I'll give you whatever the fuck you want.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Remove instant cyclone and I'll give you whatever the fuck you want.

:D

it's kinda like DKs

remove that fucking annoying ghoul or nerf chains and you can have all the burst damage you want

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#35 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

ferals are fine. we just need one cd against spelldamage

#36 Btothaloody

Btothaloody
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 958

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

Why ferals bitch is beyond me.

#37 Ferocious

Ferocious
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

mage police all over the place today

#38 Novinetz

Novinetz
  • Stoleyourgf
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

didnt know this was an actual spec

#39 Disdain

Disdain
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/0/0/1/0/.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Poor hybrids.

#40 Zrahni

Zrahni
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Bad feral qqing that his class is bad i remember same QQ being made by dk's in s5.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<