Photo

Lost Faith, too many problems with this spec(feral)

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#1 Amacovv

Amacovv
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:53 AM

If you can refute these proposed changes/ weaknesses please do, I want to think of this spec as good in some way.

Give us:
1)kick(12 second cd would be fine)-don't wait for cata just do it. Blizzard already has the code there for 4 other melee it should be easy to impliment
2)Surivability cooldowns related to dmg taken(like barkskin only not instantly dispelled by the ever so skilled shaman team, u know like ams, shieldwall, shield block, clos and evasion, shamanistic rage?....bearform and last stand are not nearly as usefull as any of those listed above.
3) 30 yard cyclone. " O NOES INSTANT CLONE IS OP" right.... cause its so much harder and more skill full for haste stacked boomkins and restos to use it from half again the distance without being any more vulnerable or trading a chunk of their much larger mana pools. o right and its dispelable
4) Savage roar... seriously tranq shot and anesthetic.... lets just go ahead and take 30 percent dmg away from all the other dps every time tranq shot or anesthetic is used... see how well that would go over.
5)I get it... we are the only hybrid that has less than a 1-1 conversion for healing and our dps stat cause we get extra healing received in one of our 4 forms its cool. No its ridiculous.... give me my fucking spell dmg/ healing at a 1-1 for agility so I can heal, and so if I want to do something other than cyclone or hot i can hit somebody with wrath for more than 400. Rocket gloves non crit are better than my 5 combo point activated Crit Wrath? More like a green dust bunny

Aimed at Blizzard this last bit is: The tree is too damn bloated... slim it down hard.... make druids a 3 spec class again not 4... pve is easy...what are you trying to balance, all that work went away when you gave 20 percent dmg and healing extra to random nubs in icc... just balance the spec already around being what it is dps and tanking or.... make it like a real tank spec in pvp and give me silences, gap closers, stuns, strong defensive cooldowns, and lots of fucking dmg in bear... like im talking pve mixed prot paly or warrior at 70 percent arp damage.

Any comp a feral is in a rogue or dk would be better suited for.

Last complaint... wtf is up with our 4 set... seriously.... all those talent points and a 4 set just to move the same speed as every other class in any aoe snare? Lets not bring up judgment of justice or i will have to start killing puppies. Give me a 4 set pvp bonus that is as good as the movement one and let my talent points in my bloated ass double spec tree do the work they are supposed to.

If you have made it to the end of this wall of text you have earned yourself some waffles, so go hit up i-hop or make some and get your waffle on.
:)

#2 Bearz

Bearz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:00 AM

Posted Image

#3 Gunnermaniac

Gunnermaniac

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

Any comp a feral is in a rogue or dk would be better suited for.

:warrior::druid::paladin:

#4 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

:warrior::druid::paladin:

lets see what we could roll instead containing a DK or rogue that is better. Let me think, hmmmm

:warrior::deathknight::paladin:

that was hard!

#5 Mantraz

Mantraz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

There's always :rogue::druid:disc:priest:, put a DK into that and you've got yourself skillcapped cleave which turned out subpar. A warrior into that and your priest won't have enough peels.

Edit: ferals should really stop crying. In catacylsm i'd like to see melee interrupts back on GCD and instant cyclone removed.
Spoiler

#6 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

There's always :rogue::druid:disc:priest:, put a DK into that and you've got yourself skillcapped cleave which turned out subpar. A warrior into that and your priest won't have enough peels.

Ok you found a comp wich is shit for DKs, ferals an warriors

n1

edit: i agree its les bad for ferals though!

#7 Samath

Samath
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

balance:druid:resto:druid:feral:druid:

On a serious note though, feral is probably one of the weakest arena specs currently overall. But that haven't stopped people from being successful before and atm there's not really any specs impossible of doing well with. It just requires dedication and some good team mates.

Do you even enjoy playing the spec? If not, then don't. If you do, then continue doing so and ignore what people say. After all it's about having fun. I used to play feral as well, but stopped playing when it became a mindless zerg spec. After that I went resto and my ratings raised by a couple of hundreds without much effort. I didn't find it satisfying though, so I ended up going back to feral again before eventually ending up as boomkin.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing ferals getting kick. They're like the only melee class without a decent interrupt.

#8 Mantraz

Mantraz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:22 AM

My point is that ferals are powerful and they sure don't need any buffs! What i said about interrupts is obviously only if the game goes back completely to no-haste. Ferals are ferals, if you give them interrupts and shieldwall you've just created some godly hybrid with the best-of-all-worlds from all other melees!
Nobody knows how ferals will come out in Cataclysm arena untill 2 months after it's released. Like the guy above me said, its sad that they made the specc so easy to play compared to what it used to be - Ferals were looking for buffs in s6 but no highrated feral thought it would come as instant-cyclone.
Spoiler

#9 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

My point is that ferals are powerful and they sure don't need any buffs! What i said about interrupts is obviously only if the game goes back completely to no-haste. Ferals are ferals, if you give them interrupts and shieldwall you've just created some godly hybrid with the best-of-all-worlds from all other melees!
Nobody knows how ferals will come out in Cataclysm arena untill 2 months after it's released. Like the guy above me said, its sad that they made the specc so easy to play compared to what it used to be - Ferals were looking for buffs in s6 but no highrated feral thought it would come as instant-cyclone.

Ferals are currently weaker then they've been in the rest of wotlk - I think you got crit for 10k once and cant see that ferals simply arent good, decent maybe, but definatly not good.

And no, ferals aren't awful. But if you've played one recently, you know that it's getting increasingly frustrating because almost every match is an uphill fight (wich can be fun as wel ofc). That's what OPs post is about.

#10 Furl

Furl
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy
  • LocationSacramento CA

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

Posted Image

ROFLMAO OMFG IM LAUGHING SO HARD RITE NOW

#11 Abaitor

Abaitor
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

oh no a druid spec isn't viable? I'm sure all those holy priests, combat rogues, fire mages, demo locks, fury warriors etc are all gonna feel really sorry for you.

#12 Khell

Khell
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

oh no a druid spec isn't viable? I'm sure all those holy priests, combat rogues, fire mages, demo locks, fury warriors etc are all gonna feel really sorry for you.

this.

#13 Boness

Boness
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2213

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

I have a feral druid alt, and I don't really see anything that the spec lacks besides obvious defensive cooldowns, etc.

#14 summlan

summlan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

I still dont understand why they need to add "only usable in x form" for every single ability we get.

Berserk in caster? why isnt that allowed? would it really be that OP if we could break fears with berserk when were getting stunlocked between shifts and feared for example since the netcode obviously cant handle shifting.

20% extra healing in anything but bearform? is a feral in caster or travelform that dangerous that we cant be allowed to have this talent work for those forms aswell? would be nice if the talent actually did anything when i have to heal myself since last time i checked i cant throw heals in catform.

30% shorter fearduration and 30% less damage taken while stunned not allowed in casterform? so when your netcode fucks up and i end up in casterform stunned between shifts i have to get punished by taking more damage? does that even make sense?

Since vanilla were the result of sloppy and mindless classdesigning, could we get the guy that designed the DeathKnight instead please?

#15 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

To bad none of those is comparable to the druid talent trees wich happen to have 3 different roles, Like Shamans and rets also have.

Next to that feral went from viable to not so viable, you dont have a comparable spec to swap to wich is viable - so ofc ferals are gonna be more pissed then those other classes ;)

I have a feral druid alt, and I don't really see anything that the spec lacks besides obvious defensive cooldowns, etc.

We dont :P

#16 Allyne

Allyne
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

We dont :P

Oh but we do. Barkskin is dispellable and goes easy because there is no dispellresistance on it. Last stand is ok but shit vs spellcleaves because they'll rape right through that hp anyways. We dont have problems with melee too much because of bearform, but casters fuck us up bigtime. Hence I think we should have some sort of feral CD to reduce damage taken which is not dispellable.

Posted Image
Feral :druid:
TR video playing with Tankz and Ferno http://www.arenajunk...ighlight=allyne

#17 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

Oh but we do. Barkskin is dispellable and goes easy because there is no dispellresistance on it. Last stand is ok but shit vs spellcleaves because they'll rape right through that hp anyways. We dont have problems with melee too much because of bearform, but casters fuck us up bigtime. Hence I think we should have some sort of feral CD to reduce damage taken which is not dispellable.

"we dont" as in we dont lack anything other then defensive cooldowns :P

#18 Miirkat

Miirkat
  • Premium Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

The big thing about Ferals is that we absolutely cannot stand in the line of fire for any amount of time because Barkskin is dispellable, Survival Instincts only eats 2-3 attacks, and we have no reliable way to stop incoming damage.

You may argue that Predator's Swiftness is overpowered or puts us at a good spot, but any good team knows exactly how to prevent it by riding us and dispelling the proc.

You can always choose a better setup by replacing the Feral.

Currently in 3v3 there are only 2 Ferals above 2700 at 2707 and 2706, one of which hasn't even been active since March, and there are half a dozen of us in the 2600s. What I'm trying to say here is that Ferals are capped out fairly low compared to other classes. It's a difficult class with difficult setups, so even the best players aren't doing "amazing" comparatively to other setups. Even Balance Druids are doing better than Ferals.

I can understand the counter argument that we have 3 viable arena specs and that many other specs aren't even seen in arena.

Personally, Feral is frustrating as hell sometimes, but I still won't give it up. Playing a difficult class and succeeding, I believe, has made me a better player. Although this game really doesn't mean anything in the end, at least I can say that anything I achieved and earned in this game was much more than 99% of the other players.

To me, the difficulty of playing this class is much more engaging and interesting than any other class I've played. Also, we're fucking OM NOM NOM animals on people's faces. I resent anything that's going to make our class "faceroll" or significantly easier so that masses flock to it.

We could definitely use some tweaking in the survivability department, but I think giving up on the class is a bit extreme.

Feral 4 lief :druid:

Posted Image
miirkat.deviantart.com
^^^^^^ please visit my deviantART page :3
Resto for friends. Feral for life. CAT DURID IS 4 FITE!

#19 Allyne

Allyne
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

Feral 4 life :druid:

/roar

Posted Image
Feral :druid:
TR video playing with Tankz and Ferno http://www.arenajunk...ighlight=allyne

#20 Razorscythe

Razorscythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1723

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

dude your not only meele having problems ya know?
Conquest vendor disabled.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<