Tweakz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:03 AM

Tweakz why don't you walk up to me in person and ask me, I'll show you.

WOOPS THIS IS DIZIET POSING FROM JIGS ACCOUNT~~~~~

bc i am in texas silly

#23 Lorri

Lorri
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kult der Verdammten
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1898
  • 3v3: 2149
  • 5v5: 1246
  • RBG: 1709

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

What's with the debuff / buff at the same time secret?

It would be very nice to get it. :)

#24 Philkes

Philkes
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:53 AM

afaik what he did was reposition the default frames (or in the case of the action bar, removed the backdrop, too.) via macros.

if you can do it via addons it can be condensed into a macro (or several) to put it in different terms. which makes me kind of curious about where they draw the line.

everyone is just wondering about the raid frames. His shows buffs and debuffs.

#25 Tweakz

Tweakz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:05 AM

everyone is just wondering about the raid frames. His shows buffs and debuffs.

^

#26 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:14 AM

in short, the raid frames can be modified just the same as the player/target/focus/party/etc frames.

We know that :P

But they've not been designed to display both buffs and debuffs. Unless he's doing some magic frame hiding/overlapping, the raid pullout handles 4 auras total, with a switch on buff/debuff.
Wrathless Gladiator Bilian

#27 cwantom

cwantom
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

Gieff that shit
Posted Image

#28 Truancy

Truancy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

Well double frames seem to work, but not very practical since the frames change names sometimes while relogging, so you need to put them back out on the screen in the correct order. Migh just be me sucking tho since I've never really done any scripting. Also, to get that to work for 2 player frames, took me 5 macros :D This was using dusknoirs code, and adding it to a second pair of frames to get both buffs and debuffs.

Posted Image

#29 Voodoomoose

Voodoomoose

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

Well double frames seem to work, but not very practical since the frames change names sometimes while relogging, so you need to put them back out on the screen in the correct order. Migh just be me sucking tho since I've never really done any scripting. Also, to get that to work for 2 player frames, took me 5 macros :D This was using dusknoirs code, and adding it to a second pair of frames to get both buffs and debuffs.

Posted Image

how were you able to even get 2 of the same player to be dragged out at the same time? It seems like it won't allow me to drag out a specific class more than one time. The way I interpreted what you said was that you dragged out the priest tab twice and then made one show buffs and the other show debuffs and then you put one on top of the other, but maybe I'm wrong?
:shaman: Voodoomoose

#30 Voodoomoose

Voodoomoose

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:39 AM

I was able to do it sort of a weird way since I'm not sure how you dragged out 2 of the same frame. I made one of my part members the main assist and then i dragged out his class (druid) and main assist. Then I made one show buffs and the other show debuffs and then i stacked them on top of each other and messed around with one of the scripts linked earlier that lets you change the position of the buffs to the bottom of the frame. The same effect can be done for the second party member by using the main tank thing as well.

Posted Image

#31 Philkes

Philkes
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:25 AM

I was able to do it sort of a weird way since I'm not sure how you dragged out 2 of the same frame. I made one of my part members the main assist and then i dragged out his class (druid) and main assist. Then I made one show buffs and the other show debuffs and then i stacked them on top of each other and messed around with one of the scripts linked earlier that lets you change the position of the buffs to the bottom of the frame. The same effect can be done for the second party member by using the main tank thing as well.

Posted Image

if you drag out like a warlocks frame, you have to hold shift when draging out the single frame....you say you are playing with champys like in your screenshot, drag out the druids frame, then hold shift and drag out just him.

how did you get your buffs to show up on the bottom like that? When i put in dusknoirs script it just makes a huge buff on the side of my frame.

#32 Voodoomoose

Voodoomoose

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

if you drag out like a warlocks frame, you have to hold shift when draging out the single frame....you say you are playing with champys like in your screenshot, drag out the druids frame, then hold shift and drag out just him.

how did you get your buffs to show up on the bottom like that? When i put in dusknoirs script it just makes a huge buff on the side of my frame.

Wow I can't believe I didn't realize how to do that... thanks.

And yeah when I used dusknoirs script it did that as well. I just modified the numbers though and got it to work. Heres what I used:

/run local pos = 10 for i=1,3 do _G["RaidPullout4Button1Aura"..i]:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",RaidPullout4,"TOPLEFT",pos,-42) pos=pos+15 end

#33 StaN

StaN
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:03 AM

Im not trying to be a wanker here, and i appreciate this could be of massive use to tournament players, but considering youre not why dont you jus save yourself the hassle and download a unit frame addon and make it look how you want?
If it ends up looking the same, addon or no addon whats the difference? Aside from a load of hassle.
Posted Image

#34 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

Im not trying to be a wanker here, and i appreciate this could be of massive use to tournament players, but considering youre not why dont you jus save yourself the hassle and download a unit frame addon and make it look how you want?
If it ends up looking the same, addon or no addon whats the difference? Aside from a load of hassle.

Honestly I have no idea. It makes no sense to me :\
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#35 Voodoomoose

Voodoomoose

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:21 AM

in fairness my team was on the list to go to the last mlg but we had some sponsorship issues

edit: i wonder if there is a way to make it show more than 4 buffs/debuffs

#36 God

God
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

Perhaps there are people out there who are looking to get into the tournament scene who might be looking for a way of making their UI more helpful while playing on the TR?

So they can qualify for the Regionals without having to use addons/UIs and then trying to practice before the tournament without them.

#37 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:59 AM

I don't like third party code ever since Wotlk beginning where all addons would crash because of vehicles. I do it myself, modify what's there or learn to live without.

#38 Truancy

Truancy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

Wow I can't believe I didn't realize how to do that... thanks.

And yeah when I used dusknoirs script it did that as well. I just modified the numbers though and got it to work. Heres what I used:

/run local pos = 10 for i=1,3 do _G["RaidPullout4Button1Aura"..i]:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",RaidPullout4,"TOPLEFT",pos,-42) pos=pos+15 end

I also made a macro that moved the debuffs from one frame, and place them on top of the frame that is already showing the buffs. This way you can just dump the secondary frames in the corner of the screen.

/run local pos = 16 for i=1,4 do _G["RaidPullout3Button1Aura"..i]:ClearAllPoints() _G["RaidPullout3Button1Aura"..i]:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT",RaidPullout1,"TOPLEFT",pos,-15) pos = pos + 16 end

Would put the debuffs from Pullout3 on top of Pullout1. Screenshot

For fun to see if I could get it to work ;)

#39 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

We have a solution then, thanks guys :)

#40 Voodoomoose

Voodoomoose

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

I also made a macro that moved the debuffs from one frame, and place them on top of the frame that is already showing the buffs. This way you can just dump the secondary frames in the corner of the screen.

/run local pos = 16 for i=1,4 do _G["RaidPullout3Button1Aura"..i]:ClearAllPoints() _G["RaidPullout3Button1Aura"..i]:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT",RaidPullout1,"TOPLEFT",pos,-15) pos = pos + 16 end

Would put the debuffs from Pullout3 on top of Pullout1. Screenshot

For fun to see if I could get it to work ;)

is it a mod or a script that you use to turn your health bar white?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<