• Curse Sites
Help

Arena Inactivity: Incentive Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Poll: Options (327 member(s) have cast votes)

Options

1. Rating Decay (208 votes [63.61%])

Percentage of vote: 63.61%

2. Gold Reward (65 votes [19.88%])

Percentage of vote: 19.88%

3. Higher Gear Requirements (25 votes [7.65%])

Percentage of vote: 7.65%

4. Other (specify) (29 votes [8.87%])

Percentage of vote: 8.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

a necro party? awesome!
Posted Image

#142 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

a better game []

#143 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostCendrid, on 04 June 2010 - 07:12 PM, said:

The real problem is that the WoW arena population is decreasing, and as seen in other MMOs, they need to start merging servers into fewer Battle groups and reducing the amount of Battle groups people have to hit a high rating and camp it.

Some of the BGs are, as it sits, a total joke. When a couple of teams transfer to a "low-end" BG and go 95%+ Win/Loss to sky rocket to Ranks 1-10, then that BG should just be compacted somewhere else and disposed of. If those Glad level players are really that good, then they'll still succeed.

World PvP is dead, there is no reason to have a BG primarily composed of PvE servers anymore (Emberstorm). If they want to arena seriously, then they can come compete with the rest of us. If they don't want to take arena seriously, then don't expect high ratings.
still good points regardless

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#144 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

View Postephex, on 03 June 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

Rating decay is dumb, if you wanna camp thats your choice. Its your team you get to choose what rating you stop at.

If you dont like not having high teams q'ing transfer to a more populated bg aka bg9
no it isnt dumb. no need for morons who play fotm op comp in first week 1 shotting everyone to camp for glad.

#145 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostAbsoqt, on 10 February 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Not true. They will reward playing which is the opposite of this idea - and a much better one.

The result is the same. If you don't play then you fall behind on the ladder.

If you do play then you keep up with your place on the ladder.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#146 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

i would say that the best way to get players to want to actually play arena consistently is to create a weekly title system. this would make people not worry as much about playing simply for titles, and make them want to play to be the best. since the title would only last a week who gives a fuck if you miss it for a week, all it means is that you can try to perform better next week in order to gain your title once more for another week. this also eliminates the mid season lull in arena as every week is essentially a "season". with this weekly system it would also open up a new window of opportunity to blizzard to keep arena updated on a weekly basis as they won't have to make changes to the game in a big package at the end of each season/pve content but rather constantly work upon their game to keep people happy and wanting to play a game not just for titles, but for enjoyment.

tldr weekly system, make titles something the best will have consistently while at the same time making it not something to xfer to shithole bgs for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<