Arena Inactivity: Incentive Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Poll: Options (327 member(s) have cast votes)

Options

1. Rating Decay (208 votes [63.61%])

Percentage of vote: 63.61%

2. Gold Reward (65 votes [19.88%])

Percentage of vote: 19.88%

3. Higher Gear Requirements (25 votes [7.65%])

Percentage of vote: 7.65%

4. Other (specify) (29 votes [8.87%])

Percentage of vote: 8.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

What do you feel would be the best way to combat players leveling arena teams within the first few weeks and camping until the rest of the season?

There are only 2 to 3 teams in the top 20 on my battlegroup that still actively queue, and the rest are camping.

#2 Midna

Midna
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

Imo rating decay(I had to google this word)

When not playing 2/3 weeks your rating starts dropping 15 a week?
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY

#3 Zoltån

Zoltån
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

Decay would be the best force 20 games every 2 weeks or rating decays by 50
with a rating over 2500
Spoiler

Fisker said:

Drug and Pharmaceuticals expert Zoltang will uncover this mystery

raialol said:

Zoltang #1 rogue and #1 raver

#4 ephex

ephex
  • Iunchlady
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

Rating decay is dumb, if you wanna camp thats your choice. Its your team you get to choose what rating you stop at.

If you dont like not having high teams q'ing transfer to a more populated bg aka bg9

#5 lassira

lassira
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

ephex said:

Rating decay is dumb, if you wanna camp thats your choice. Its your team you get to choose what rating you stop at.

If you dont like not having high teams q'ing transfer to a more populated bg aka bg9

when every single bg but one has barely any teams in the top 30 queueing at all there's a serious issue.

#6 ephex

ephex
  • Iunchlady
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

lassira said:

when every single bg but one has barely any teams in the top 30 queueing at all there's a serious issue.

the issue is mmr and it not resetting, and blizzard is to proud to remove it, same thing with rov

#7 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

camping is riskful because if you have to queue to ensure you get (W)glad at the end of the season, you will have teamplay problems and so on :)

Zotan said:

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#8 Disorderly

Disorderly
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Nathrezim
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationND

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

Anything 3 weeks or under seems harsh. There is a big diference between sitting on rating for the majority of the eason and going out of town for a few weeks or w/e. I do agree that rating decay would be nice, but not sure it would make a huge diference, what is 10 games or so every few weeks going to do?

#9 SeruAV

SeruAV
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Elune
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Disorderly said:

Anything 3 weeks or under seems harsh. There is a big diference between sitting on rating for the majority of the eason and going out of town for a few weeks or w/e. I do agree that rating decay would be nice, but not sure it would make a huge diference, what is 10 games or so every few weeks going to do?

Quite a bit if you're sitting on a sizable lead and you're forced to queue against teams with much lower rating. No system that encourages camping of teams once they're high-rated (as it is now) should be endorsed. The problem is systemic, and it needs fixing.

#10 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

It would be kinda lame if you had someone on your team quit the game then watch your team fall out of glad range

#11 Methyline

Methyline
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

ephex said:

the issue is mmr and it not resetting, and blizzard is to proud to remove it, same thing with rov

yeah because people weren't camping on their ratings before mmr existed :rolleyes:

no rating decay is dumb

#12 Blacksheezy

Blacksheezy
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

Not worth queueing on Whirlwind anymore. :(

#13 Ingtar

Ingtar
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:18 PM

The only option that I could think of is rating decay, as many have said.  The specifics are workable, but I think something like...

If your team does not play for 2 weeks, on the 3rd week(when points reset), and every reset from there on, you lose 25-50 points a week until you complete 20-30 games.

Seems reasonable to me.  Im currently having the same problem, theres just no high rated teams queuing whatsoever.  Even Monday night was bad.

• Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

I don't necessarily agree with rating decay, which is why I feel there should be an incentive to continue queuing, as opposed to a punishment.

However, another approach to rating decay would be to decay solely MMR. That way, if you plan on camping until the rest of the season, you'll have trouble if you're forced to queue at the very last minute.

#15 Malevolént

Malevolént
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:29 PM

Decay is dumb. Why punishing someone in a game? Maybe a gold reward would be some motivation for queuing.

#16 nocorras2

nocorras2
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

Only type of incentive I can think of would be extra arena points for every x amount of games you play.  Decay is dumb.

#17 Sharor

Sharor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

Decay is shit, the idea of arena was to allow a playerbase to play and still compete even if they didnt nolife wow..

Gold is a good way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

- Einstein

#18 Methyline

Methyline
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

Sharor said:

Decay is shit, the idea of arena was to allow a playerbase to play and still compete even if they didnt nolife wow..

Gold is a good way.

Yeah because having to play a couple games every ~2-4 weeks = having no-life :rolleyes:

#19 imbah

imbah
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

rating inflation imo. it would acomplish the same thing as rating decay except without the negative points thing - by rating inflation i just mean something like in the first weeks you get 10 points for a win against a team at the same mmr as you but in the last weeks you get 20.

#20 lassira

lassira
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

Sharor said:

Gold is a good way.

gold is shit, only time I use gold is when I buy new arena gear and need to gem/enchant it, and it's like 90g for a gem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<