Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 23:03. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

[3v3] Killing Lock Pets - Good Idea?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Iceweaver

Iceweaver
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:06 AM

Our 3s setup is a Mage, Warrior, Priest. We make sure to always take down a Water Ele because of how easy they are to take down but we have never thought about aiming lock pets. Teams that give us the most troulbe or Pally + Lock + 1 teams. It seems it would be VERY easy to kill a lock after his SL and his pet are gone.

Any thoughts?
ema

#2 Toroko

Toroko
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:33 AM

If you can take out the pet without it hindering you it's not a bad idea. Since I'm SL I always summon a voidwalker second if they take out the felhunter. The pally on my team can normally keep the void up easily. I guess it really depends on how much a difference maker you think the felhunter is. If you're able to kill the felhunter easily the first time and they pop it again, by all means go for it. Hard to keep a felhunter thats getting double focused with hamstring and MS.

#3 Iceweaver

Iceweaver
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:39 AM

If you can take out the pet without it hindering you it's not a bad idea. Since I'm SL I always summon a voidwalker second if they take out the felhunter. The pally on my team can normally keep the void up easily. I guess it really depends on how much a difference maker you think the felhunter is. If you're able to kill the felhunter easily the first time and they pop it again, by all means go for it. Hard to keep a felhunter thats getting double focused with hamstring and MS.

So probably best thing to do after you get your walker out is to aim the +1 on the team and CC the hell out of you.

Just makes things much easier not having to worry about spell lock. =P
ema

#4 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:52 AM

What I do is use WW cleave and sweeping strikes to get it low and swap later. If it gets healed while you focus it, you basically let the warlock free cast with no pressure to something that doesn't die that easily. Water elemental normally dies as soon as its out though since it is much weaker.

#5 Iceweaver

Iceweaver
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

What I do is use WW cleave and sweeping strikes to get it low and swap later. If it gets healed while you focus it, you basically let the warlock free cast with no pressure to something that doesn't die that easily. Water elemental normally dies as soon as its out though since it is much weaker.

I was even thinking about just using a CS to make sure the pet drops very quickly.
ema

#6 shyst

shyst
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:23 AM

personally i think if you can burst down the pet quickly without putting yourself too far behind in the race you should do it. A SL lock with out a pet is losing SO much....of course they can just .5 sec cast another one. I think it really comes down to whether or not your healer is afraid of the spell lock.

#7 Dinadass

Dinadass
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:35 PM

If you're part of a melee-heavy team, then yes I would say killing the pet is worth it. If more than half your DPS is casters though, it might not be worth it with the felhunter's resistances. Obviously if you have a warlock of your own, throwing on CoS/CoE can make it alot easier.

Some of the only losses I've had against teams like war/pal, war/sham, war/sham/pal etc in 2v2/3v3 are when they manage to burst my pet down really fast. As an affliction lock I don't have the .5 summon, and I have a shadow priest 2v2 partner, with him and an ele shaman as my 3v3, so not much in the way of dedicated healing to keep it alive.

If we are up against another warlock, generally I'll have a CoS on his pet asap and usually banish it if I'm not being focused and spell locked. Otherwise, me and the priest just toss a bunch of DOTs on it. The other healer is generally too busy to keep it up since we go right back to attacking our first target.

For a war+mage+priest team, the felhunter will generally be sent after the priest. If that's what happens, you can have him try to pull it out of LOS, the mage can nova+lance it, while the warrior helps too. Generally they don't last long with 2 people focusing them and no healer in LOS to keep it up.

#8 Lokkth

Lokkth
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

you have a priest on your 3s.. make shure the lock is clean of buffs then have the priest spam dispell on the lock after u kill his first pet you will dispell his fel domination and now u have a SL lock with no pet at all

#9 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:51 PM

A warrior can drop anything but a voidwalker very quickly, so unless they have that out, kill the pet.

Nearly perfectly balanced per current class strenghts:
Hunters

#10 Demonized

Demonized

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:51 PM

As an Affliction Warlock, I'd say killing my pet is a good idea.

#11 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:57 AM

how would you feel if someone killed your pet
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#12 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:15 AM

Pls think about the consequences

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#13 Divinitum

Divinitum
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 2836
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:16 PM

rip Bragrik :( :shaman: :warrior: :druid:

may you get many optical blasts that rival even kekbots

#14 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

a thread that acctualy helps with constructive posts? where is the aj i usually read with insults and namecalling¿

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?
The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,
So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.
If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

#15 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

a thread that acctualy helps with constructive posts? where is the aj i usually read with insults and namecalling¿

why you gotta ruin it by jinxing it man...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:14 PM

I know it's almost as if we've gone back in time exxdee
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#17 grisenx

grisenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2517
  • 3v3: 2627
  • 5v5: 2162
  • RBG: 958

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:02 PM

dat necro

#18 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

how would you feel if someone killed your pet

classic rokmode bringing up the past.. i didnt even notice this thread is eight fucking years old
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#19 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

lmao i got rekt aswell holy shit

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?
The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,
So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.
If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

#20 Freshqtz

Freshqtz

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:22 PM

classic rokmode bringing up the past.. i didnt even notice this thread is eight fucking years old

lmao i got rekt aswell holy shit

Meh no biggie considering the fact that some guy +repped the last post in this thread before rokmode necro'd it. I'm sure that mr. Demonized who's last log-in to his aj account was October 2007 really appreciates the rep tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users