Photo

*NEW MOD* Plate Buffs

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 warct3

warct3

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

Anyone checked out the new mod "PlateBuffs" by Cyprias?

What it does:
--Displays Buff/Debuffs above enemy/friendly nameplates, promoting less tunnel vision(on unit frames), and allowing for more awareness of one's surroundings

Features:
-Ability to make important auras much larger than default(sheep, hex, bubble, aura mastery,etc.)
-Can set max number of rows and columns
-Toggle Friendly/Enemy auras on/off separately
-Toggle showing Debuffs/buffs separately

Still a bit buggy atm as it's in beta, but the direction this mod is going seems to be really promising.

http://wow.curse.com...platebuffs.aspx
http://www.wowinterf...Buffs.html#info

#2 darklordace

darklordace
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2287

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

hmm i dunno, its a nice feature indeed

but...

Threat plates beta has it aswell and it seriously ruined my game(so i turned it off) cuz i couldnt see shit with tons of dots on all targets around me :P also gotta say theres a lack of configuring that in threat plates. Maybe if it has scaling and filtering options i would give it a try.

#3 Philkes

Philkes
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

I know a few people were looking for this before, good find.

#4 sally

sally
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Burning Blade
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:49 PM

Can it whitelist buffs/debuffs? I wouldn't want to see all the trash buffs/debuffs on every nameplate.
Posted Image

#5 Eileana

Eileana
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

Ideal to keep track of stings in multiple targets, pew.
:hunter: 80 Active!

Mage 80 Inactive
DK 80 Inactive
Rogue 80 Inactive
Shaman 80 Inactive
Paladin 80 Inactive

'sup

#6 warct3

warct3

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

Can it whitelist buffs/debuffs? I wouldn't want to see all the trash buffs/debuffs on every nameplate.

Not yet, but i presume it'll be coming....least i hope so cause i really hate seeing every debuff >,<...a priority system that maybe made the larger scaled buffs higher priority, and/or a way to turn off the default buff group would be great.

#7 warct3

warct3

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

Threat plates beta has it aswell and it seriously ruined my game(so i turned it off)

ya, i didn't like the threat plates implementation(tho it was skinned to look a bit cleaner) because i REALLY like the idea of being able to enlarge important buff/debuffs

#8 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 768

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

yea, kinda I turned off the showing of all debufs except the specific one. So although it takes a while I set it up to only show what I wanted which was still alot of the debuffs, however it will not show what I haven't listed so in some ways you can whitelist/blacklist debuffs.

#9 warct3

warct3

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

yea, kinda I turned off the showing of all debufs except the specific one. So although it takes a while I set it up to only show what I wanted which was still alot of the debuffs, however it will not show what I haven't listed so in some ways you can whitelist/blacklist debuffs.

wait..how did you get it to turn off the default buffs?!?!?

#10 Gatsuforce

Gatsuforce
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Runetotem
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/1/2/1/1

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

You have to add every single debuff of your class that you dont wanne see and select "Never" in the combobox, a bit annoying but doable ;)

#11 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 768

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

You have to add every single debuff of your class that you dont wanne see and select "Never" in the combobox, a bit annoying but doable ;)

what he said, if you search around a bit in the options there should be something like show debuffs show buffs just select never for both, but it will still show the specific ones so just keep adding and removing. Takes a long time but with profiles u only need to do it once!

#12 Cyprias

Cyprias
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:51 AM

By default crowd control and iceblock/bubble/flags are added to the Specific Spells list with huge icons. Right now you can't remove them but I'll get around to it sometime.

Glad you guys enjoy the addon. Spread the word. :)

I may not check this post very often so if you're having problems or have a suggestion, post it on the curse/wowace/wowinterface website.

#13 Criticals

Criticals
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

very cool

#14 warct3

warct3

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:03 PM

what he said, if you search around a bit in the options there should be something like show debuffs show buffs just select never for both, but it will still show the specific ones so just keep adding and removing. Takes a long time but with profiles u only need to do it once!

AHHHH! didnt realize with never checked, the specific buffs would still show! thank you thank you, kind sir

#15 Svenn

Svenn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:06 PM

Really like this addon. The default configurations are a bit odd though, size 80 is way, way too big. Sizes 16-26 are alright.
Posted Image

Warcraftmovies:
Zvenn 1
Zvenn 2

#16 Cyprias

Cyprias
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:02 AM

I uploaded a video to YouTube of PlateBuffs in action.

By default only your debuffs are shown and no buffs. Some spells are added to the specific spell options list which I think are important.
Here's the list of spells that are added by default to always show (as of 1.2.11beta). You can add more or remove these from the list in game.
http://www.wowace.co...ded-by-default/

If you're downloading from Curse.com, be sure to choose the beta version. I still have some changes to make before it's ready for the release version. If you're using Curse Client, right-click on PlateBuffs and goto Preferred Release Type > Beta.
Author of Alt-Tab Toggle, Dimmed Actions, MySales, PlateBuffs, StopAddonMessage, TotemRadius, UnlimitedChatMessage & GemCensus.
http://curse.com/members/Cyprias.aspx
http://wowinterface....hor-221020.html

#17 yourmomrofl

yourmomrofl
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

WOW this is an EXCELLENT addon. Bugs sometimes in BG's or raids but works well in arena. This really helps to see important buffs/debuffs and increases awareness siginificiantly

the settings are real pain in the ass to set tho. adapting them to myself took me well over 5 hours total. But i've set the filter so it works better at least for my self. What I did is
-removed (almost) all unneeded spells. That includes
-most class self buffs (like the art of war for paladins, hunter sniper training, dk unholy strength) etc. and similiar debuffs (trauma, savage combat, misery)
-trash buffs like detect invisibility
-"buffs" in general, like arcane intellect, blessing of kings
-class aura buffs like unleashed rage, rampage, leader of the pack
-MINOR hots and dots like earthliving, deep wounds
-armors/presences/forms
-most trinket/relic/other item proccs that are seen in arena, haven't got all though
-some zone buffs like ICC or summerfestival have been removed also

So you only see hots, shields, dots, slows etc. the size is set to 20.; also mount buffs since I couldnt be arsed removing them but it's not bigdeal in arena anyway

More important buffs, like Innervate or Bloodlust have their size set to 36

ALL cc's (in original configuration there was alot missing) have their size set to 48. VERY important cooldowns like CoS, bubble also have their size set to 48.

of course some spells are important to some class and not important to other. So if you're a healer you would like to see taste for blood buff probably, or if you're a dispeller you'd like to see dispalable trashbuffs. so this is not optimal for all classes

if someone wants i can upload that configuration, just ain't sure which file is it yet but will check out later

#18 Svenn

Svenn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

You could also just set the filter to "my spells only" - I cant remember where it is, and then add other buffs to the specific list.

As opposed to entering every single buff that you dont want, like you did Feenor.
Posted Image

Warcraftmovies:
Zvenn 1
Zvenn 2

#19 Bigcritz

Bigcritz
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:49 AM

You could also just set the filter to "my spells only" - I cant remember where it is, and then add other buffs to the specific list.

As opposed to entering every single buff that you dont want, like you did Feenor.

Yeah, but there isnt an option to whitelist certin debuffs that arent ours. Ex: WLD. Warlock wants to have the MS Debuff shown, but only his are being shown. Or he wants to see cyclone. Ect.

#20 yourmomrofl

yourmomrofl
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

Yes, but the point is to see not only your spells, tbh I don't know if disabling everything and adding only important ones would be faster than enabling everything and deleting the unneeded ones :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<