#201 Stacii

Stacii
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kargath
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/1/0/2/.

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

reflected a deep freeze from a finger proc and a poly just a sec after that.
hilarious

#202 Kragath

Kragath
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eonar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

reflected a death coil on my war, stormed into it, lock died, reflected multiple frostbolts against mages and a clutch clone

<3

#203 Bumeyes

Bumeyes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

Reflected a full Hex onto a shaman in 2s then reflected the locks deathcoil and killed him. Also reflected a few full clones, a HoJ, random DoTs and yesterday in a duel I reflected a counterspell which hit the mage's frost school.
Spoiler

#204 Kryye

Kryye
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

Watching my buddy stream yesterday, he reflected a cyclone that won them the game. Then at the very start of the next game the enemy paladin reflected his silence causing them to lose very quickly.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Even the amount that PVP can alter the PVE game in WoW is unacceptable to us. Whenever we run into a case of 'this would be really awesome for PVE' but then the PVP guy says 'that kind of screws us in PVP' the answer is always 'SHUT UP PVP GUY, it's awesome in PVE so that's what we're doing!'

#205 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

more rng pls

btw is group spellreflect from prot warrios gone in cata? :(

#206 Moozart

Moozart
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:31 AM

Reflect DF ftw :D

#207 Pegur

Pegur
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

While playing 3s one match against Drîl shadowpriest reflected full (?) cs, the next game against them I reflected deep freeze :D.

#208 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:56 AM

Anyone aware of an addon which will report which spells got reflected in party chat?

http://www.veevsvaul...tifications.zip

there u go
Posted Image

#209 Thassel

Thassel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2400
  • 3v3: 1926
  • RBG: 1957

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:11 PM

Had a pally low in 2s, so he hammered me to get away and I reflected the hammer.

fuckyeah.jpg

#210 Ecnad

Ecnad
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Proudmoore
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationWA

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Watching my buddy stream yesterday, he reflected a cyclone that won them the game. Then at the very start of the next game the enemy paladin reflected his silence causing them to lose very quickly.

fuck karma

#211 Kolori

Kolori
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/1/2/0/.
  • LocationFinland, Järvenpää

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

best meta, it wins games by "fun" rng as called by Blizzard

#212 Zegcx

Zegcx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

I play MLS and we lost to a Hunter/Warlock/Druid team because of that meta...The hunter had the meta reflect gem. He reflected two deep freezes and one death coil in a single game...

#213 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

this meta is the definition of what blizzard wants in this game

people don't realize blizzard doesn't want what real gamers want

because appealing to real gamers is less profitable

they took this stance when they merged with activision and bobby kotick acquired an indirect influence on blizzard... despite promises not to bother their production.

lying is pretty standard in business. don't know why anyone believed them when they said they wouldn't interfere in blizzard's development of games

#214 shoutlikey

shoutlikey
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:56 PM

this meta is the definition of what blizzard wants in this game

people don't realize blizzard doesn't want what real gamers want

because appealing to real gamers is less profitable

they took this stance when they merged with activision and bobby kotick acquired an indirect influence on blizzard... despite promises not to bother their production.

lying is pretty standard in business. don't know why anyone believed them when they said they wouldn't interfere in blizzard's development of games

Reminds me of the cloak issue, racial-rng-stuff, 4% Chance to miss-talents.
All of these are pretty senseless and i never understood blizzards thoughts/intentions regarding this crap.

#215 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:48 AM

I can understand some RNG in a game design policy. RNG equates to "difference" and dynamic environment vs. static environment. If there were no RNG, you could literally run simulations of the best combo of moves etc..like a game of chess, and basically PvP would be even more scripted then it is now. At least with -some- amount of RNG, you force people to make decisions a little more on the fly (and less premeditated), which means the games are a little more reaction based --> some games you RNG crit that idiot and forced AMS really early...other games you just don't crit and he doesn't AMS, thus your strats are altered in real time. Same goes for dispels to be honest: sometimes that bubble comes off instantly, sometimes never.

While generally I think too much RNG is TERRIBLE for a game since you lose all deterministic theorycrafting (and have to go into probabilistic simulationcraft, which is a lot harder for kids to grasp). Also, too much RNG obviously means games won and lost in a manner that is very much NOT conducive towards an e-sport (i.e. a reflection of skill).

Basically I think the ultimate design goals should be around dispel mechanics, proc mechanics, and damage mechanics, that are not more then +/- 15% from the mean. A lesser amount of RNG hopefully translates into situations that do not change the immediate future of the game (eg. autoloss or autowin scenarios), but perhaps influence the course of a match slowly over time as the collection of small, subtle RNG drift favor. Its much more time averaged that way; still allows for some strategizing and general theorycrafting about how a fight should progress; and also requires real-time adaptation to situations by the players (more skill required).

#216 vard

vard
  • Premium Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

This meta is the big fat ironic cherry on top of a big cheesy cake defining everything that's wrong with PvP at the moment.

On another note, I reflected a hammer of justice yesterday.

#217 Tizlol

Tizlol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1853
  • 3v3: 1966
  • RBG: 1653

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

I can recommend this gem, I was skeptical at first, but when I tried it, over a few hundred arena games maybe, I've reflected:

1 cyclone
2 sheeps
1 counterspell
2 chains of ice (1 was totally gamebreaking)
1 HoJ

and a ton of other useless spells obviously, just mentioning the "important" ones

#218 Dril

Dril
  • Junkies

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

While playing 3s one match against Drîl shadowpriest reflected full (?) cs, the next game against them I reflected deep freeze :D.

remember that shit lololol :D its like HES DEEPFREEZED! no wait im deep freezed lol :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<