• Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Anyone else consider using it after fucking around with it on TR?

Currently I use 21 crit strike 3% increased crit damage as Shadow, but as Shadowshatter its more about setup than unhealable damage.

We've had hilarious games on TR where I fear a Hunter+Pally and Warlock tries to Fear me to peel and gets feared himself, or this one Druid where I reflected Cyclone back to him 2 games in a row. Shit like that is gamebreaking. I'm really considering it, although I think the crit meta is better for RPS damage tunnel.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#2 Lauviah

Lauviah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/1/0/0/1/2

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

It's unreliable.
+ when I tried it and actually reflected chains of ice, the dk afflicted with his own coi was able to move around with normal speed. Double checked in duel. Homo ;/

If it was like 2% or 3% chance then I would take it tho

#3 apendixlol

apendixlol
  • Apendixlol
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Anyone else consider using it after fucking around with it on TR?

Currently I use 21 crit strike 3% increased crit damage as Shadow, but as Shadowshatter its more about setup than unhealable damage.

We've had hilarious games on TR where I fear a Hunter+Pally and Warlock tries to Fear me to peel and gets feared himself, or this one Druid where I reflected Cyclone back to him 2 games in a row. Shit like that is gamebreaking. I'm really considering it, although I think the crit meta is better for RPS damage tunnel.

it's 1% chance isn't it? if so then i would only use it for the reasons you said just for loling at when it atually procs and u cyclone and druid or something, but i still think constant crit and crit dmg is better.

#4 unitedstates

unitedstates
  • Junkies

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

fuck unreliable because i cant tell you how many times what you just said happens. you would see it more if ppl used it im swapping all my chars to reflect metas

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

lots of things in this game are unreliable :D

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#6 Amelay

Amelay
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

I really want to see this in a game - warlock vs prot warrior team,

Warlock chaosbolt --> prot warriors teammate, -> port war uses spell reflect -> reflects chaosbolt back to warlock--> meta gem procs, --> sends chaosbolt to prot war, warrior dies - oh wait metagem sends chaosbolt back to warlock - and warlock dies!
"Quitted" my hunter
"Quitted" my rogue

what to play now?

#7 Knarox

Knarox
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

don't think the point of using this meta in the first place would be to rely on it but if you simply can't see your current meta effect making a difference in your matches, this would definitely sometimes change something drastically.
"Oh yeah, well I've had about enough of morons and half wits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells... and you, you chowder-head yokel, you blithering hayseed. You've had enough of me?"

#8 Mitearidon

Mitearidon
  • Mitearialz
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

rogue I played with on my alt used this meta in 3s instead of stun reduction. I thought it was abit of a poor choice at first but with 80% wizcleaves in that bg, we saw how truly effective it really is. sure it's unreliable and rng, but that's how pretty much anything is in this game anyway.

Shadowmourne is fine

All the people against it are just as biased aswell

PROTECT THE ORANGES AT ALL COST!!!

#9 Mewee

Mewee
  • Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

I did a lot of thinking about metagems last week, valuing how effective each of them really were.

The +3% crit damage is almost worthless on resilience targets, I'm running with 3/5 shadow power now because the loss of 40% crit damage might sound like much in theory but in reality it has a very small impact on your overall damage on 1200 resilience, let alone the miniscule 3% from the metagem.

10% Stun reduction is almost worthless as well, seeing as we already got 30% from unbreakable will. The metagem and the talent does indeed stack with each other, but not additively for 30+10=40%, but multiplicatively so its more like 33%. I did a lot of testing with a rogue friend, cheapshotting and kidneyshotting me for over 30 minutes, with both 10% stun reduction gem, 15% stun reduction (TBC gem) and 0% stun reduction in pve spec. The difference in stun lenghth with metagem is not noticable at all if you already are talented in UW.

Ember Skyflare diamond: 25spellpower + 2% intellect
In my pvp gear (4p wrathful, 277 tier chest, 277 valanars) I got 1164 intellect
That's +23 intellect which is 358 mana. Terrible choice.

Beaming Earthsiege Diamond: +21 Critical Strike Rating and +2% Mana
With my 21k manapool it's an increase of 420 mana. Bad.

Insightful Earthsiege Diamond: +21 Intellect and Chance to restore mana on spellcast
This one is very decent, as not only does it give you 315 mana passive (and a small bit of crit), it has also been said to have a 15s ICD. Wowhead estimates the proc to be worth about 60-75 mp5 in a near constant casting situation, which is about half of what a normal version solace provides. Not too shabby, considering the other alternatives are pretty bad.

Considering the metagems of wotlk are all pretty terrible and not very gamebreaking, it's safe to assume that it won't have much of an impact on your games which one you take. With that said, the spell reflect meta could be a fun option, or maybe even the TBC one that gives you +5% stun resistance, which is cool whenever RNG is on your side. However, the mana restore meta is probably the best right now, too bad it has no offensive passive stats.

But after seeing this thread im probably gonna try and run around with the reflect meta a bit and see how I like it, as I dont really lose anything important by switching.

#10 Kryye

Kryye
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

10% Stun reduction is almost worthless as well, seeing as we already got 30% from unbreakable will. The metagem and the talent does indeed stack with each other, but not additively for 30+10=40%, but multiplicatively so its more like 33%. I did a lot of testing with a rogue friend, cheapshotting and kidneyshotting me for over 30 minutes, with both 10% stun reduction gem, 15% stun reduction (TBC gem) and 0% stun reduction in pve spec. The difference in stun length with metagem is not noticable at all if you already are talented in UW

The difference between no stun reduction meta and 15% stun reduction meta is very noticeable to me.

The spell reflect meta is a lot of fun, considering how many spells are constantly being cast on you, you'll hit tons of spells. I've had a game where the druid started out in stealth and comes out with a cyclone right off the bat, reflected it and his warrior died right in the start of the game thanks to the 5 seconds of extra CC the druid helped us out with. I played with it for a day or two and I was reflecting tons of HoJs, polys, fears, etc. BUT you can unintentionally mess up CC DR and screw up your CC chains.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Even the amount that PVP can alter the PVE game in WoW is unacceptable to us. Whenever we run into a case of 'this would be really awesome for PVE' but then the PVP guy says 'that kind of screws us in PVP' the answer is always 'SHUT UP PVP GUY, it's awesome in PVE so that's what we're doing!'

#11 Vexx

Vexx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

a priest on a priest/lock team definitely reflected my HoJ on live last night. i was quite stunned for a few seconds .... no pun intended!

#12 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

i use it

its lol

things i can remember happening:

mage cc'ing me.. imp cs -> sheep (sheep reflected) -> he got dispelled clean during his own sheep

dispel UA on myself... reflect UA silence back onto the lock

reflected death coil at least once

running around mounted in a BG.. paladin runs up to me and hammers himself

2v2 sp/rogue.. druid cyclones himself, trinkets that into full duration fear

#13 Astriani

Astriani
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

too bad it's only 1%. Make it 3 and i'll use it too
Posted Image
[quote name='Felic']Just fucking look at this tournament, 0 melee cleaves.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Solemnity']I don't know about you guys but I dueled a decent disc priest on the ptr as fury and even with all my cooldowns up I couldn't kill him untill he was out of mana.../QUOTE]
Warrior @ PTR Fury

#14 Mrly

Mrly

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

I used it for a long time, but that was when i played mainly as shadow and didnt play 2s that much, I need the insightful for mana for 2s but before when I used the reflect it was pretty awesome. Youd see atleast one reflect every 2 games. Sometimes this reflect would be on pretty clutch things like cyclone, hammer of justice, fear, poly. I mean if you never find yourself struggling mana wise, Id go for it without a doubt.

#15 Syaoran

Syaoran
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:04 PM

has anyone taught about using http://www.wowhead.c...=25899#comments on their muti rogue's? i mean with the rediculously fast attack speed rogues have atm a 1second stun without internal cooldown (on a verylow procc chance tough) will be insane to sit on locks or ele shamans for example

#16 Alardras

Alardras
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Khadgar
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

regardless of how effective it may be...the reflect meta is just fucking awesome

however downsides on a serious note could be accidental DRs or like cycloning a druid youre trying to kill...usualy its just awesome

in 5s its actually pretty noticable

pretty much.

if you see a gay guy, and you know hes gay, is there really a point in asking him if he's gay?

same principle.

stop being slow

Stop playing a faggot fucking comp. Posted Image

master rych has spoken

#17 Handra

Handra
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

regardless of how effective it may be...the reflect meta is just fucking awesome

however downsides on a serious note could be accidental DRs or like cycloning a druid youre trying to kill...usualy its just awesome

in 5s its actually pretty noticable

Word!

#18 Feralswipes

Feralswipes
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1659
  • 3v3: 2108
  • RBG: 2057

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

I used it for a long time, but that was when i played mainly as shadow and didnt play 2s that much, I need the insightful for mana for 2s but before when I used the reflect it was pretty awesome. Youd see atleast one reflect every 2 games. Sometimes this reflect would be on pretty clutch things like cyclone, hammer of justice, fear, poly. I mean if you never find yourself struggling mana wise, Id go for it without a doubt.

reflected a pom poly without DRs while ur druid was at like 10% on separate occasions, which are the only times u have beat me in arena, this meta is OP and i am swapping to it when i get off work
+rep if i helped

#19 Synze

Synze
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

The difference between no stun reduction meta and 15% stun reduction meta is very noticeable to me.

I seem to remember a thread like this a while back, and someone pointed out that the 10% and 15% meta are actually both 10%. Apparently Blizz nerfed the 15% when WotLK hit, but didn't change the tooltip. Or am I hallucinating?

#20 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

It's 10%.

If your whole team uses it, I'd say it's worth considering. If it's just you, the odds of it proccing, on a good spell to reflect, is too low to bother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<