#1 Chaltier

Chaltier
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

So we've been having a problem with two recent teams running this setup on our BG. They simply tunnel our priest while the Druid cyclones our paladin in time for a Captain America Shitstorm combo by the warrior and paladin. I've tried bouncing between warrior and paladin to peel them off of the priest (as well as demo shout/Tclap). I've also used intercept stuns to stop cyclones as well as following it with a pummel to their next cast. Priest still gets blown up, if not within the first Captain America combo cooldown.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • LocationYour house

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

nerf shadowmourne, I think that'll fix it?
Posted Image

#3 Khader

Khader
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1480
  • 5v5: 957

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

There is no real counter (I run that comp).  We specifically train the Paladin, forcing the Priest to heal to make him refrain from burning and dispelling.  The only real viable option is to go with a DK instead of a warrior to help with peels.

It's just a counter-comp, you have to dodge it.

#4 vyze

vyze
  • Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

hi Inclination, im running warr druid protret aswell, and we struggle with some few comps. RMP, some few spellcleaves that global, sometimes RLS.
We played 12-4 and went down about 20 rating... Is there anything special you could give as advice to me as a druid?
Would be very kind of you.

edit: we have experience from 2650 rating (got hotter streak that mmr) when we farmed high rated PHD to 2500 rating ( but ofc we dropped it to like 2200 mmr spellcleaves that globaled or won just cuz SETUP).

thx

#5 Khader

Khader
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1480
  • 5v5: 957

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

vs RMP, it's very difficult, probably the hardest comp to face.  We always try to save CDs (bubble, trinket, etc) for when they CC my partners and go for me.  Pretty much your only hope is to play very defensive until the priest starts running low on mana and start to own him

Also time your stuns/cyclones on the rogue when the warrior wants to BS

vs RLS, your paladin cleansing fear is very important.  We usually stick the warlock/pet until he ports and goes away, then we make a switch to the shaman.  I try to clone the rogue as much as possible, especially during kidney shot.  Also, ALWAYS decurse elements.

vs Spellcleave, the only variance we have extremely trouble with is Priest/Mage/Ele and MLD.  Very all spell cleaves, we spend most of the game defending.  We los and play extremely defensive during lust.  I also try to, at all times stay in a position where my warrior can intervene to me safely.

Rep if I helped

#6 vyze

vyze
  • Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

oki, ty. but there is basicly zero teams playing atm, farmed PHD one night and had 17-3 all over 2.4k and getting ownd by some spellcleaves :/ but need more ppls to que.

thx for advice btw, will rep u

#7 Raidspec

Raidspec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • LocationYour house

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

This makes me a sad panda :(
Posted Image

#8 Chaltier

Chaltier
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:31 AM

Being a hero I am, I hate queue dodging regardless of how hard of a counter the opposing team is (hence why my team mates hate me and why we're going up and down in rating all the time).

Inclination, is there anything we can do to at least have a shot at winning against the comp? I was thinking of going apeshit on the druid while leaving the priest's livelihood to my paladin. I was thinking that if I can at least stop the cyclones that the priest could live long enough for me to put some considerable pressure on their healer to change the tide.

#9 Hexagram

Hexagram
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:32 AM

Try to get a double fear on the druid/paladin while making a hard swap on the druid.  The fear on the paladin prevents him from popping cds.

Chain the fear into a hoj on the druid and all 3 of you should be dpsing him.

This can only really work if they fuck up because if they disarm your warrior or the prot paladin pops any of his cds it screws the kill attempt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<