• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:32 AM

FUCK CLEANSING TOTEM

Can't stress enough how much I hate that shit, played with a dk for dispell protection on DP and wow...just wow the difference it makes against shaman teams
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#22 prozackdt

prozackdt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:35 AM

bloodlust =/= spriest

as we all know, the president of ruin counters villains of ruin, and villains of ruin must be countered by a hero of ruin. also, some heroes counter the president while others don't. menismyforte, the shadow king, counters all villains.

#23 Demonfury

Demonfury
  • Junkies

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:44 AM

I honestly don't see what people find so OP about shadow priests, I would rather see a shadow priest in arena over an aff lock or mage any day. The only CC a shadow priest has is fear on a 23 second CD, and to get feared you have to be pretty much on top of them. They have pretty good dots but you can easily dispel them and they do nothing, aff locks are way more deadly because dispeling their shit hits you for ~10k and you die while silenced. Sure they can disarm you, just tell your healer pop a CD to keep you up during that. Really all the tools that a spriest has are on really long CDs compared to other casters like locks and mages so you can pretty much pop a CD every time they do.

#24 Aggronaut

Aggronaut
  • Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationPA

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:45 AM

I honestly don't see what people find so OP about shadow priests, I would rather see a shadow priest in arena over an aff lock or mage any day. The only CC a shadow priest has is fear on a 23 second CD, and to get feared you have to be pretty much on top of them. They have pretty good dots but you can easily dispel them and they do nothing, aff locks are way more deadly because dispeling their shit hits you for ~10k and you die while silenced. Sure they can disarm you, just tell your healer pop a CD to keep you up during that. Really all the tools that a spriest has are on really long CDs compared to other casters like locks and mages so you can pretty much pop a CD every time they do.

Offensive/defensive dispel is what really sets them apart imo.

#25 Pangbrud

Pangbrud
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:50 AM

Lets sum this up, if shamans didnt exist in this game, game would be balanced.

#26 lchigo

lchigo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

Except you've been facing RPS/shatterplay, and now you cry here while you wouldn't even dare complain if the healer in said combo would be a druid and not shaman ( HINT HINT BLOODLUST )

I would.
The damage of spriest is still high, in those circumstances too.
My old teammate(Warlock, stays in horde :P) is playing with druid and priest now, going to ratings with winrating he never achieved with anyone.
What he said:
"Spriest is awesome"
BL is mostly issue for non-dispeller teams, for us for an example, but 80% of teams got at least 1 offensive dispeller nowadays :|

#27 Paulweezy

Paulweezy
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 1836
  • RBG: 1810

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

Priests are fine, nerf blust.

say bro according to this super pro Priest Norek- Mug'thol priest don't have burst.

#28 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/1

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:06 AM

i 100% agree that dispersion should be locked when your shadow tree gets interrupted

there's a reason why the only "op" spriest comps people complain about have shamans, spriests are absolutely ridiculous with lust

been playing rogue/sp/rdruid and the difference in damage is absolutely huge compared to RPS, that being said i enjoy playing the druid variation much much more

#29 Getrugged

Getrugged
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:10 AM

warlocks are worse than spriests. Either way, there will be no big changes till cataclysm.
The hunter formerly known as Magecrusher <3

#30 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:20 AM

warlocks are worse than spriests.

exactly what I was thinking while opening this thread

#31 Torrent

Torrent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

Regarding spriest vs warlock

Spriests have less crowd control, finite mana, much longer cooldowns which means you have to play it as a gimmick, mindless burst spec rather than a control / outlast spec, and people seriously exaggerate about how good a priest's dispel is compared to a warlock's. Sure it has no cd, but we can't use it while stunned, whereas a warlock can. We can't dispel ourselves out of sheeps or fears or deep freezes; warlocks can. Warlocks are better in almost every aspect - they can multidot better because of infinite mana and not having dots restricted to one target only (lol DP), aren't completely fucked by totems (tremor can be killed by pet; we have to melee it, and cleansing totem lol); spriests only have slightly more single target dps.

Pretty sure that if they nerf bloodlust too, spriests will go back to being non-existent. That's WotLK for you.

& @ the OP, you're playing a shit comp that is completely countered by almost every spriest team there is out there. Go play warrior / lock / paladin or dispel cleave or something.
Posted Image

#32 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

id be good with dispersion being lockoutable

if theyd fix the other bugs related to it first
Posted Image

#33 miserylol

miserylol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

Nobody knows why they can dispersion while being locked out of shadow, it makes no sense. pallies and mages have to be careful with their school if they want to IB/DS, spriests dont need to give a crap.

^what is bugged with dispersion atm?

#34 Flöt

Flöt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:24 AM

^ deep wounds are ticking for full damage through it for one.

#35 Schmeiser

Schmeiser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

i find elementalshamans / affliction locks / hunters worse than spriests.

I agree
[16:09] maajty: wlp was the strongest setup
[16:09] maajty: after lsd

RPS 2.2k hero talking about s8

#36 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

Nobody knows why they can dispersion while being locked out of shadow, it makes no sense. pallies and mages have to be careful with their school if they want to IB/DS, spriests dont need to give a crap.

^what is bugged with dispersion atm?

only reason i can c for dispersion being independent of school lockout is the fact that without any form of snare to peel off themselves spriests have to cast in the face of melee on them, making a school lockout more likely and thus easier to exploit, compaired to a mage who has nova's and can blink even when locked out. Locks have a similar problem cept for portal to get distance (could argue portal should be independent of shadow lockout too). Not saying it's right - just saying what might be the reason

#37 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

along with the fact that you get slowed in it sometimes

#38 Gerald

Gerald

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

lol curve ball, anyone else not see that coming due to the nature of this thread?
Posted Image

the people who "think" spellcleave was an easy glad are the people who live on planet earth. The people who don't think so are first time glad spellcleavers :P.

#39 prozackdt

prozackdt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

warlocks are worse than spriests. Either way, there will be no big changes till cataclysm.

HAHAHAHAHA

as we all know, the president of ruin counters villains of ruin, and villains of ruin must be countered by a hero of ruin. also, some heroes counter the president while others don't. menismyforte, the shadow king, counters all villains.

#40 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:44 AM

shadow feels overpowered to me even running with a druid but thats probably because my perspective is skewed from playing disc. warriors are definitely on par with spriests at any rate. and affli locks are definitely stronger. and in terms of raw burst and utility ele shamans would have to be up there too i guess, and you cant forget hunters and holy paladins

tl;dr: spriests are strong but other stuff is more worthy of whine thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<