• Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ysondre
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

not tier 1

http://www.sk-gaming...ll/all/all/all/

If RMP isn't tier 1 with 6% what is tier 1 ?

#42 Fatz

Fatz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

SK gaming rep =/= quality

#43 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

#44 Marinara

Marinara
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

RMP was not godlike in s4, druid teams were better
RMP was not godlike in s5 , DK teams were better
Cleave was dominant in s6 which made rmp strong but not godlike
RMP got shat on by beastcleaves in s7 and split games with many top comps

Sorry but viable with amazing players =/= godlike. ATM RMP is too weak because rogues can't stand up to wiz cleaves and mages cant stand up to hunters. It blows because it means the alternative is comps which require a damage spam playstyle.

s1-4...godlike

s5 it was pretty LOL with arcane and mut damage it was really only held back by priests kinda sucking

s6 it was still really good

s7-s8 just another random comp that still works just fine

#45 Gunnermaniac

Gunnermaniac

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

RMP isn't dead, it's just that a million of RMP's counters are alive.

Beastcleave
Ret/Hunter
Shadowcleave
WLD (to an extent)

Lol.

#46 Zâfryna1296685143

Zâfryna1296685143
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ysondre
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

SK gaming rep =/= quality

I'm not talking about quality, i'm talking about viability.

Maybe you think that RMP represents the true essence of skill or something like that, maybe you are right, but why should this mean that it has to be completely dominant ?

So basically if you are not a rogue, a mage or a priest, you have to /bow and get endlessly stomped by the 13048613086 RMPs that were on the ladder ?

Back in s6 you could never even hope to play a comp that was countered by RMP because you were always fighting them.

#47 Marinara

Marinara
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

Lol

This site has gone down hill :(

Pittles, I know you have always played PMR but you guys are good. So don't give into this PMR qqtrain bullshit. Was it fair that if you played a shaman in 3s in bc all you had to do was land one sheep on the shaman to win the game? no...so don't give in to this PMR ultimate skillcomp bullshit.

#48 Slyphic

Slyphic
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dawnbringer
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

i play RMP lol. i dont think its bad. its just not faceroll like some comps

#49 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

Oh god RMP isn't 50% of the ladder anymore i'm pissed. :rolleyes:

Now RMP is just a random tier 1 comp among many others, and there is no godlike comp.

LOL didnt see this post until now.

sig worthy

#50 Marinara

Marinara
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

LOL didnt see this post until now.

sig worthy

The first part at least is true.

How easily you people forget

#51 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

i didnt forget and i quoted the post mainly for the second part

#52 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

ya i've probably never seen an RMP tunnel my priest from start to finish to win a game, ever

While I agree RMP is kinda shit unless played by exceptional people, and right now in a sad state, that much I have to agree with this above - RMP was the REASON why I never picked up 3s for serious in TBC/most of wotlk, it was so fucking annoying taking retarded damage into your team while constantly having to LoS polies/death them/juke/etc.

I remember meeting some famous-back-then RMP on TR during TBC, they were "good players", I expected a good fight with insane CC and shit - needless to say, they didn't deliver - "YO GUYS TRAIN THE SHADOWPRIEST 24/7, DONT EVEN THINK OF SWAPPING WHILE OUR PRIEST JUST KEEPS DISPELLING EVENTUAL DOTS THE SHADOWPRIEST PUTS UP ON US - $UCE$$!!!"

Right now though, RMP is a joke if said RMP faces skilled people running a good combo ( seeing well - spellcleaves against rogues, hunters against mages, wotlk damage against priest healing - kinda sad :( )

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#53 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

waht u on about rmp is top tier comp among others like lsd and shit :confused::confused:

#54 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:39 PM

waht u on about rmp is top tier comp among others like lsd and shit :confused::confused:

sure is m8, liek insane pressure n shit, is strong and doesnt afraid of anything ;S

I've tried some RMP on TR, it's fucking sad that RMsP ( the tripDPS version of it ) is actually fucking amazing compared to disc version ( given the players know how to play the game w/o healer and avoid as much damage as possible ).

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#55 Bloody_qq

Bloody_qq
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:40 PM

RMP isn't dead, it's just that a million of RMP's counters are alive.

WLD (to an extent)

Posted Image

#56 Fatz

Fatz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

I'm not talking about quality, i'm talking about viability.

Maybe you think that RMP represents the true essence of skill or something like that, maybe you are right, but why should this mean that it has to be completely dominant ?

So basically if you are not a rogue, a mage or a priest, you have to /bow and get endlessly stomped by the 13048613086 RMPs that were on the ladder ?

Back in s6 you could never even hope to play a comp that was countered by RMP because you were always fighting them.

this post doesnt really make much sense and your logic jumps around too much for me to follow
yes, RMP is viable, but isnt tier 1. just because it is 6% on SK gaming, doesn't mean its a top combo.

a good RMP can and will SHIT all over noobs, to the point where you feel like there is nothing that could have been done, hence the reason for the of the "gah RMP so op"

the fact that all members have to be bursting for kills, the fact that all members on RMP are gibbable, the state of hunters and spellcleaves and priest healing limit the combo

#57 Kirsikka

Kirsikka
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationSide-7

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

I've got something WoTLKish to share with you in this thread.
There was an RMP stuck at 2200 rating with a 60% w/l at my realm.
The rogue in the team is a very good rogue that tried to boost them out of pity.
Regardless they used the powers of Ghostcrawler and Buddha combined!, and added an elemental shaman to the team.
WoTLK SUPRISE! they jumped from 2200 to 2700+ with 80%+ w/l
Leading to the very amusing dialog presented in my signature.

Should give a pretty good example why RMPers get mad, especially if you (nearly) lose to players that don't even understand half of this game.
Because half of the time you aren't getting outplayed or outswapped, they just WoTLK you or one of your two team members.

Key elements; Ghostcrawler :mad::mad::mad: and :shaman: carried very poor players to compete with decent and amazing players while still playing with major flaws

#58 Gunnermaniac

Gunnermaniac

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

For future reference it's definitely RMP and no other variation. No PMR no MRP no PRM.

#59 Firstshifter

Firstshifter
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:25 AM

RPM

#60 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:58 AM

Oh god RMP isn't 50% of the ladder anymore i'm pissed. :rolleyes:

Now RMP is just a random tier 1 comp among many others, and there is no godlike comp.

The Majority of WOTLK'ers don't miss RMP

Why? They claim RMP has too much control. While it is true that RMP offers a lot of control, the 'bads' that don't like RMP usually don't like it because of the CC-chains not a single sheep (or series of sheeps, even).

However, the reason that 'good' players LIKE RMP, is because RMP, unlike other retarded comps, has avoidable setup, and when you lose to it, it is entirely possible you could have done something differently next time. The same cannot be said for other comps.

For example, if your team is bad, your healer will likely experience something like sap->sheep(trinket)->blind->more sheeps/fear/cs. While this seems completely unavoidable in itself assuming the blind is seamless with the trinketed sheep, there are many, MANY things your TEAM can do to survive this. You can stop a resheep, have smarter positioning, utilize an ability you haven't been (intervene?) etc.

In fact, I have a theory that one of the reasons RMP was so insanely popular (50%+ on SK-100) is because of that reason:

RMP is a comp you can actually practice! Versus many matchups, every single opponent is potentially killable and so the possibilities to make brilliant plans (or brilliant failures) are endless. None of these statements are true re: TSG, Wizcleave, Beastcleave, etc.

Anyway, cliffnotes:

- WotLK catered specifically to noobs who know how to press damage buttons
- WotLK noobs don't actually know how to play otherwise
- RMP's fair yet counterable cc seems impossible to overcome for players who are playing at a rating higher than they deserve to be (but they are there due to WotLK)
- RMP was popular before because it required skill hence there was a point to actively playing it.
- The other comps are only good for 10-a-week because there's nothing to practice once you figure out the 'generic works-vs-everyone' strategy. ("Cast LB when I'm casting Incinerate ok!")

DISCLAIMER:
When I say RMP is a fair, balanced comp I mostly am referring to late TBC/WotLK. RMP was overpowered for at the most, 2 seasons and they were s2 and s3 because thats when disc priests were the most overpowered as well. The strength/weakness of this comp has usually correlated to the health of a priest as a competent solo healer.

If you don't like what RMP represents, then you directly promote a WotLK-arena atmosphere. So please don't be another one of those hypocritical morons and complain about the state of arena while simultaneously being glad that RMP is dead.

Oh, and if you think RMP isn't dead, I assure you that you suck at your comp. Vrs 90% of the live-ladder comps out there, YOUR team might get raped by RMP, but better players playing your characters for you wouldn't, and that's the whole fucking point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<