Photo

What's the Easiest Class to Pick Up/ Hit 2k With?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Poll: Easiest = ? (358 member(s) have cast votes)

Easiest = ?

1. Priest (11 votes [3.07%])

Percentage of vote: 3.07%

2. Rogue (16 votes [4.47%])

Percentage of vote: 4.47%

3. Mage (8 votes [2.23%])

Percentage of vote: 2.23%

4. Paladin (101 votes [28.21%])

Percentage of vote: 28.21%

5. Death Knight (27 votes [7.54%])

Percentage of vote: 7.54%

6. Warrior (40 votes [11.17%])

Percentage of vote: 11.17%

7. Druid (39 votes [10.89%])

Percentage of vote: 10.89%

8. Hunter (10 votes [2.79%])

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

9. Warlock (28 votes [7.82%])

Percentage of vote: 7.82%

10. Shamman (78 votes [21.79%])

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pinkpwnage

Pinkpwnage
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

So, I was curious: what is the easiest class that you could log on with for the first time, practice around a bit in bg's, farm your offpieces, and hit at least 2k with easy.

Also: Elaborate why

#2 QtHidden

QtHidden
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

dk / warr

#3 Pinkpwnage

Pinkpwnage
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

Why is that?

#4 Marathi

Marathi
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

A lot of people say Holy Pala is one of the easiest to play, I imagine Boomkin could carry you to 2K atm, starfall out of stealth, kite in kitty form until everyone dies. Maybe a well geared warrior but I wouldn't say DK
Spoiler

worst terran eu

#5 Seriana

Seriana
  • Seriana
  • Banned
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

Resto druid, not even a question. You could probably 2v1 your way up to 2k. All you need is a warm body that can press damaging skills every few minutes and you have an easy path to 2k if not glad.

A lot of people say Holy Pala is one of the easiest to play, I imagine Boomkin could carry you to 2K atm, starfall out of stealth, kite in kitty form until everyone dies. Maybe a well geared warrior but I wouldn't say DK

then they are shitty/stupid. holy pallies have a surprising amount of tight GCD control that'll kill you if you fuck up a few times.

DKs have and always will be easy. Spam your easy 4 abilities with your (still) best survival cooldowns and enjoy annoying everything to death

Im going to buy Seriana a dildo

#6 Deepkiss

Deepkiss
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

Resto druid no doubt about it, but holy pallies are after them. It's EXTREMELY easy to play a holy paladin up to 2k (that's what we are talking about right?). Seriously it's so astonishingly easy to play, a retarded quadruple amputee can play it.

EDIT: Wow the most votes are for warrior. Yes they are easy to play as well, IF you have access to PvE gear. If you don't, it's an uphill battle playing a warrior.

#7 Pinkpwnage

Pinkpwnage
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

I should say: This class will have 0 excess to PvE gear

#8 Seriana

Seriana
  • Seriana
  • Banned
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

Warriors are completely dependent on PvE gear and abusing ARP to do good. So everyone voting warrior can strike that out.

#9 Pinkpwnage

Pinkpwnage
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

I know druids are freaking op in 2v2, but aren't they hard to play with all that shapeshifting, etc.?

#10 Deepkiss

Deepkiss
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

I know druids are freaking op in 2v2, but aren't they hard to play with all that shapeshifting, etc.?

Spamming shapeshifting isn't hard.

#11 Jodaloras

Jodaloras

I've only played two classes who hit 2k at some point. A dk, and a druid. The druid recently, the dk... Around the start of WOTLK. DK was definitely way easier. I didn't play anywhere near optimally. I had macros that blew multiple cooldowns at once keybinded to my trinket, (The stun immunity, magic shield), and used a /cast death grip /cast chains of ice, and even used a /castsequence reset=2 icy touch, plague strike macro.

Because I always had to cast plague strike after icy touch, I had no way to cast chains (without blowing death grip first) of ice without changing my action bar page, (which if someone got away from the plague resulted in them kiting me forever, cause I had to keep spamming it or I'd waste a rune) nor any way to strangulate. However: I did have the half decency to interrupt everything, and also use my ghoul stun as a second interrupt. Anyways ran dk/ret and hit 2129 without ever even using vent. All I needed? Was a pally that merely keybinded everything, just basic proper gearing, and not keyboard turning was the only requirement even without vent. Of course it's probably harder now than it once was.

Pretty much the only coordination at all, was death gripping melee off the pally, the pally bubbling me if I need time to rune tap heal myself, and me strangulating after a stun ends when finishing something. It could've been starting out undergeared/resilience changes but feral/rogue, and feral/priest weren't anywhere near as faceroll for me. Spellbinder, power auras, dimishing returns, clique, and actually micromanaging abilities as opposed to macro'ing every cd in a single macro seemed essential this time. It's also partially Blade's Edge/Ring of Valor being feral-unfriendly arenas, and one other thing though. While I'm proud to be ferolawl: Going from two interrupts you can use in any "stance" with a single global cooldown, to one that consumed two globals (bash), one that gimps damage greatly (maim), and one that's the hardest to get off (charge) sucked. I'll always remember mind freezing the second I see a cast bar, then ghoul stunning as soon as I see the second cast and owning casters due to it.

Forget everything you heard about the unholy tree: Desecration, and ghoul stun coordinated after a mind freeze are the talents REAL strengths. Though this was back when ghoul stun had a 20 second cd I think. With all the nerfs unholy probably isn't as easy as it was, and may be a lot harder now. The easiest classes would probably be classes that provide a lot of support with little effort, and retain great survivability while doing so, whatever that may be. The more careful you have to be with cooldowns the harder it gets.

#12 Possiblymaeby

Possiblymaeby
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Madoran
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Protret Paladin. Lowest skill cap in the game.

Druid Lock is hard comp. I played quite a few comps on my lock and my priest. Not sure where your getting the "it's ez mode" attitude

-Locktron

+rep for Pinot Noir

Posted Image

#13 Pinkpwnage

Pinkpwnage
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

I mean, I have played a priest since s2, but I am thinking of simply acquiring a level 80, learn how to play it through farming bg's for offpieces, and try something new and easier.

Would being a resto druid be the easiest to do such? With no PvE gear

#14 Seriana

Seriana
  • Seriana
  • Banned
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

hahahaha no

press 2 buttons and you are permanently immune to most CC and all snares

#15 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

Whatever class I don't play is the easiest class in the game.

I've had warriors tell me how retardedly faceroll ferals are. Stupid warriors.

I don't even fotm

#16 Deepkiss

Deepkiss
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

I've played both a resto druid and holy paladin, so my opinion is not biased. The only thing druids have to gain the edge over holy paladins, is their permanent immunity to snares and most cc.

#17 Pinkpwnage

Pinkpwnage
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

It seems as if many people believe paladins are much easier: care to explain why?

#18 Hotshotgrac

Hotshotgrac

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

Shamans

#19 klaus

klaus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

voted warriors.

I mean seriously, look at all the warriors in furious gear, battlemasters and titansteel destroyers dominating till 2k.
Posted Image

#20 Clous

Clous
  • Members

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

Shamans

If you are referring to beastcleave, then I agree.

Overall though, paladin is pretty much guaranteed 2k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<